Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 12:43 AM   #46
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisNorth View Post
I got my photopass photos in! So just working on loading them in photobucket so I promise an update soon! Sorry for keeping you waiting!
I can't wait!!!!!

I am so excited for you!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:28 AM   #47
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Stopping by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

D~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #48
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I can't wait!!!!!

I am so excited for you!

Thanks! I might have had an update lastnight but Dis was not co-operating. Oh, well, I was up way too late anyways, guess it was telling me to go to bed! Hopfuly one tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Stopping by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

D~
Thanks D! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. I should pop over to your PTR, I'm behind!
Old 11-22-2012, 10:21 AM   #49
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Hi I'm from Canada too, but we haven't got much snow yet, nothing like that picture you took! I think it is so awesome when people do solo trips - I wouldn't be able to do it, I get scared being alone lol I look forward to reading the rest

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 11-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #50
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Hi I'm from Canada too, but we haven't got much snow yet, nothing like that picture you took! I think it is so awesome when people do solo trips - I wouldn't be able to do it, I get scared being alone lol I look forward to reading the rest
Glad to have a fellow Canadian pop in! I'm from the NWT, so we always get snow early!

The first time I traveled by myself was to Mexico. A friend was suppose to come with me but in the end pulled out of the trip. My department’s ‘boss’ told me to go anyways and gave me lots of tips from when he was in Mexico, so I went! I know it's not for everyone but my philosophy is you can't let the fact that no one else can/want to come keep you from doing it. Sometimes I miss out on sharing things with people but I take pictures and send them to them so they see what they are missing out on! And you are never really alone, especialy at Disney! I'm usualy not an outgoing person but found it really easy to talke to CMs and I got into Characters way more than I expected. Orignaly in my plans I was going to do the Villians at MNSSHP and a character meal and that was it for Characters but as you can see I couldn't help myself, I kept getting in Character lines!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #51
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Tried to get up early to make it to park opening but didn't make it. Wasn't too late though, 9:30ish.
Today was Epcot!

Poor Stich was hanging out by himself.

First was Spaceship earth. Next headed over to mission space, tried the green team first, it was a little tame so tried orange, both were walk-ins. The world showcase was open so started in Canada-my home and native land. Watched the movie which was kind of interesting since I'm always interested in how we portray ourselves to the world.

Wandered around to France, Marie was out

Checked in for my noon ADR at chef de France. Food was wonderful. Remy came out towards the end of my meal but didn't make it to my table.

When I was leaving the restaurant the beast was coming out so I got a picture. There was no passport photographer, which was a little disappointing.

The Japanese Drummers were out as I was going by Japan- I love the drum so that was a treat.

I picked a pearl and ended up with a huge 8 1/4. Didn't set it as I couldn't decide on one.

Next in America there was a parade with the little ones going on. I went inside to wait a couple of mins for the voices of liberty- so beautiful.

Wandered through Italy and Germany then caught the China film. Then in Norway I got a pastry snack- which a squirrel was hoping I would drop.

I then took a Viking board ride, which I thought was a nice little ride.

Next was Mexico, the inside was super cool and I road the ride. That was the end of world showcase.

Went to visit figment next and then living with the land. Soaring’s line was way too long.
Bell was hanging out in her Yellow dress. Again, no photopass photographer.

I had to get over to international gateway to catch the boat to the Swan Resort for supper. Stopped in at the Canada store to look for Canada ears but they didn't have any!! Sad.

As I past uk and a voice called out- "that's a D bag!" Yes, my bag is famous!
Old 11-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #52
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Oh my gosh!! I am happy I saw these. Your pics are great and the ones with you and Belle are absolutely adorable, SO SORRY they didn't have a photopass photog though. The children and I were just reading this together and we didn't realize you had done the pick a pearl! AND gotten a whopper!! I want to do it the next time we go with the girls, they loved it.

I know what happens next....
Old 11-24-2012, 02:44 AM   #53
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh my gosh!! I am happy I saw these. Your pics are great and the ones with you and Belle are absolutely adorable, SO SORRY they didn't have a photopass photog though. The children and I were just reading this together and we didn't realize you had done the pick a pearl! AND gotten a whopper!! I want to do it the next time we go with the girls, they loved it.

I know what happens next....
Hi Judy! I love Belle, so I was super excited to see her, especially in the Yellow dress. I wasn't expecting that, she was kind of just hanging out and I stumbled upon her. I was overall kind of disappointed in the number of photopass photographers in Epcot . Pick a pearl was super neat, but it was kind of busy (I guess because they can only do one at a time). I was pleasantly surprised at the size, I have it in a little baggy and been browsing ebay for cages but not sure what I should do with it. Have the girls done anything with theirs?

mmmmm, I wonder what is next? Oh, may I post the photos you sent me? As my camera, who wasn't working well to begin with, decided to completely give out on me that night

Last edited by DisNorth; 12-10-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:35 AM   #54
blessedmom4

Quote:
Hi Judy! I love Belle, so I was super excited to see her, especially in the Yellow dress. I wasn't expecting that, she was kind of just hanging out and I stumbled upon her. I was overall kind of disappointed in the number of photopass photographers in Epcot . Pick a pearl was super neat, but it was kind of busy (I guess because they can only do one at a time). I was pleasantly surprised at the size, I have it in a little baggy and been browsing ebay for cages but not sure what I should do with it. Have the girls done anything with theirs?

mmmmm, I wonder what is next? Oh, may I post the photos you sent me? As my camera, who wasn't working well to begin with, decided to completely give out on me that night
I know Belle is a fave of yours, just like Lisa I wish you could be here Friday night, she is singing Beauty and the Best in her sweet little voice! I hope my tape turns out so you can see it. Of course you may use the pics...just crop me from the chest up . Did I send them all to you? I knew your camera was misbehaving that night! The girls have NOT had theirs set, they are so pretty though and it was a hot mess around the area, it was SO crowded. I have to run, I am so late, I just wanted to say HI since I owe you an email!! HOPEFULLY tonight!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #55
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know Belle is a fave of yours, just like Lisa I wish you could be here Friday night, she is singing Beauty and the Best in her sweet little voice! I hope my tape turns out so you can see it. Of course you may use the pics...just crop me from the chest up . Did I send them all to you? I knew your camera was misbehaving that night! The girls have NOT had theirs set, they are so pretty though and it was a hot mess around the area, it was SO crowded. I have to run, I am so late, I just wanted to say HI since I owe you an email!! HOPEFULLY tonight!
I'd love to hear Lisa sing beauty and the beast! Love the song! If you get a video send it to me, please! I've been reading all the reviews about the new Bella theam things at fantasyland - defently need a trip back to see it!!!

You know, Judy, you didn't send me a photo with you, I remeber posing for a photo with you, though!

It's been a crazy week. I wish it was friday but I'm not done everything I need to do for friday so it's probably a good thing it isn't

I will do the next TR update this weekend. I am really slow at this! Good thing the trip isn't any longer, it would take me all year to do my TR!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #56
blessedmom4

Quote:
I'd love to hear Lisa sing beauty and the beast! Love the song! If you get a video send it to me, please! I've been reading all the reviews about the new Bella theam things at fantasyland - defently need a trip back to see it!!!
I sent you a link. She will sing for you in person, so much easier to hear her gorgeous voice. I need a trip to see FL for all of the B&B stuff...Lisa will love it.
You know, Judy, you didn't send me a photo with you, I remeber posing for a photo with you, though!
Oh GOOD, now you don't have to crop me! I will look and see what I have and send them to you.
It's been a crazy week. I wish it was friday but I'm not done everything I need to do for friday so it's probably a good thing it isn't
I hope the weekend has been a bit calmer than the week!
I will do the next TR update this weekend. I am really slow at this! Good thing the trip isn't any longer, it would take me all year to do my TR!
It can take a while to get a TR written when life keeps moving forward. Have a great Monday!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #57
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Short update to finish off the day. I left off traveling over to the Swan Resort for a DisMeet! It took longer to make it over to the swan then I was expecting and there was a boat holdup at the dock but I made it. Judy and her lovely family were waiting.
We were seated quickly and the restaurant was not very busy. The food was so-so but the company was super fun! Judy’s children had me laughing all night!
We also got to meet two characters.
Goofy:

Pluto:

After dinner we had to take a photo in the resort near the fountain. It is a very pretty resort.

We also took a photo of me and Judy, but I think Judy is holding it hostage until I'm done my TR
Old 12-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #58
blessedmom4

LOVE the update; however, I will be honest, I didn't realize you didn't have all of the pics... Here are a few more...

Tracy was so kind and generous to us, dinner food wasn't THE best, but the company more than made up for it and my guys thought is was to die for...and I sure ate a lot! It was strange to only have two characters...but they kept coming by over and over and my children kept loving on them...well, the girls did. And I LOVED the empty feel of the restaurant. Most of all I loved Tracy, it was truly one of the easiest DIS meets I had ever had, she reminded us all of Pete's sister, Susan. After dinner we drove her back to her resort, Art of Animation and really enjoyed seeing the magic of a Disney resort...even from the outside! I was so sorry to see Tracy leave...and a little happy too...they had me laughing so hard my sides were aching! The children were relaxed with her and just cracking jokes...I loved it! And we LOVE you Tracy! We hope we get to see you again soon!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #59
DisNorth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOVE the update; however, I will be honest, I didn't realize you didn't have all of the pics... Here are a few more...

Thanks Judy! I knew if I gave you a hard time I'd get the picture of the both of us sooner or latter.
I had so much fun, it was great to have such fun company for a night to break up my solo trip. Glad the guys liked the food, and I know we took advantage of it being a buffet to find the things that were good!

You reminded me of a part I don't think I mentioned yet!
SO I did switch resorts and after dinner I checked into Art of Animation. I was so excited about staying in the new resort, but they only had the two nights available that is why I did a split stay. It was super easy. When I checked in they said my bags would be brought to my room and they showed up not too long later.

The View from my room:
Old 12-24-2012, 04:40 AM   #60
blessedmom4

I hope your flight was smooth and your sister's house was already cleaned! Just wanted to say:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: