DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
snoopy5386
DIS Veteran

Here now and really annoyed

We got in this afternoon and are planning on attending MNSSHP tomorrow. We were at downtown Disney tonight and went to buy our party tickets with DVC advance purchase discount at Guest Relations. The CM there said that they couldn't sell us the tickets, that we had to call a number to order the tickets and then come back to will call and pick them up, but he didn't have the number that we needed to call. Um thanks for nothing?

I figured we'd go back to our resort and sort it out with concierge but of course by the time we get back to the resort they are closed. Now I'm going to get stuck paying full price tomorrow.

I was waiting until we got here to buy them because I wanted to be sure the weather would be good and I was under the impression that it would be no problem to buy Halloween party tickets in person. Not the case.
Coronado Springs 3/05
Polynesian 10/05
DD's 1st TRIP for her 1st BIRTHDAY April 07!!!!
Polynesian 10/07 Girls Trip!
Coronado Springs 6/08
Food and Wine Festival Fall 2008
Sailing on the Magic 10/10/09
snoopy5386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Sadly it seems a few rotten apples spoil it for everyone.

They can't verify that your membership is current and active with just the card, hence the reason you have to order them online or through Member Services.

The thing I don't understand is you can buy DVC priced APs and PAPs in person using your ID and member card but not the party ticket.

Unlike AP and PAPs since there is no ID required for each ticket I guess they had members buying them and selling them or something.

Last edited by Sammie; 10-13-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
Friendofpluto
DIS Veteran

Call and tell them what happened. Maybe you will get discount. I called member services for MVMCP tickets and asked if I could purchase at guest services. When I stopped there they said I had to call. I told them member services said I could. The woman the gave them to me.
Friendofpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #4
snoopy5386
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie
Sadly it seems a few rotten apples spoil it for everyone.

They can't verify that your membership is current and active with just the card, hence the reason you have to order them online or through Member Services.

The thing I don't understand is you can buy DVC priced APs and PAPs in person using your ID and member card but not the party ticket.
I didn't know I could order them online!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Got them with 6 minutes to spare!!!!
Coronado Springs 3/05
Polynesian 10/05
Coronado Springs 6/08
Old 10-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #5
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy5386 View Post
I didn't know I could order them online!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Got them with 6 minutes to spare!!!!
you are welcome, glad you made it.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:10 AM   #6
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Two years ago we were doing the same sort of thing for MVMCP. It wasn't a night with a DVC discount but it was 2 or 3 days prior and I thought we'd get the advance purchase price. Concierge at CR tried and tried and finally called the special event ticketing. It was a no go - they said that they had run out of the advance purchase tickets.

I didn't have the time to bring it up with guest service at the park but will talk with a supervisor if we run into it again.

Glad it worked out for you though!

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:59 AM   #7
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We got in this afternoon and are planning on attending MNSSHP tomorrow. We were at downtown Disney tonight and went to buy our party tickets with DVC advance purchase discount at Guest Relations. The CM there said that they couldn't sell us the tickets, that we had to call a number to order the tickets and then come back to will call and pick them up, but he didn't have the number that we needed to call. Um thanks for nothing?

I figured we'd go back to our resort and sort it out with concierge but of course by the time we get back to the resort they are closed. Now I'm going to get stuck paying full price tomorrow.

I was waiting until we got here to buy them because I wanted to be sure the weather would be good and I was under the impression that it would be no problem to buy Halloween party tickets in person. Not the case.
I'm glad you asked and were able to get what you wanted but not sure why you were annoyed. The website clearly states you must purchase in advance and gives you MS phone number. You took the chance related to weather and the chance to possibly pay more.

Quote:
Specially priced tickets MUST be purchased in ADVANCE .
DVC Members may purchase discounted tickets for themselves and up to five (5) Guests.
Disney Vacation Club Members may purchase tickets via Member Services by calling 800-********* or online.
All Discounted tickets will be set up for Will-Call. A valid Disney Vacation Club Member ID must be shown at the time of ticket pick-up.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:13 AM   #8
snoopy5386
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean
I'm glad you asked and were able to get what you wanted but not sure why you were annoyed. The website clearly states you must purchase in advance and gives you MS phone number. You took the chance related to weather and the chance to possibly pay more.
Because I was trying to purchase them in advance, the day before! I have looked at several websites, the wdw site, mouse savers, etc and don't ever remember seeing that I had to purchase the tickets via phone or email. I thought it would be no problem to pick them up at guest services.
Coronado Springs 3/05
Polynesian 10/05
Coronado Springs 6/08
Old 10-14-2012, 06:29 AM   #9
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Because I was trying to purchase them in advance, the day before! I have looked at several websites, the wdw site, mouse savers, etc and don't ever remember seeing that I had to purchase the tickets via phone or email. I thought it would be no problem to pick them up at guest services.
I'm assuming they would have sold them to you but without the discount. It's generally best to look at the system you're using for info on any discounts, I posted the info from the DVC website, it's on the front page. Also, I don't think the night before, after MS closing, is really in advance. Put another way, I don't think there was anything to complain about if you hadn't gotten the discount.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #10
marie1981
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The member website is very clear about ticket purchasing:

•Specially priced tickets MUST be purchased in ADVANCE .
•DVC Members may purchase discounted tickets for themselves and up to five (5) Guests.
•Disney Vacation Club Members may purchase tickets via Member Services by calling 800-******** or online.
•All Discounted tickets will be set up for Will-Call. A valid Disney Vacation Club Member ID must be shown at the time of ticket pick-up.

I can understand waiting to buy them the day before to make sure the weather will be nice, in fact, I will do the same. But I will call MS to buy them, as per the member site.

So, you are responsible of the fact that you were not able to get tickets, don't blame the CM of Downtown Disney..
marie1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #11
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Thanks for posting OP. The info might come in handy someday.
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #12
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You mention that you look at several website except for the most important one, the Member website.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #13
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

DVC discounted tickets are not unlimited, they may run out of the DVC allotment well before the day prior to the party anytime.

Sounds like it worked out for you, so you should be all set going forward. Good to remind others though that you take a chance waiting to pickup discounted party tix and may find none are left. Actually, the party tix are a fixed number anyway, so even non-discounted tickets can run out.

Enjoy the party!
Old 10-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #14
cvjw
DIS Veteran

That happened to us one year. Tried to buy the DVC discounted tickets the day before the party at DHS, only to be told that we had to buy thru DVC directly. I didn't get mad at the CM that told me - it was my responsibility to plan ahead to buy the tickets. The CM at DHS could have sold me an advanced purchase ticket, it would just have been a few dollars more than the DVC price. I just called member services from the park, and purchased them over the phone. Easy solution.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: