Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #121
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

Love your pics! I always hear so many wonderful things about that pool. One day we will make it over there.
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
leshunlenese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #122
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I think we all feel that way, the night before a race.
Great pictures of the Beach Club area. It is one of my favorite places to stay. You wouldn't have liked the Boardwalk, they have one elevator and you walk for miles and miles to get to your room-(seems that way).
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #123
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

It sounds like everything really worked out and you guys had a great evening! I'm so glad you were able to log some time in SAB, and the pirate slide looks perfect for little boys. I'm sure Everett wouldn't have wanted to leave that area also!

I also really liked having the daybed when we were at the contemporary, it is perfect for little kids!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #124
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Amanada. That pool and little slide look just Reid's size and you can see how excited he is and how much fun he is having. Your pictures around the Beach Club and over at the Boardwalk are beautiful.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #125
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

LOVE the slide pictures. Too cute! Reid just looks like he's having a blast!

Your pictures aren't mediocre, they're great! The sky was gorgeous that night!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #126
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
Love your pics! I always hear so many wonderful things about that pool. One day we will make it over there.
Thank you! It's definitely a nice pool area. I can see where older kids would really love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
I think we all feel that way, the night before a race.
This was the first (and only) race I've ever done. I literally wanted to cry when I was setting that alarm clock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Great pictures of the Beach Club area. It is one of my favorite places to stay. You wouldn't have liked the Boardwalk, they have one elevator and you walk for miles and miles to get to your room-(seems that way).
Thank you! The area can't be beat - it's really nice!

Hmmm....Boardwalk sounds like Beach Club. The one set of elevators & walking forever to your room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
It sounds like everything really worked out and you guys had a great evening! I'm so glad you were able to log some time in SAB, and the pirate slide looks perfect for little boys. I'm sure Everett wouldn't have wanted to leave that area also!
Considering how most of that day had gone, the night really ended nicely. That little slide ended in the perfect height of water & it was a really small pool area so that was nice too. Not hard to keep track of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I also really liked having the daybed when we were at the contemporary, it is perfect for little kids!
I was so happy when I found out we had a daybed in our room since I had read that not all the BC rooms have them. Reid thought it was so cool! And it is perfect for little ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Amanada. That pool and little slide look just Reid's size and you can see how excited he is and how much fun he is having. Your pictures around the Beach Club and over at the Boardwalk are beautiful.
Thank you!!

He really had so much fun just doing that little slide for an hour or so that night. He still talks about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
LOVE the slide pictures. Too cute! Reid just looks like he's having a blast!
Thank you! He had so much fun on that slide. It was just him and Ed in there up until we were leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Your pictures aren't mediocre, they're great! The sky was gorgeous that night!
Thank you! I just feel like I was off in my picture-taking this year.

The night really ended so nicely compared to the weather we had had just a few hours earlier.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #127
fi46re129
Mouseketeer

Somehow I missed an update..

Mr huffy puffy! I would have had to leave the line too! I find it strange for as organized as Disney usually is that they don't have your hoppers attached the room key before arrival...

Glad to read a little review on ESPN zone we have contemplated stopping there a few times at least now I know it is not worth going out of the way for... especially when they bring out desserts with the meal for kids! That's just crazy!

I have never stayed at BC but we always end up spending time there every trip and I can't wait to stay there.. if only for SAB! Reid is adorable dancing on the slide!! It looks like he really enjoyed himself!

1995 ASSR, 1998 ASSR, 2002 Off Property, 2003 CR, 2008 Music, 2010 CS, 2010 Music, 2011 CBR, 2013 ASSR & POFQ
fi46re129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #128
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Amanda I love your pictures...they are far from mediocre! I really like the look of the clouds over the boardwalk, so pretty. It is moments like Reid just loving life on that slide that make the vacations all worth it. He looks so happy!
Old 10-23-2012, 12:19 AM   #129
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Those pictures are WAY better than mediocre. You got some really amazing shots! I am so excited to try to get BCV for our next trip now! It looks so gorgeous, and I love that there's a little slide where parents can catch. Maddie gets a little intimidated by having to swim alone at the bottom of the big slides.

I can't wait to hear how race day went! I think it's awesome that you did it!
shan23877 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #130
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Amanda I love your pictures...they are far from mediocre! I really like the look of the clouds over the boardwalk, so pretty. It is moments like Reid just loving life on that slide that make the vacations all worth it. He looks so happy!
Agreed

amanda those pics are fantastic!!! And about Reid and the daybed...DS11 slept in the sleeper at Kidani when he could've used the sofa because it was nice sized for him

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #131
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Those are some really good pictures of Reid playing at the pool. He looks like he's having a blast. I kind of feel sorry for Ed though having to camp out at the bottom of the slide catching him over and over again though.

I guess it was a short night for you, but I hope it will be worth the early wake up on vacation. I'm looking forward to finding out about the race.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #132
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

How fun to have some pool time! That is one of the best pools too!

It is so hard to get to bed early while on vacation, but it sounds like you did a pretty good job

Can't wait to hear how the race went!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #133
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Oh my gosh. That is such a cute picture of Reid looking through the wheel on the waterslide. He is having the time of his life!

Beautiful Boardwalk pictures. We loved that resort. Epcot is my favorite park so it was a great place to be at.

Target...you can never go too many times in a week. I found some super deals yesterday, but no Disney Christmas items yet.
OneTreeHillAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #134
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi46re129 View Post
Somehow I missed an update..
No worries! I know how hard it can be to keep on here.

Quote:
Mr huffy puffy! I would have had to leave the line too! I find it strange for as organized as Disney usually is that they don't have your hoppers attached the room key before arrival...
That man was really on my already frazzled nerves. I figured walking away was best for both of us.

I was really stunned by some of the lack of organization by Disney when it came to some of the race stuff.

Quote:
Glad to read a little review on ESPN zone we have contemplated stopping there a few times at least now I know it is not worth going out of the way for... especially when they bring out desserts with the meal for kids! That's just crazy!
I was really shocked that they brought a child their dessert with dinner!
The food is fine if you don't have an ADR anywhere else & just need somewhere to eat. Or if there's a sporting event you'd really like to watch.

Quote:
I have never stayed at BC but we always end up spending time there every trip and I can't wait to stay there.. if only for SAB! Reid is adorable dancing on the slide!! It looks like he really enjoyed himself!
Thank you! He really had a lot of fun on that one slide. I'd say staying at BC or YC is a must for any family that really values pool time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Thank you. I just don't feel like my pictures were as good this year. Those clouds were so pretty....I had to have a picture of them. Reid had such a great time on that slide. I was really glad we were able to get a little pool time that night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Those pictures are WAY better than mediocre. You got some really amazing shots! I am so excited to try to get BCV for our next trip now! It looks so gorgeous, and I love that there's a little slide where parents can catch. Maddie gets a little intimidated by having to swim alone at the bottom of the big slides.
You're so sweet! I just feel like my pictures weren't too pretty this year. Yeah, Reid definitely won't do big slides alone. And even though he knows how to blow bubbles out of his nose when going under water, he hates to go under at the end of the slides. So this slide really was perfect for him. And they had it to themselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I can't wait to hear how race day went! I think it's awesome that you did it!
Thank you! I'll have race updates in a few days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Agreed

amanda those pics are fantastic!!! And about Reid and the daybed...DS11 slept in the sleeper at Kidani when he could've used the sofa because it was nice sized for him
Thank you! Y'all are too kind. It was funny that something so simple made him so excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Those are some really good pictures of Reid playing at the pool. He looks like he's having a blast. I kind of feel sorry for Ed though having to camp out at the bottom of the slide catching him over and over again though.
Thanks! He had so much fun that night! Don't feel bad for Ed - he had fun, too! He may have gone down that little slide a few times himself. And standing at the bottom of a pool slide catching him is easier than running around a larger area to keep up with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I guess it was a short night for you, but I hope it will be worth the early wake up on vacation. I'm looking forward to finding out about the race.
I should have race day updates in the next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
How fun to have some pool time! That is one of the best pools too!
It is a really nice pool area....even if Reid stayed in just one little spot.

Quote:
It is so hard to get to bed early while on vacation, but it sounds like you did a pretty good job
I don't know if it was due to me being sick prior to vacation or what but I really had no trouble calling it quits early most nights of this vacation. And that is very odd for me.

Quote:
Can't wait to hear how the race went!
It'll be up in just a few days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Oh my gosh. That is such a cute picture of Reid looking through the wheel on the waterslide. He is having the time of his life!
Thank you! He really had a great time between that slide & the wheel. He would get out of the pool every now & then to go steer "his ship".

Quote:
Beautiful Boardwalk pictures. We loved that resort. Epcot is my favorite park so it was a great place to be at.
Thank you! I really think Boardwalk is going to be a top contender for our 2014 trip.

Quote:
Target...you can never go too many times in a week. I found some super deals yesterday, but no Disney Christmas items yet.
You are so right! I've already gone yesterday & today for this week. Yeah, I didn't see any Disney Christmas stuff yet either. I found a super cute Mickey Halloween shirt & a Mickey jacket but they didn't have Reid's size in either.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #135
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post

Thank you! Y'all are too kind. It was funny that something so simple made him so excited.
That's what is SO cool about being young! And you know stuff like that is what the kiddos remember

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: