DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
Legomom
Earning My Ears

Thanksgiving Trip Questions

So I got really lucky and made a reservation yesterday for Thanksgiving.. yeah in like 40 days! I have no idea how I got that lucky, but what I got was 2 nights at SSR in a studio and 2 nights at SSR in a 1 bedroom. I was willing to take what every I could get and am so excited.
This is our first time being in WDW for a holiday. I have never seen the Osborne Lights or the castle all covered in lights. I am beyond excited...

So my questions are... Can I get a dining plan for 4 days? Not sure how that works. even tho we are there 4 nights and '5' days we are driving and will leave on Sunday morning at like 3 or 4 am. so we dont need a dining plan for that day.

Do I need to call MS and link my reservations? Will they know? WIll they move my bags from one room to another? Im worried about park tickets, on the keys and stuff like that.

We have old keys with non expiring tickets on them.. will they transfer those to the new keys? and then again to more new keys?

Oh Im so confused.

I know the good people here will calm all my fears...
Legomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

You need to call MS and add the DDP and pay for it a few days before your trip. You can have it for 2 nights or 4 nights because you are changing room types.

If it were me, I would get the Deluxe DDP for the first 2 nights and use some of the credits for the third day and night.

You can have your admission tickets transfered at the resort. We don't bother to put our tickets on our room keys for just that reason.

Bell Services will move you and store your luggage for Tips.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
Legomom
Earning My Ears

I need to ask another question and get some clarification.

I like the idea of adding the deluxe DDP for the 2 nights. I have ADR's at Garden Grill for the candlelight processional show and one for Yak & Yeti for Thanksgiving day. I'm planning on at least one more character meal if I can get it. I have booked SSR on Points, I already have tix so I am not planning on buying anymore.

Is this a package? or Room only? Can I add a dining plan? Or do I have to buy new tickets?

I have read through many other posts but I don't think i quite get it. This will be our first time ever having the dining plan in any fashion and i think it could be a good deal if we do several of these big type TS meals.

Also. my understanding is that I have a 2 night ressie, check in wed and out fri, so i would have 6 meals and 4 snacks for each of us and they need to be used by Midnight Friday night?

thanks for any insight!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

With DVC the DDP and tickets have nothing to do with each other, it isn't a package so I would consider it room only.

You have a 2 night reservation and the credits expire at midnight of your check out day.

The deluxe plan includes the appetizer so for a very short stay, it was the best deal in town in 2012. For 2013, Disney really raised the price so you should figure your cost savings before buying it again.

You can call MS to add the DDP or you can add it via the member website.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #5
Legomom
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all your good information, so all this stuff i read about no DDP can be added to a room only reservation is for cash rooms?

I think its a good deal, im going to do that...

So what are my odds of getting into Chef Mickeys if I just show up and wait? There isn't a reservation to be had from Nov 21 to 24... Ive never eaten there and I really really want to.

thanks!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #6
xstitches
Mouseketeer

Your talking about a very busy time but if you go early and do not mind waiting you have a chance of getting in. You can also call every day to see if something else opens up. Some people make more than one reservation for the same time, as it gets closer they cancel one of them.
Good luck, have fun. I have always wanted to go at that time of year, but my parents refuse and they are older so my girls and I spend it with them.
xstitches is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: