Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #46
shan23877
I make lists about my lists
 
shan23877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,251

Love Reid's PJs!! So cute.

I am so sorry that you lost your favorite shirt. That really stinks. I always travel with my favorite Cubs sweatshirt, and I'd be heart broken if I left it. A good excuse to shop for a new one (or two) though.

What a nice toll booth operator!

Yay, Yay, Yay!!!! You're at WDW!!!! A great sign.

I think you're right-seems like it would be a better idea to give out the shirts and race bibs together. It's not like Disney to miss an opportunity to do things right though, so maybe they have their reasons.

Sorry that it was so crowded and hectic there, but at leas there was yogurt! Mads is huge yogurt nut too. Have you given Reid any Greek yogurt? I've been thinking about trying it out for Maddie, but I'm not sure she'd like it. Probably shouldn't worry about it. Her favorite is the "light" one anyway.

Can't wait to hear more Amanda!!!!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:03 AM   #47
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva
 
SoNotAPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Funny, Slorida
Posts: 1,215

Yay for getting there...I get emotional every time I see the WDW arch, too; but the tears don't usually start until I see the Castle!

I love how you can see Reid's excitement building in the photos!
__________________
SoNotAPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #48
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,963

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Unfortunately, I think I didnít do a very good job this day. I am almost certain that I somehow left my favorite LSU sweater here.
Maybe that lack of sleep caused you to overlook it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Someone was excited to be back in the car and on our way
I'm sure he wasn't the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Well, evidently that cup doesnít like carbonated drinks & started spewing Sprite everywhere. So, we quickly pulled into a hotel parking lot so I could empty out the Sprite. I found some water to put in his cup instead. The cup was much happier with that choice.
Been there, done that, won't do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
We never carry cash on us. Seriously. Not even change. But we knew we were going to need some sort of currency to get onto all the lovely Florida toll roads.
I know what you mean. I'm glad that most of them take credit cards now. I probably have enough loose change floating around in the console that I could scrape by to come up with enough, but seriously, it is 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I really felt bad for him and was close to making Ed pull over on the side of the road for the little fellow.
He's a boy, that would be sufficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
This didnít take long but I donít understand why they canít just give you a shirt when theyíre giving you your other race stuff.
Doesn't make much sense, but I guess it wouldn't be Disney if they didn't make you wait in line after line.
afwdwfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #49
disneychic33
Mouseketeer
 
disneychic33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bennington, VT
Posts: 101

I absolutely love your thread...feel like I'm getting lost in a book. I'm sorry about your sweater. Reid is absolutely adorable, he reminds me of my daughter on our first trip to WDW. Can't wait to read more.
disneychic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #50
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,021

Amanda, sorry you lost your favorite sweatshirt

OK, I LOVE the pics of Reid when you got to Disney. His smile got HUGMUNGOUS
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #51
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,279

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Amanda. I'm sorry you lost your sweater.
Thank you! I am still in mourning over my sweater. I'm using a different one that I had at home but it's just not the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Reid looks so excited in the car as you are getting closer.
He definitely was getting excited! As was I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
And I usually put on my sun glasses too when we pull up to Disney. , Although Mark loves Disney, he hasn't quite figured out the tears.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Men - they just don't understand female emotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Love that sign!
Isn't it the best?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
So nice of her to let you use their bathroom! Whew!
I was so relieved when she told us we could do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I usually have problems the first couple of nights in a different bed on vacation or wherever, but this year it was the complete opposite. The beds at BLT are amazing (more incentive for you to stay there! )
You're killing me! I have heard that Contemporary has heavenly beds. You want to know what really stinks? My sister, who likes Disney but doesn't love it like me, has booked a surprise trip for her 3 kids from Dec 30th to Jan 5th. Where are they staying? Yep, Contemporary. And I talked her into upgrading to a theme park view so they can watch the NYE fireworks since they won't be in the park that late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I'm sorry you lost your sweatshirt!
Thanks. I'm still so sad about it. It hurts to think about my lost sweatshirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Your sign pictures are so great! Reid is so cute with his little Mickey ears!
Thank you!! I think that was the only time during the trip that he wore his Mickey ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oof, WWoS sounds too hectic and just not fun. Good idea for yall to get that done right away!
Yeah, I didn't think it was fun at all. I know Ed would have liked to stay at the Expo & do some shopping for running stuff. But, that wasn't going to happen with Reid in tow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle83 View Post
Your son is ridiculously cute. I love that you had to convince him to leave for WDW
Awww....thank you!!

He loves school so much! But, I didn't think it would be that hard to get him to leave.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #52
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,279

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love Reid's PJs!! So cute.
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I am so sorry that you lost your favorite shirt. That really stinks. I always travel with my favorite Cubs sweatshirt, and I'd be heart broken if I left it. A good excuse to shop for a new one (or two) though.
Thank you. I'm truly heartbroken over losing it. I do need to go shopping for a new one next week when Reid's back in school. They have a fall break this week & I don't really enjoy shopping with a 4 year old boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
What a nice toll booth operator!
Indeed! I was so grateful for her telling us about the bathroom there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Yay, Yay, Yay!!!! You're at WDW!!!! A great sign.
Woo Hoo!! It's so exciting arriving there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I think you're right-seems like it would be a better idea to give out the shirts and race bibs together. It's not like Disney to miss an opportunity to do things right though, so maybe they have their reasons.
Right?!? I have to say, in their defense, that I've gone to one other race with Ed and it was done the same way. I just don't understand why they do it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Sorry that it was so crowded and hectic there, but at leas there was yogurt! Mads is huge yogurt nut too. Have you given Reid any Greek yogurt? I've been thinking about trying it out for Maddie, but I'm not sure she'd like it. Probably shouldn't worry about it. Her favorite is the "light" one anyway.
I was so thankful for their yogurt to tide Reid over until lunch & to make him a little happier. I haven't given Reid the Greek yogurt but Ed & I both tried it. Ed thought it wasn't too bad but I didn't care for it. I'll stick to the "Light & Fit" variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Can't wait to hear more Amanda!!!!
Thanks!! Hoping to get out at least 1 more update later this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Yay for getting there...I get emotional every time I see the WDW arch, too; but the tears don't usually start until I see the Castle!
I think I get tears at the sign because my excitement just overwhelms me. When I see the castle, I am usually trying to get pictures & find out what the family wants to do. So, I think those things keep my tears at bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post

I love how you can see Reid's excitement building in the photos!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Maybe that lack of sleep caused you to overlook it.
That's what I think must have happened because I'm normally very good about double checking our room before we leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm sure he wasn't the only one.
Maybe not.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Been there, done that, won't do it again.
Glad to know I'm not alone! I had never put anything carbonated in those cups before because Reid only gets Sprite on vacation or at restaurants that don't serve milk. I had no idea it would do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I know what you mean. I'm glad that most of them take credit cards now. I probably have enough loose change floating around in the console that I could scrape by to come up with enough, but seriously, it is 2012.
Ed & I thought the toll booths may take credit cards but we just weren't sure. I agree - it's 2012 - everywhere should take credit cards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
He's a boy, that would be sufficient.
Indeed! Much easier to that with a boy than a girl. But, I was happy to find an actual bathroom for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Doesn't make much sense, but I guess it wouldn't be Disney if they didn't make you wait in line after line.
So true! Didn't think of it that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic33 View Post
I absolutely love your thread...feel like I'm getting lost in a book. I'm sorry about your sweater. Reid is absolutely adorable, he reminds me of my daughter on our first trip to WDW. Can't wait to read more.
Thank you so much! Such a nice compliment. There's nothing better than getting lost in a good book, is there?

Thank you! He is such a ham for the camera sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Amanda, sorry you lost your favorite sweatshirt
Thank you! I kind of feel lost without it. I seriously wear that thing every day around the house. I'm always cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
OK, I LOVE the pics of Reid when you got to Disney. His smile got HUGMUNGOUS
Thank you!! He was so excited!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #53
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,279

The Miracle Sweater!


Folks.....I've had a miracle or some pixie dust or something come my way!!

Ed just called me from his office. He said, "Guess what I found?"

Me, "I don't know. What?"

Him, "Your LSU sweater."

Me, "WHAT?!? WHERE?!?"

Him, "My work backpack. In a compartment I barely use. I don't even know what I was looking for when I opened it up just now."

I am beyond excited!!!! I must have just stuffed it in there when we were leaving Tallahassee that Friday morning. I don't even know why I would do such a thing. I'm telling y'all - I was really running on fumes & excitement.

But, I'm getting my sweater tonight when he gets home. Or maybe he'll come home for lunch & I can wash it.

I can't even begin to tell y'all how happy I am. Yes, I know it's just a sweatshirt. But, it's my comfort sweatshirt.



amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #54
firecracker725
DIS Veteran
 
firecracker725's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: France
Posts: 1,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post

Folks.....I've had a miracle or some pixie dust or something come my way!!

Ed just called me from his office. He said, "Guess what I found?"

Me, "I don't know. What?"

Him, "Your LSU sweater."

Me, "WHAT?!? WHERE?!?"

Him, "My work backpack. In a compartment I barely use. I don't even know what I was looking for when I opened it up just now."

I am beyond excited!!!! I must have just stuffed it in there when we were leaving Tallahassee that Friday morning. I don't even know why I would do such a thing. I'm telling y'all - I was really running on fumes & excitement.

But, I'm getting my sweater tonight when he gets home. Or maybe he'll come home for lunch & I can wash it.

I can't even begin to tell y'all how happy I am. Yes, I know it's just a sweatshirt. But, it's my comfort sweatshirt.



YAY!

I mean, even though it's LSU, I'll be happy for you. Can't wait to play y'all! Go Dawgs!
__________________
--Crystal

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #55
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 9,963

Are you kidding me??? You write about it and it just shows up out of nowhere???
afwdwfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #56
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,279

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecracker725 View Post
YAY!

I mean, even though it's LSU, I'll be happy for you. Can't wait to play y'all! Go Dawgs!
Well, thank you for still being happy for me.

I'll give you my condolences for being a UGA fan. All of Ed's family are Dawg fans but not Ed. He graduated from GA Tech. After that bit of info, will you be able to still hang out on my TR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Are you kidding me??? You write about it and it just shows up out of nowhere???
I know, right?!? I couldn't believe it! I had just finished up my replies to y'all here when the phone rang. I feel so stupid now for not checking his work backpack. But, I truly never thought I would have put it there.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #57
firecracker725
DIS Veteran
 
firecracker725's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: France
Posts: 1,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Well, thank you for still being happy for me.

I'll give you my condolences for being a UGA fan. All of Ed's family are Dawg fans but not Ed. He graduated from GA Tech. After that bit of info, will you be able to still hang out on my TR?
Wrong Dawgs! We're long suffering MSU fans. Although, DH did spend 6 years in grad school at UGA.
__________________
--Crystal

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #58
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?
 
t_daniels's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: OK
Posts: 3,835

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw
Folks.....I've had a miracle or some pixie dust or something come my way!!

Ed just called me from his office. He said, "Guess what I found?"

Me, "I don't know. What?"

Him, "Your LSU sweater."

Me, "WHAT?!? WHERE?!?"

Him, "My work backpack. In a compartment I barely use. I don't even know what I was looking for when I opened it up just now."

I am beyond excited!!!! I must have just stuffed it in there when we were leaving Tallahassee that Friday morning. I don't even know why I would do such a thing. I'm telling y'all - I was really running on fumes & excitement.

But, I'm getting my sweater tonight when he gets home. Or maybe he'll come home for lunch & I can wash it.

I can't even begin to tell y'all how happy I am. Yes, I know it's just a sweatshirt. But, it's my comfort sweatshirt.
That's so cool!

Congrats!
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #59
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,279

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecracker725 View Post
Wrong Dawgs! We're long suffering MSU fans. Although, DH did spend 6 years in grad school at UGA.
After I posted, it crossed my mind that it may be MSU. That's much better than UGA in our book!

I'm sorry your DH did have to spend 6 years there.

The MSU/LSU game is homecoming for LSU this year. But, MSU is having a good season so you never know what will happen in that game. LSU needs to figure out a lot of things on offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
That's so cool!

Congrats!
Thank you!! I can't believe it!!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #60
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,021

OMG Amanda That's fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: