Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
JSClemsonFan
Mouseketeer

FL Resident Rate - need a little help

Hello, all. There is a large group going on the Dream under the FL Resident Rate. Another family would like to join us. The rate was available last night but this morning when they went to book...sold out. I know some people hold their reservations until midnight so we are going to check at midnight to see if something opens up. Any other suggestions about adding them??? We are newbies really at this so I'd love experience from someone who may know. Thanks!
JSClemsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
neg58
DIS Veteran

They often come and go during the day, or tomorrow it might be another class of cabins, like instead of 9A they might offer 9B - usually not a big deal. You might also try using a travel agent or calling reservations as the computer is often a little slower than a live person.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
JSClemsonFan
Mouseketeer

Thanks! We did try the Disney number and they said the same thing.

Does anyone know if it will be released right at midnight or will there be lapse time???
JSClemsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #4
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSClemsonFan View Post
Thanks! We did try the Disney number and they said the same thing.

Does anyone know if it will be released right at midnight or will there be lapse time???
When I was looking to book in Dec., I checked one time on a Friday and there was nothing, and I just checked a few hours later and it was back up. I don't think there is a magic time, although most FLR rates are posted on Mondays.

You said you have a big group - is there a chance if it doesn't open up again that you could add these folks to another room? I know they say you can't make any changes but I think they have allowed additions in the past. At least they would be on the boat!

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #5
kcashner
DIS Veteran

My understanding is that cabins that are being held for payment and are not paid are released at 12:01 am.

If DCL is choosing to release another block of cabins, that can happen at any time.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: