Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #166
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

I know we are too late for the FE, but if anyone wants to add us to your list (especially DD Kayla, age 9) we would love to drop goodies off to you too. Kayla is a Rainbow Loomer...and would love to make some items to share.

Stephanie

3 Platinum DCL Cruisers!
19 DCL cruises, 1 Carnival, 1 Royal Caribbean, and counting!!!
BealsRwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #167
2disneycruzrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airien View Post
I have a question for anyone out there. My 4yo DS keeps seeing commercials for the new Disney movie "Frozen" & he is so looking forward to it! The movie is slated for release 11/27/13...any chance they will have this playing onboard??
Hi Airien - I'm confident they'll show the movie. We were on board the day Brother Bear was released and you could even get a special PremEAR at sea pin. I'm hoping to be able to see it with my 4yo too. She's never seen a Disney movie in full length nor theatre - only 1D's movie!

Wonder 10/14 * Reimagined Magic 12/13 * Swan/Dream/Animation: 12/12 * Beach Club: 1/12 - work * AKL/Dream: 9/11 - my daughter's and nieces' first cruise! * Beach Club/Wonder: 11/08 - work * Beach Club/Wonder: 8/08 - work (I get paid to go?!) * Dolphin/Wonder: 12/05 * RCCL - Jewel inaugural season (Western) 4/05-work * RCCL - Serenade inaugural season (Alaska) 8/04 - work * Swan/Magic: 11/03 Eastern * Dolphin/Wonder 10/02 - our honeymoon * WDW '83
2disneycruzrs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #168
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

Thor 2 is being played onboard now and Frozen is scheduled to PremEAR at sea 11/27. We are planning on seeing both!

3 Platinum DCL Cruisers!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #169
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Just booked our pre- and post- cruise hotel in FLL since that is where we are flying into. This is the shortest notice we have ever booked a cruise - throwing together flights, transportation, etc. plus will be packing without the kiddos seeing us pack so we can surprise them.

Now, onto shuttle services to Port of Miami (haven't cruised from Miami since 2003 for our wedding cruise!) and car rental for post-cruise (we are actually going to do an airboat ride - how many times have we been to southern Florida and never actually to the Everglades?!?)

We are late dining, so this will be the first time on any cruise line we won't have to be rushing off the ship for a flight home and plan to enjoy late breakfast and the Magic as long as we can (anything later than standing in line at 7am is "late" for us LOL). Seems like we are always headed to catch an early flight. Our cruise last week, we were off the ship and at the gate at the airport by 8:20, already past security. (Port of Houston for a Princess cruise) Looking VERY forward to this!

Last edited by MandyGirl; 11-17-2013 at 11:22 PM. Reason: typo
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:07 AM   #170
momandson2013
Earning My Ears

Hi please don't mind me. I'm just trying to get a few messages in so I can PM
momandson2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:29 AM   #171
KnightRail
Mouseketeer

I've been hearing that port of Miami is a nuthouse...hopefully it won't be too bad for us.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:49 AM   #172
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

We had much preferred Port Everglades to Port of Miami. Same thing when flying through FLL vs MIA. When we figured out it had been since 2003 for POM we realized just how quickly time flies. Eeek!
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #173
Eeyore77
DIS Veteran

Getting excited!!!! Is there a meet planned?
Old 11-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #174
TheBeadPirate
Button Maker Magician & Blinkie toting Sherpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRail View Post
I've been hearing that port of Miami is a nuthouse...hopefully it won't be too bad for us.
We were just there last week for a RCL preview cruise and it wasn't bad- even with 5 ships in! We went out of G which was next to the Magic.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #175
poison ivy
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,

I am really sorry we haven't been posting here. We were not sure if we'd be able to make this cruise with work commitments and moved ourselves over to the Jan 2nd 3nt for a couple weeks.

Which is why we never signed up for the FE. Just didn't want to inconvenience anyone here with the time constraints.

We are happy to report we are back!!! And can't wait to go!!!

What is everyone who is flying out of FLL doing to get to the port?

Also, if we drive - where do we park?

we have never cruised out of Miami.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks so much
christine
poison ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #176
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poison ivy View Post
Hi everyone,

I am really sorry we haven't been posting here. We were not sure if we'd be able to make this cruise with work commitments and moved ourselves over to the Jan 2nd 3nt for a couple weeks.

Which is why we never signed up for the FE. Just didn't want to inconvenience anyone here with the time constraints.

We are happy to report we are back!!! And can't wait to go!!!

What is everyone who is flying out of FLL doing to get to the port?

Also, if we drive - where do we park?

we have never cruised out of Miami.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks so much
christine
Hi there. We cruised out of Miami about 5 years ago. We drove down the night before from central FL, and stayed right near the port. We actually parked at the port as we had never cruised out of Miami, nor on Carnival. It was very easy and convenient! It is up to $20/night now, so we are looking at options too. We are driving down after picking up DD after school Tues. I am hoping to find a good deal on a hotel near the port on Priceline...still time to bid! I have also found a few park and cruise places near the port (we use a park & cruise or stay & cruise when going out of Port Canaveral, even though we live 1 hour away for convenience and price vs paying at the port).

$ 47.63 with taxes, free shuttle up to 4 people, and parking for cruise. http://premierparkingusa.com/discoun...utm_medium=cpc

$8.50/day+ fees and tax
http://premiercruiseparking.com/Park...0%20AM&siteid=

3 Platinum DCL Cruisers!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:18 PM   #177
poison ivy
DIS Veteran

thanks BealsRwe:

this is becoming quite a project.
We are planning to fly in to FLL the night before. Spirit is offering some great fares right now out of Atlantic City.

I priced out Mears - FLL to the port. (since they are reputable)
$125.80 for 8-10 pass in a luxury van with extended cargo.
Anyone interested in sharing a ride?
Old 11-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #178
KnightRail
Mouseketeer

I'm taking Amtrak from Orlando to Miami, then taking miami's light rail to the vicinity near the hotel I have. I think it's only gonna be $2.50 to take the light rail! After the cruise I'm taking amtrak back home to Tampa it's quite inexpensive and I'm kinda an Amtrak addict so I love it!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #179
KnightRail
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore77 View Post
Getting excited!!!! Is there a meet planned?
Lol I've asked this before and never heard anything...maybe you'll have better luck asking it this time
Old 11-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #180
poison ivy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRail View Post
I'm taking Amtrak from Orlando to Miami, then taking miami's light rail to the vicinity near the hotel I have. I think it's only gonna be $2.50 to take the light rail! After the cruise I'm taking amtrak back home to Tampa it's quite inexpensive and I'm kinda an Amtrak addict so I love it!
wish we knew our way around the FL rails to travel like this. How are you getting back and forth to the port?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: