Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

sun during ride/show

Have looked at Sue's sticky, but either I'm not looking well enough or not in there what I'm looking for.

Mainpoint; I'm wondering about which rides/shows etc. at each of the parks have any sunlight or risk of during them? For instance like I know about the cruise what's-it-called again attraction at MK where you might run the risk of sun depending on where it's at in the sky and where the canopy of the boat is.

OK, those interested in the boring long reason why; here comes. Unfortunately I had a stroke this weekend. Thankfully am doing great considering it all. During it I hit my head and had to have it sutured up. Because of my syndrome, I heal very poorly. Normally one of the many treatmentparts is to immobilize the afflicted area to improve odds of healing. Unfortunately not an option with your head. Sunlight as we all know does not make for nice scars, but for me it also has a negative influence on the base healing. So, stay away from it. The location is a bit unlucky being at my cheek where wearing a hat gets me nowhere. Could use an umbrella but have found that not an option for anything but a short period of time because of the weakness still left by stroke. So I'm just kinda keeping my hand blocking the sun out as thick bandages also are not that compatable with my skin healing. Doing that while moving from one place to another is hard enough work with the halfsides weakness, so not an option during rides and shows. Let alone those where I would normally already use a hand to hold on.

Tried going to Magic Kingdom today, but it's still a bit too much and too early. However, since I've got at least almost 2 weeks left I'm expecting/hoping to get some parktime in later on this trip. So looking for any experience, tips, tricks, be carefulls.
Does it really work that way? Doors closing, windows opening, can you really allways count on that? I'll just continue to wish, hope and pray to make sure. Knock on wood, one, twice and trice. Still can't believe it, I really get to visit Mickey again..........

Always keep wishing, dreaming and hoping.

goofieslonglostsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
bedogged
Choose parents that aged well

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofieslonglostsis View Post
Have looked at Sue's sticky, but either I'm not looking well enough or not in there what I'm looking for.

Mainpoint; I'm wondering about which rides/shows etc. at each of the parks have any sunlight or risk of during them? For instance like I know about the cruise what's-it-called again attraction at MK where you might run the risk of sun depending on where it's at in the sky and where the canopy of the boat is.

OK, those interested in the boring long reason why; here comes. Unfortunately I had a stroke this weekend. Thankfully am doing great considering it all. During it I hit my head and had to have it sutured up. Because of my syndrome, I heal very poorly. Normally one of the many treatmentparts is to immobilize the afflicted area to improve odds of healing. Unfortunately not an option with your head. Sunlight as we all know does not make for nice scars, but for me it also has a negative influence on the base healing. So, stay away from it. The location is a bit unlucky being at my cheek where wearing a hat gets me nowhere. Could use an umbrella but have found that not an option for anything but a short period of time because of the weakness still left by stroke. So I'm just kinda keeping my hand blocking the sun out as thick bandages also are not that compatable with my skin healing. Doing that while moving from one place to another is hard enough work with the halfsides weakness, so not an option during rides and shows. Let alone those where I would normally already use a hand to hold on.

Tried going to Magic Kingdom today, but it's still a bit too much and too early. However, since I've got at least almost 2 weeks left I'm expecting/hoping to get some parktime in later on this trip. So looking for any experience, tips, tricks, be carefulls.
Sorry for your recent health problems! Whatever you do, don't do Kali River Rapids in AK. I had a very bad experience there with the sun in May. Of course, the line was really long and they didn't have the fast pass line really separated from the regular line so it took a long time. I didn't tolerate the sun very well.

If you are talking about the Jungle Cruise, I wouldn't think you would have a problem. The line is covered and the ride itself is pretty well shaded with dense foliage.
bedogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your reply. I'll keep it in mind!
Does it really work that way? Doors closing, windows opening, can you really allways count on that? I'll just continue to wish, hope and pray to make sure. Knock on wood, one, twice and trice. Still can't believe it, I really get to visit Mickey again..........

Always keep wishing, dreaming and hoping.

goofieslonglostsis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: