Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #1
CourtasanSatine
I'm partial to the 4th seaters
Has a crush on James Marsden
I'm a Trendy in a Preppy family

Chicago Fire

Anyone else watching? My inner Chase fangirl was very happy to see him again after House.

Come and get me boys: Satine

"For Justice!" "For Kibbles!"

"Or maybe its the plumbing!"

CourtasanSatine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
clm10308
DIS Veteran

I did not get to watch it yet as my DVR recorded Law and Order SUV instead. I am planning to watch it online this sometime this weekend. I am hoping that the first episode is as good as the previews look.
clm10308 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
marybet
I'm from Ohio, I just live in Alabama.
Had a crush on Dr. Kildare!

We didn't even finish watching the first episode. Too many characters, dialogue hard to follow, some of it made no sense and when the tired plotline of having the head of the different squads fighting with each other........well we just turned it off.
marybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
Jedana
Have to learn to budget somehow. Want the latest video game? Save up. Want a new Beyblade? save up. Want a new Dooney and Burke? Grab the credit card out of DH's wallet...

A small spoiler incoming.................

DH and I hated it.

here were sooo many procedural mistakes--now, we don't expect them to be chapter and verse on how to remove a car accident victim from a car....but picking the little girl up and holding her in their arms? A 14 year veteran going in without checking to see if the vent was done first?

We said if we had a drinking game going (like we did watching ER and Chicago Hope, etc)--taking a shot everytime there was a procedural error, we'd have been blotto by the halfway point. Maybe we will continue to watch it.....
Jedana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #5
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

I watched...........will give it another week or two.
Not too compelling..............too many characters and not anything new. It's been done over and over.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
Breezy_Carol
Who needs doors when you can use windows
Bugged by ticks
I had a dog that ate wood screws once

I agree with most everyone else. I watched because I liked the premise but there were so many characters. And I agree a lot of procedural errors. And something about it just had me losing interest.

Breezy_Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
sms
DIS Veteran

I liked it!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #8
funkychunkymonkey
DIS Veteran

Im with SMS! I dont watch for procedure (its fiction!) but for content! kinda reminds me of Third Watch (another fav of mine, with TONS of mistakes).
RIP:
guiedo (guiena pig) bluebeard
funkychunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I enjoyed it. I'm a nurse and if I stopped watching every show that made medical errors, I wouldn't watch much TV! I just ignore it, and occasionally turn to DH and say, "No, you don't really do it that way." I only started watching mostly (okay, entirely) because of Jesse Spencer because I didn't know what to do without my weekly Dr. Chase fix once House ended. I have to say, he is slightly less hot without the accent. But I will probably keep watching. It's definitely not as edgy or funny as Rescue Me was, but it seems interesting so far.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #10
Suzanne033
Nobody on their deathbed ever wishes they spent more time at the office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedana View Post
DH and I hated it.

here were sooo many procedural mistakes--now, we don't expect them to be chapter and verse on how to remove a car accident victim from a car....but picking the little girl up and holding her in their arms? A 14 year veteran going in without checking to see if the vent was done first?

We said if we had a drinking game going (like we did watching ER and Chicago Hope, etc)--taking a shot everytime there was a procedural error, we'd have been blotto by the halfway point. Maybe we will continue to watch it.....
That's hilarious!! I thought I was the only one that couldn't watch shows because of my husband. He was a Major Crimes detective and a Forensic Investigator. I can't watch any of the police dramas, which I love, like CSI and Law & Order. Every two seconds he would object to some procedure or piece of equipment they were using.

I did watch the first episode of "Chicago Fire" and loved it. I especially loved Taylor Kinney. I have since he was Uncle Mason on "The Vampire Diaries". While I question his real-life choice of girlfriends, he is a complete hottie!!!!
6/1986 - Off-Site; 11/1997 - Polynesian; 12/2001 - All Star Sports; 12/2004 - Beach Club/Disney Wonder; 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 - AAU Volleyball Nationals @ WWoS; 12/2013 - Mom Panel Training - Boardwalk; 7/2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; 12/2014 - Grand Floridian

MouseQuest Podcast - The MQ is your HQ for all things Disney
Suzanne033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #11
CourtasanSatine
I'm partial to the 4th seaters
Has a crush on James Marsden
I'm a Trendy in a Preppy family

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I enjoyed it. I'm a nurse and if I stopped watching every show that made medical errors, I wouldn't watch much TV! I just ignore it, and occasionally turn to DH and say, "No, you don't really do it that way." I only started watching mostly (okay, entirely) because of Jesse Spencer because I didn't know what to do without my weekly Dr. Chase fix once House ended. I have to say, he is slightly less hot without the accent. But I will probably keep watching. It's definitely not as edgy or funny as Rescue Me was, but it seems interesting so far.
Also in for the eye candy that is Jesse Spencer!

Come and get me boys: Satine

"For Justice!" "For Kibbles!"

"Or maybe its the plumbing!"

CourtasanSatine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #12
violetrose
DIS Veteran

I watched, hoping for something similar to Rescue Me. I was very disappointed. Doubt I'll watch again.

violetrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: