Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #16
myramsy
Mouseketeer

We loved it. The food was great and the entertainment was awesome. My DS really enjoyed it and we are going to be making this a must do every trip.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #17
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

We think it's wonderful food and go every trip. In fact, it seems that it's turned out to be our excuse to take a trip to DD, and what a relaxing and fun time it is walking around there.
Oh... and we LOVE the Shepard's pie!

Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #18
MLinDisney
Mouseketeer

It was great we were there in September. I wrote about it in my Dining report - (Link in my signature.) Try Sod the Stew- delicious and Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding!!
MLinDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #19
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Thanks to everyone for the opinions!!! I think we might consider drinks, apps & desserts for the show!!! I think that's our best bet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
Our Ratings of Raglan Road: (7/7/2012)

NOTE: Danielle Fitzpatrick dancing and the Tuskar Rock band playing
are authentic Irish. However, the food is not. The food is unfortunately
altered versions of Irish cuisine; some any true Pub would not offer.
Bread Pudding was very tasty. The Shepard's Pie was not close to what
one might expect; the remainder of the food was tasty, but average. As
a surprise, the fish-and-chips were quite tasty and reasonably priced.
Also noted is that the room noise is too high for dining. We found the
food can be significantly improved if you do several of the whisky flights.
Thanks for the always detailed honest reviews! I just had to say, I will never order a pie of any kind, thanks to sweeny todd. If you saw this you know what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgirl View Post
I thought the same thing but my DH surprised me and took me there for Mother's Day this past May. It was WONDERFUL. We had an appetizer, a cheese dip type thing that was marvelous. Their risotto was one of the best I have ever had. They also make very yummy drinks. Give it a try!
Glad you had such a nice mother's day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLinDisney View Post
It was great we were there in September. I wrote about it in my Dining report - (Link in my signature.) Try Sod the Stew- delicious and Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding!!
I will happily check it out! Thanks!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:19 AM   #20
francie
Mouseketeer

hi, can you just stop in and sit at the bar for drinks or do you have to have dinner/lunch reservations?
francie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #21
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by francie View Post
hi, can you just stop in and sit at the bar for drinks or do you have to have dinner/lunch reservations?
You can absolutely stop in and sit at the bar for drinks. It's one of our favorite things to do! You can also order food at the bar.

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #22
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
You can absolutely stop in and sit at the bar for drinks. It's one of our favorite things to do! You can also order food at the bar.
There is also a bar rail around the general seating area that many including myself have pulled up a chair to and watched the live entertainment over a couple Harps or black and tans. They make it very easy to just sit and drink, almost too easy!
Tigger's ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #23
hooch11bear
Mouseketeer

We ate at RR in August our first day in DW. Our meal was delicious!! My DD and I ordered the mushroom soup!! It is to die for. She talks about it all the time. My DH and I both ordered the special that day, which was broiled scallops and potatoes. Boy were we glad we ordered that! It was a great way to start out the trip. We finished off our meal by sharing the bread pudding. I have to say that our sevice was great and our meal was excellent. Can't wait to start planning our next trip!!
hooch11bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #24
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

We ate at RR for the first time this past May. We really enjoyed our visit. The food and entertainment were both great! Our table was in a side room so we didn't have a direct view of the main show but some perfomers did come into the room and dance for us. I appreciated that.

We started with the Dalkey Duo. For mains, DH went with the Pork Supreme and I went with the Serious Steak. For dessert we shared the Dunbrody Kiss and the Bailey's Brulee Tart....we both preferred the Dunbrody Kiss over the tart.

All in all it was a great time and a great meal!! Enjoy!!

wdwpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #25
francie
Mouseketeer

thanks for the info!
francie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #26
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

We just ate there on Oct 1 and enjoyed it. Our ADR was for 6:30 but we didn't get seated until 7:15 and we were seated in the back corner by the bar, so no view of the show. I did leave the table and go watch the dancer for awhile and enjoyed her. We also really liked the band.

My husband had the Pork Supreme which was diving. I had the Nom Nom wings which were very good and a Chicken Caesar salad which was also great. Our server was not so great, but we still really enjoyed the food. I was very upset they removed the Creme Brulee tart though, so we didn't get any dessert. The menu on their website is not up to date.
princesspiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #27
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

we went in august for dinner. we were seated past the bar actually in the corner so no direct view of the stage, however, they brought a small floor to our area and the dancers danced right there in front of our table having the kids in our area join them. it was crowded and our server was on top of her game so no complaints there. after dinner we stopped and watched the stage show. the people sitting away from the stage but with what would be considered a view of the stage had a lot of people waiting for tables who walked in to see the performers often blocking their view or standing right up against them while they were trying to eat (i wouldn't like that personally). I thought the food only so-so. the steak was fatty and kind of bland. we had the sampler for the table as a shared appetizer and on our night it was very greasy and way over salted imo. my sister is a salt monster (the type who heavily salts things like pepperoni pizza) and even she thought it over salted. we left hungry and ended up splitting a sandwich a little while later. with that said...food quality, like any other aspect of a restaurant, can vary night to night and with so many people liking the place and the other aspects of our evening good i could see giving it another try.
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #28
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

We had dinner at Raglan Road last week. We love it!!!
The restaurant is beautiful, the service is warm and friendly, the food is diverse and delicious, and the entertainment is wonderful.
To OP: It is not a "show" per se, but intermittent music and dancing during the night. It is designed to be an adjunct to a wonderful dinner, not a show you come to see. If the menu doesn't appeal to you, it may not be your best stop.
However, everyone is welcome to sit at the bar, order drinks and appetizers and enjoy the entertainment as well.
Enjoy.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #29
plutolovr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
NOTE: Danielle Fitzpatrick dancing and the Tuskar Rock band playing
are authentic Irish. However, the food is not. The food is unfortunately
altered versions of Irish cuisine; some any true Pub would not offer.
Bread Pudding was very tasty. The Shepard's Pie was not close to what
one might expect; the remainder of the food was tasty, but average. As
a surprise, the fish-and-chips were quite tasty and reasonably priced.
Also noted is that the room noise is too high for dining. We found the
food can be significantly improved if you do several of the whisky flights.
Not sure when the last time you were here was, but Tuskar Rock hasn't been the band here for at least 2 years and there are more dancer than just Danielle and they're all outstanding. The band is now Creel, although Johnny from Tuskar Rock does perform on Sunday nights.

The menu has undergone some changes over the past year and it's still one of the places that we go to every time and I visit Disney 4 or 5 times a year. The food is always good and the atmosphere is just plain fun.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #30
Celidh
DIS Veteran

We were there for the first time a few weeks ago and enjoyed it very much. As someone else said, it is not so much a "show" as intermittent dancing acts.

We were seated toward the back in the "library" I think it was called. We could see part of the stage but the performers did do a little dance right beside our table. I really liked the area we were in because it wasn't as noisy and crowded as near the stage and we could see outside to people watch as well. I don't think I would have liked it as much to be up front to see the performance because it would have been too noisy to have a conversation.

We liked our food. My partner ordered the mighty mixed grill; a platter with lamb, blood pudding and steak. It came with fries that had cheese and something on it. (my memory is horrible sometimes ) but the fries were really nice. I had Kevin's heavenly ham. We both enjoyed them. For dessert my partner had the bread pudding and it was to die for!!! I had the strawberry and apple crumble and although it was very good, I would have preferred the apples to be cooked more.

We also got a sampler with 4 five oz beers.

We wanted to go back but never had time. I would suggest it but as I said, if noise and crowds are an issue, you may want to sit further back.

Also, we had an awesome server.

Celidh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: