Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #496
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Going back a few posts but I am with you on Soarin'! While I enjoy it, I don't get the fuss! If we miss it...oh well! I do love Maelstrom though! I am not going to comment much on your F&W comments since it would give my next few days (and next post) away! But sorry you were feeling poorly! And the Belgian waffle looked so good! That one I didn't make it to!

On the Le Cellier filet...it has been two years since I ate there but the steak they serve is thicker and a better cut (unless things changed but then charging 2TS is a real crime if so!)
TinksThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #497
fi46re129
Mouseketeer

Looks like some fantastic choices from the F&W Booths!

Smoky shad is not cool! Who thought of that?! Personally I think smoking should only be outside the main entrance in a designated spot. Disney while for everyone is mostly for children and second hand smoke is nothing to take lightly! Sorry for the rant its the pediatric nurse in me! Lol

It's awesome that Reid was open to trying new foods!

I hope you aren't coming down with something and the rest of your day in Epcot goes well!

1995 ASSR, 1998 ASSR, 2002 Off Property, 2003 CR, 2008 Music, 2010 CS, 2010 Music, 2011 CBR, 2013 ASSR & POFQ
fi46re129 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2013, 12:22 AM   #498
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Ah, Food &Wine! I really have to go again! I seem to gravitate more to the Flower & Garden Festival.
I'm really glad we finally got to experience F&W! We did Flower & Garden in 2011 and I really enjoyed it as well.

Quote:

I would’ve totally passed the vegan booth, too!
Yeah....no need to try any of that. YUCK!

Quote:

Ugh…smoky shade is not fun! Shady benches are a premium around WS…you’d think Disney would’ve thought it out a bit better. Sunny Florida + Tired Tourists = Shady Benches. Even I can do that math! Hooray for Mexico, air conditioning, and the Grand Fiesta!
I often find myself puzzled about some of Disney's designated smoking areas. I was really happy to have a break from the sun for at least a little bit.

Quote:

It always makes me laugh that Maelstrom is a Fastpass! Reid is just about the cutest Viking ever…so ferocious with that sword!
Thanks! He was definitely having fun in that store.

Quote:
Give this boy an Oscar!
Right?!? He is sooooo dramatic!

Quote:

Yup, the bratwurst and pizza roll is interesting alright! ROFL!
Very interesting! Seems like someone would "fix" that.

Quote:

The waffle and lava cake look SO yummy!
They were delicious!

Quote:

Le Cellier filet with truffle butter sauce. Swoon. So sad that LC is 2 TS credits now.
I really wish I had tried Le Cellier before it went to 2 TS credits at both meals.

Quote:

I’m so sorry you weren’t feeling well…what a trooper you are! Fingers crossed that you felt better in time for dinner!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Oh Amanda I hope you started feeling better. Between not feeling well and the heat I love Reid's I have no food pic
Thanks! I knew the heat was making everything so much worse for me. It was so bad that day.

Quote:
And I never get my own food either
At least I'm not alone! Must be a Mommy thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
That food sounded AMAZING! The potstickers, steak, and waffle looked especially tempting.
They were all sooooo good!! I could have eaten a ton of those potstickers!

Quote:
I'm so sorry that you weren't feeling well though. I'm sure that being in the hot sun didn't help at all. Why oh why is World Showcase hotter than anywhere else on the planet (besides Animal Kingdom)??
Ed & I had this conversation while we were in EPCOT. Him & I have both concluded that World Showcase is indeed hotter than even Animal Kingdom. There is just a ridiculous amount of concrete and hardly any shade. Animal Kingdom at least has a good bit of shade going for it.

Quote:
Oh those photos of Reid are killing me. As for the "I have no food photo" -in our house he would be called a "Drama Queen" I absolutely adored those pics and they made me smile. Thanks for sharing Amanda.
Thank you!! He is quite dramatic. So many of my friends tell me he's going to be an actor. I always answer with, "I sure hope not."

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Yes, there are some adults that are less adventurous with food choices.
He used to be much more of an adventurous eater when he was 2 & 3. When he got to 4, he started being a little picky so I was happy to see him try a few new things.

Quote:
I'd suggest you withhold the part about him looking cute with braids too...
Yeah, I guess you're right! But, I can think it! LOL!

Quote:
I was frustrated with some DSA locations this last time too. I think I tend to notice it more now, because due to some new laws, pretty much everything around here is smoke free. It seems like now, anytime I'm around smoke it just irritates me more than ever before.
You have a good point. With so many places going smoke free, it's definitely more noticeable when you're around it. Just seems like Disney would find places that truly weren't around anyone else especially considering the amount of children there.

Quote:
mmmm... those look very good too.
I have to say that we made some really good food choices. Everything was quite yummy...besides the cannolis!

Quote:
Well, I hope you aren't feeling too bad to enjoy yourself... and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy your ADR.
Thanks! Hopefully, I will get to that update in the next couple of nights & wrap up our EPCOT day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Okay....suspense!! What is going to happen to you....no sickness I hope. I LOL at the sausage....what the??? No comment there. And Reid in the Norway hat...too funny. I think that is amazing that he tried all those different foods!
You'll have to stay tuned to see if I survived! Well, ok, I survived but you'll have to wait to see if I made it to dinner.

That sausage was....different.

Reid was having a good afternoon being silly in the shop & I was really thankful that he was being so cooperative just sitting in his stroller while we walked around & tried out food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Luvin the updates. I don't think I could eat that much food in Florida heat small portions or not lol
Thanks! Yeah, the heat was definitely taking a toll that day. But, I was determined to try out some yummy food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Yum yum yum! Everything you got from F&W looked like it was amazing! And what a beautiful day!
It really was a pretty day, just too darn hot. The food was delicious! I highly recommend going to F&W at least once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Reid's 'hungry' face is just too funny! He's very convincing hahaha! I'm sorry you weren't feeling well though! I hope it wasn't something too bad.
He's such a ham when he wants to be!

Thanks! I was just hoping to make it through dinner that night. I think the heat really got to me this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I am just over this picture. It is just precious...love it.
Thanks! That boy is such a mess...he cracks me up!

Quote:
A lot of your goodies looked like something I would at least like to try. I wonder if the potstickers are different than what they have at the counter service in China? The reason I ask is because we had those in September and they were awful.
I'm really not sure if they are but I can tell you that these were awesome! If I could have eaten more, I would have.

Quote:
One of these days we may get to F&W or F&GS.
You should definitely try to make it to both festivals. They're both really nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Wow F&W looks amazing!!! Those food pictures had me drooling!! I really want to make it to WDW in October so badly!!!!
F&W is awesome! You definitely have to go one year. Now that your mom will be down there, hopefully you'll be able to work that out.

Quote:
OMG REID IS ADORABLE! That pouty picture had me in stitches!! And then the food came and he brightened right up!! HAHAHAHA too cute!!!
Thank you!! He can be a handful at times but most of the times he just makes me smile & laugh.

Quote:
Oh no!! I hope you make it to dinner! Not feeling well in Disney is the worst!!!
It is the worst! And I think the sun was the culprit this day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Oh no! I hate to hear you weren't feeling well. I hope you can carry on.
I think if it wouldn't have been so hot, I probably wouldn't have felt quite so bad.

Quote:
Loved the beautiful Epcot pictures, and the F&W treats looked very yummy. I think the ceviche dish looks the best. MMMMMMMM Not the best pictures to be perusing while dieting, but enjoyable nonetheless......
Thank you!! All of the food was really good! That shrimp ceviche was so yummy! Cold and refreshing but it had quite the little kick to it as well.

Quote:
Love Reid's mugging for the camera while waiting for his food. Too funny!!!
He is such a mess!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Love this! Great picture! I think Viking boys can have braids, too!
Thank you!! I like your theory....I'm gonna stick with it!

Quote:
You have a little actor on your hands, don't you?
Oh yes, yes I do. He is so dramatic it's just funny.

Quote:
So sorry you were feeling ill! My guess is you cancel the ADR and head on back to the room. I hope whatever it is passes quickly.
Thanks. I really was trying my best to not let it get me completely down and affect our day.

Quote:
I tried the Purple Haze and it was really good! YUM!
So glad you liked the Abita beer! Naturally, it's very popular in Louisiana. And they do some brews that are different from your normal beers. Like one of their most popular ones is a Strawberry beer.

Quote:
I also had the mongolian beef and absolutely loved it!
Ed seemed to really enjoy it and he liked that it had a good kick to it.

Quote:
You really had some nice samplings. There is so much I missed and I absolutely can't wait to go back next year!
There's so much to try! We were really happy with pretty much everything we tried. We'll definitely go back at some point in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
Joining In. I'm loving your photos - both of your son and the scenery.
Welcome & Thank you for joining in!!

Quote:
Your son is adorable. I love how he hugs the characters. My son did/does that. First at 4 then at 5 and hopefully again at 7.
Thanks! It's always so hard to know how they're going to react to the characters even from year to year. Hope your son still gives them big hugs!

Quote:
F&W looks like fun!
It really is awesome! Definitely worth checking out at least once.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #499
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Going back a few posts but I am with you on Soarin'! While I enjoy it, I don't get the fuss! If we miss it...oh well! I do love Maelstrom though! I am not going to comment much on your F&W comments since it would give my next few days (and next post) away! But sorry you were feeling poorly! And the Belgian waffle looked so good! That one I didn't make it to!
Can't wait to hear what y'all tried @ F&W! That waffle was really yummy....so light and fluffy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post

On the Le Cellier filet...it has been two years since I ate there but the steak they serve is thicker and a better cut (unless things changed but then charging 2TS is a real crime if so!)
I would hope the steak is a little better for 2 TS. But, the offering from the F&W booth really was quite tasty. I'm glad we tried it since I don't see us making an ADR for Le Cellier any time in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi46re129 View Post
Looks like some fantastic choices from the F&W Booths!
They really have so many good selections to choose from. I wish we would have had more EPCOT time in our trip to try out some more food.

Quote:
Smoky shad is not cool! Who thought of that?! Personally I think smoking should only be outside the main entrance in a designated spot. Disney while for everyone is mostly for children and second hand smoke is nothing to take lightly! Sorry for the rant its the pediatric nurse in me! Lol
I agree completely! I get nervous when someone just walks by Reid with a lit cigarette. And I couldn't believe they had put a food booth so nearby!

Quote:
It's awesome that Reid was open to trying new foods!
He used to be so good about trying new foods but that changed when he turned 4. So anytime he tries something new, I get all excited.

Quote:
I hope you aren't coming down with something and the rest of your day in Epcot goes well!
It really just came on so fast. I think it was the sun that helped exacerbate whatever was going on with me.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:09 AM   #500
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Sorry you that you were feeling so run down while trying to enjoy food and wine. You did pretty good at trying so many things though! I am in awe. Aside from a couple drinks I only had one item. I

I love the braided version of Reid. He is very cute. What is even cuter? His “I have no food so i am sad” look

great updates!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:56 AM   #501
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
At least I'm not alone! Must be a Mommy thing.
I'm sure Even hubs eyes up my plate...
Old 02-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #502
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I can't believe you walked by the Vegan booth, you mean cashew cheese was not high on your list of things to try!

You guys did make some good choices, but I can't believe you skipped South Korea! The pork lettuce wrap is one of the best things at the festival! You'll just have to go back

I hope you ended up feeling better and didn't have to cancel that ADR!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #503
Leslieann1024
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post

From there, we are leaving (with my sister's family) to drive about 8 hours to Grapevine, Texas. We are taking the kids to this really neat resort and we'll be doing a Polar Express train ride sometime during the weekend.

Would this be the Great Wolf Lodge ? Great place, fun for the whole family (and fun year round, since the water park is inside !)
Leslieann1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #504
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Really nice food choices at Food and Wine...

I'm totally with you on Le Cellier ... I haven't been and I really don't know if I could justify the 2 TS credits/the new prices... not with so many of the other Signature Dining...

I like the Maelstrom too... I wish they'd put in another ride like it in another country... like maybe Italy or Japan... somewhere on the other side to break things up a bit...

OMG I love Reid's hungry face... (cause I'm sure you never feed him... He's got a future in Hollywood I think...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:07 AM   #505
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Finally caught up! Ok...so tell me about these black spots on Soarin'. It's been over a year since we rode it, so I don't remember seeing anything like that. I had to laugh at your statement "I'll probably be banned from the Dis...." Perhaps it does need a refurb if black spots are floating around the screen. The best seat to get is on the second row. If you're up high, you can kind of see where the screen ends, and if you're at the bottom, you can kind of see the feet above. Sorry you didn't like it. I use to LOVE it, and we would ride it back-to-back. Now....the appeal has deminished somewhat, so it's not a rope drop must.

Yalls food looked wonderful!!! I'm all about trying new things, especially when it comes to cuisine. I probably would have made myself sick from all that food.

It didn't appear that the crowds were bad....looks kind of empty in some of your pics.

Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #506
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sorry I haven't been on in a few weeks! Things have been really, really busy! I am going to do some replies, have lunch & then I'll be back with a real-life update as well as finishing up our afternoon at EPCOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Sorry you that you were feeling so run down while trying to enjoy food and wine. You did pretty good at trying so many things though! I am in awe. Aside from a couple drinks I only had one item.
I was determined to try some yummy food! I would have liked to try a few drinks but I'm not a huge drinker and with not feeling well, I just didn't think it was for the best.

Quote:
I love the braided version of Reid. He is very cute. What is even cuter? His “I have no food so i am sad” look
Thanks! He is such a ham sometimes!

Quote:
great updates!!!
Thank you!!

Quote:
I'm sure Even hubs eyes up my plate...
Ed does the same thing to me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I can't believe you walked by the Vegan booth, you mean cashew cheese was not high on your list of things to try!
I know, right?!?

Quote:
You guys did make some good choices, but I can't believe you skipped South Korea! The pork lettuce wrap is one of the best things at the festival! You'll just have to go back
Well, go back we must then! If I remember right, after getting lunch for Reid, I just didn't feel up to going back to South Korea.

Quote:
I hope you ended up feeling better and didn't have to cancel that ADR!
I'll be getting to that as soon as I can get some late lunch in my belly and write the next update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslieann1024 View Post
Would this be the Great Wolf Lodge ? Great place, fun for the whole family (and fun year round, since the water park is inside !)
It is the Great Wolf Lodge!! That place was so much fun! I'm already hoping to take a short trip there again this fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Really nice food choices at Food and Wine...
Thank you!!

Quote:
I'm totally with you on Le Cellier ... I haven't been and I really don't know if I could justify the 2 TS credits/the new prices... not with so many of the other Signature Dining...
Yeah, I think the other Signature restaurants seem more "worth it".

Quote:
I like the Maelstrom too... I wish they'd put in another ride like it in another country... like maybe Italy or Japan... somewhere on the other side to break things up a bit...
I completely agree!

Quote:
OMG I love Reid's hungry face... (cause I'm sure you never feed him... He's got a future in Hollywood I think...
Thanks! I pray he never wants to be an actor. Although, he probably would be very good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Finally caught up! Ok...so tell me about these black spots on Soarin'. It's been over a year since we rode it, so I don't remember seeing anything like that. I had to laugh at your statement "I'll probably be banned from the Dis...." Perhaps it does need a refurb if black spots are floating around the screen. The best seat to get is on the second row. If you're up high, you can kind of see where the screen ends, and if you're at the bottom, you can kind of see the feet above. Sorry you didn't like it. I use to LOVE it, and we would ride it back-to-back. Now....the appeal has deminished somewhat, so it's not a rope drop must.
If I remember correctly, we were on the 2nd row. There were just black spots here & there all over the screen. It just interrupted the experience.

Quote:
Yalls food looked wonderful!!! I'm all about trying new things, especially when it comes to cuisine. I probably would have made myself sick from all that food.
There was soooo many yummy things to try! When/if we ever go back for F&W, we'll definitely figure in at least 2 days at EPCOT.

Quote:
It didn't appear that the crowds were bad....looks kind of empty in some of your pics.

Heather
Crowds weren't terrible this day. Which was nice b/c it made the kiosk lines not very long for food.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #507
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Thursday, October 4th - EPCOT Final

Hi Everybody!

I’m so sorry that I haven’t been on in a few weeks! Things have just been really busy at home.

As some of you may or may not know, Reid was born with a hearing loss in his right ear. We’ve been doing some testing over the last couple of weeks to see what’s going on with it. While the results were not what I hoped for, they showed the loss to be the same. However, we’ll be going back to the doctor again soon and I have a feeling his ENT is going to want to do either an MRI or a CT Scan to look at his inner ear structure since some of the test results were conflicting. I know we need to do such a test but it just has me nervous.

We also went away the 1st weekend of February to visit my aunt & uncle that are coming on the cruise in June with us. We always have a great time with them! And we got some planning done as well.

In addition to that, this past week was Mardi Gras so we hit up a few parades. And Valentine’s Day was the day the kids went back to school. So, I had Reid’s class party that day. I’m Room Mom so I am in charge of all parties.

As if that wasn’t enough, we have signed Reid up for his 1st year of TBall. And Ed is coaching his team! We had our first practice yesterday. He is very excited to play ball!

And last, but not least, I have a change to our December Disney trip. We were supposed to be going to Disney the 2nd week of December. Well, with all this talk about MRIs & CTs, I started to get a little worried about $$$. Not to mention we owe an ugly amount of taxes this year. We have to pay for our own health insurance and have horrible coverage. So, I know we’ll have to fork over a pretty penny for whatever test Reid has to have.

Then, Reid told me one day in the car that he really wants to celebrate his 6th birthday next year at Disney. Well, I got to thinking and scheming. I realized that Mardi Gras is late next year - the first week of March and Reid’s bday is March 16th! So, we have decided to move our December trip to the 1st week of March 2014. This way, he’ll only miss 2 days of school & we’ll celebrate his bday just 2 weeks early. It should also be fun because my best friend & her family are going the same week! I’m not sure if we’re still going to stay at CR or not. A lot of that will depend on what happens with Reid’s tests. I’m contemplating a lot of different scenarios.

So, that’s the majority of what’s been going on around here. Even though TBall is about to completely take over our lives, I really am going to make a better effort to DIS more regularly. Afterall, I need to finish this TR because we leave in 103 days for our cruise!!!

Alright, now that I have y’all caught up, back to the TR!

When I last left y’all, we had stuffed ourselves silly with samplings from the different F&W kiosks. I figured it was about time we did something for Reid, so we headed here:

It was time to ride Figment! After our journey, we had to stick around a bit for some play time:

Every time we ride Figment, Reid insists on making his own Figment:

We then started making our way towards Spaceship Earth.

After riding Spaceship Earth, we decided to head to the Festival Center. They had the Chase Lounge in there that Disney Visa members could utilize. I was still feeling pretty bad and I thought it would be a nice break.

Inside the Festival Center, they also had stuff you could buy as well as places for the different seminars. We made our way to the lounge and it was packed!! It didn’t help that the lounge was very small. But, it was air conditioned and it had free soda! Ed got drinks for us while Reid & I found a spot on the floor out of the way. We sat in there for quite some time enjoying our free beverages. It was also here that we realized that there are free “passports” for the F&W festival. It lists all the different kiosks and their offerings. There are even boxes for you to check off what you’ve tried. And you can get stamps in your passport from the kiosks.

After our break, Ed was wanting to find some Mickey crocs for himself so we headed to Mouse Gears. We stayed in there quite a while. Ed found him some Crocs and I got cute Mickey notepads for Reid’s teachers. We also just did a lot of looking. While trying on some hats, we noticed a strange interaction. There was a woman crying hysterically to a manager. Evidently, she had had a bad encounter with another guest in line. I guess the other person accused her of being rude to a child or something. The woman was wanting the manager to find the other guest and explain that she wasn’t being mean to the child. I don’t know what came of it because I just had us walk away.

When we got out of Mouse Gears, I noticed two things. First of all, the sky was starting to look very dark. And, secondly, I was starting to feel worse. Like I was just going to crash at any moment. Well, I knew we had an ADR for 6:20 pm in the World Showcase. I told Ed that we should just go and see if we can get in early. If not, we’d decide what to do then.

So, we made our way to the World Showcase and were soon in Italy. Our ADR was for here at 620pm:

*Note: that picture was taken earlier in the day so that is why it is sunny.

Ed parked & covered the stroller while I went inside to see if we could be seated early. It was 5:30 pm. There was a group in front of me checking in. While I waited, I took this pic:

The hostess was very nice when I asked if we could eat early. She looked like she was going to say no but asked how many were in our party anyway. When I told her “2 adults & 1 child”, she eased up and said, “Oh yes. That’s no problem." We maybe waited 5 minutes before being seated.

Our server was nice though a tad slow. I will say that our food came out very quickly here!

Reid had a fruit cup, cheese pizza & chocolate ice cream. He enjoyed all of it especially the pizza and ice cream.

Ed went with the pepperoni pizza & pistachio gelato. He said all of it was fantastic.

My choices were the mushroom pizza & tiramisu. Again, it was all very good. I have to say the tiramisu was one of the best I’ve ever had!

During dinner, we noticed that it had started storming outside. When we were done & got out of Via Napoli it had stopped. But, the skies still looked very troublesome. We quickly got Reid into the stroller, under his rain cover. Between the bad weather and not feeling well, I was done with EPCOT. So, we decided to leave.

We started booking it out of the World Showcase, heading towards Mexico when it started storming again. This was NOT your typical Florida shower. I’ve never experienced a storm like this while at Disney. It was raining incredibly hard, very windy and lightning every few seconds. I wanted nothing more than to get to the safety of our car.

We got to our car at 7 pm & were at OKW for 712 pm. It continued to storm for a few more hours. I was really glad we had left EPCOT. Reid played with his racecars while Ed relaxed and I journaled and uploaded pictures.

We were all in bed for 815 pm!!

Old 02-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #508
RGirl
DIS Veteran

You're back!!!

Oh my! I am so glad that you got out of Epcot when you did!!! What awful weather. I hope that the next update has you feeling a lot better. Glad that the dinner was good at least - I would like to try Via Napoli, but I am just not convinced that they would be able to do gluten-free very well.
RGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #509
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You're back!!!

Oh my! I am so glad that you got out of Epcot when you did!!! What awful weather. I hope that the next update has you feeling a lot better. Glad that the dinner was good at least - I would like to try Via Napoli, but I am just not convinced that they would be able to do gluten-free very well.
I was so happy that we had left EPCOT! I honestly have never been in such a horrible storm while at Disney. It was an absolute torrential downpour!

Have you checked out the restaurants board about how gluten-free friendly Via Napoli may or may not be? I bet you could start a thread asking about it and someone probably has an answer for you.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #510
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Glad you're back at it! Sorry to hear about Reid's news, but it sounds like yall are very positive and upbeat about it. His hearing loss certainly doesn't appear to hold him back from anything Your new plan sounds great...very smart and proactive.

The rains in Florida can be horrendous, can't they?! And they come up so quickly. Last June when we were at AKL, I sat on the bed watching the worst storm ever! I remember thinking..."those poor people in the parks..." Good thing you didn't have to wait on a bus to take you back. Sounds like you got plenty of rest, too.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: