Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 12:15 AM   #481
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I've missed several update... I don't know how... I need a better system...
It's so easy to get behind here yet so hard to catch up.

Quote:
Anyhow lots of fun stuff here...

Sorry about the Grump Photog... very un Disney like...
Yeah, it was strange. I didn't want to be unsympathetic to him but I didn't want to spend all my time listening to his ailments either.

Quote:
Reid looks very happy with Phineas and Ferb... love them...
I was so happy that he was able to meet them. Our whole family loves that show!

Quote:
Wow what with TSM being down ... I'll bet that made people unhappy...
It was so crazy and frustrating!

Quote:
It sounds like Pizza Planet was good except for your cupcake which is a shame because something that looks like that should taste good...with you on the cream cheese icing... needs to have cream cheese in it...
Definitely needs cream cheese! But at least it was cute.

Quote:
That was sad about the boy on RnRC... I'll bet he felt awful...
I think he was just relieved once the guy laughed & showed him the door. It was kind of funny. But then again, it's something I would probably do to someone.

Quote:
I love the photos of Reid on the Star Wars vehicle .... he looks blissed out...
Thank you!! He was really having so much fun!

Quote:
on the backside check out photo...
Love that photo so much!

Quote:
I always think that the character spot in Epcot is great for photos...
That was some of the best interaction we've had with the Fab Five.

Quote:
Great story about Crush... Awesome Interaction with Reid... Great memory
Oh yes....I think we'll always remember that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
We don't stay until closing so we also don't get "stuck" leaving...and the MK ferry to TTC is cool
We didn't completely close down any parks either....with the exception of the MNSSHP. So, it was definitely easy to get out at night. I love the ferry at night!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:04 AM   #482
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Thursday, October 4th - EPCOT Food & Wine Festival Part 1

We had finally made our way to the World Showcase to sample some of the offerings of the Food & Wine Festival. This was our first time experiencing this event at EPCOT. We decided to go left and make our way around. As soon as you turned that way (close to the gift shop), there was the first booth: Terra. That was the new Vegan booth. Yeah, we skipped it. Up next was Caribbean. This was one of the booths on our “to try” list so Ed got in line while Reid and I found a place in the shade since the sun was getting to be unbearable this day.

While we waited for Ed, I took some pics of the scenery:

Then, Ed returned with our food: Jerk Spiced Chicken Drumstick with Mango Chutney

Sorry the food was already half-eaten by the time I remembered to take a picture.

Everyone gave this a try, even Reid. Reid was not a fan but Ed and I both thought it was pretty good. Once we were finished, I went to the gift shop to turn in an autograph book I found where we were sitting. Then, we were on to the next booth: Argentina.

Again, Reid & I tried to find a shady spot while Ed went in line. Unfortunately, the only spot we could find was right by a DSA. Why they would put a food booth right by that area is beyond me. Anyhow, I sat us as far away from the smokers as possible and turned Reid away from any smoke that may blow our way. And then Ed arrived with our next selection: a Beef Empanada.

I did purposely take a picture of this one after we had dug in so you could see the inside filling.

Again, Reid did not like this one but I sure was proud of my 4 year old for trying these new foods. On the other hand, Ed & I both really enjoyed this and it was probably one of our favorites. The flavor of the beef was really nice.

Across from Argentina was Australia. We decided to skip it since there was nothing on the menu that was calling our name. Since we only had one day to experience F&W, we really had to be choosy about what we chose!

Up next was Mexico. We skipped the booth but we did stay in the pavilion itself for a little bit.

The sun was absolutely beating down us so I decided we should go in and ride the Grand Fiesta Tour for a little reprieve. At this point, I didn’t want to say anything, but I was beginning to feel really run down and just not well.

The ride was a walk-on and we enjoyed our break on the boat. Once we were off, we slowly made our way back out to the scorching sun. We passed the Scandinavian booth since there wasn’t anything of interest to us there. We did stop in Norway though.

We decided to take Reid on his first ride on Maelstrom! I don’t know why, but I have always loved this ride.

Reid enjoyed the ride. Once we were off, we quickly made our way out of the theater and into the gift shop for some silly fun.

I didn’t have the heart to tell Reid that was really a girl’s hat. Besides, I thought he looked kinda cute with the braids. And anyway, he soon found some more masculine items to pose with:

From there, our journey led us to China:

Again, Reid & I went off in search of shade while Ed got in the line. And once again, the only shaded bench was in the smoking area. Really, Disney?!? You think non-smokers don’t enjoy a little sit in the shade now & again? Sorry for that side-rant. I probably would have just sat in the sun if I weren’t feeling so completely beat down this afternoon.

I have this picture in with my “China” pictures but I don’t think I took it from China. Anyway, here you go:

Ed returned with our food. This time we had 2 selections.

First up, Ed chose: Mongolian Beef in a Steamed Bun

He said it was good though very spicy.

My selection: Pork Potstickers

OMG! I loved these! And you get 2 pretty decent-sized potstickers. I really didn’t want to share these. But, Reid had his 2nd accidental spilling of the trip: he grabbed Ed’s plate with his Mongolian Beef and it went crashing to the ground. I was gracious and gave Ed my 2nd potsticker. And, boy was he glad! He said they very good, even better than what he had chosen.

At this point, it was getting to be lunchtime. While I knew Ed and I were content with offerings from the booths, Reid most certainly was not. So we decided to skip several booths and make our way to America to grab him some lunch.

We went to the Liberty Inn and grabbed a table while Ed grabbed food for Reid. Do you see a theme here? Yes, we have a system.

Reid told me he was sad because he wanted to eat lunch and gave me his best “I-have-no-food-so-I-am-sad” face.

Then, he cheered up when his food arrived:

While we were relaxing, these guys passed by:

Once Reid was full and happy, we decided to head backwards for a booth. I will let you know though that we skipped: South Korea, South Africa, Cheese and the Brewer’s Collection. But, we did make our way back to Germany where we once again tried 2 offerings.

Ed’s selection: Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll

Well, I thought this was quite a, um, strange presentation of food and I let Ed enjoy it all by himself. He said that it was very good but that he did enjoy the pretzel roll most.

Reid & I went with: Apple Strudel with Karamel and Vanilla Sauce

This was so yummy! Reid and I gobbled it up and didn’t share any with Ed.

We also skipped the Poland booth and then went on to Italy where we tried Cannoli al Cioccolato (Chocolate Covered Cannoli filled with Sweet Ricotta, Chocolate, and Candied Fruit). Ed decided to get us each one.

I took 2 bites of my cannoli and passed it over to Ed. I did not like these one bit. Ed thought they were ok.

Moving on, we passed the booths for Fife & Drum and Hops & Barley and made our way to the Florida Local booth. Reid and I were waiting for Ed at a table near the railing, when these ducks flew right by my head. It was kind of crazy.

Continued in the next post....

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 01:07 AM   #483
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Thursday, October 4th - EPCOT Food & Wine Festival Part 2

While waiting for my food, I took a picture of Japan:

Picture of the booth I was sampling:

I was the only one who tried anything here and I went with the Florida Shrimp Ceviche with Fire Roasted Vegetables, Fried Plantains and Cilantro.

This was really nice and refreshing since it was cold. It did have quite a kick though. I ate while we strolled on past the booths for Japan, Singapore, Morocco and New Zealand. Our next destination was Belgium to try the Belgium Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream.

Ed ended up getting 2 of these and I was glad he did!

These are not huge but they are very scrumptious! I shared mine with Reid. That’s another theme in our house....I somehow never get my food to myself. LOL! All 3 of us agreed that this was very good. And they’re nice and light, not too heavy. Which was a good thing because we were really starting to get full at this point.

As much as I wanted to stop at France, there were 2 other items I wanted to try a little bit more so I decided to bypass that booth. Instead, we went on to Ireland to try the Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Bailey’s Ganache. Again, Ed got 2 of these.

These were very tiny! And they weren’t warm....they were HOT! But, they were tasty and quite rich.

Next, we were on to our last stop: Canada

Since we have yet to eat at Le Cellier (and I don’t see it in our near future), we wanted to try the “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce.

Again, Ed got 2....because there is no way that man will share a steak.

Yet again, we had made a wise choice with this selection. It was very good! Although, I don’t know if I’d want to use 2 TS credits to eat it. I was quite full about halfway through mine, so I gave mine to Ed. We relaxed for a bit before deciding to move onto something not having to deal with food.

As much as I would have liked to try something from every booth, my stomach just couldn’t take it. We also skipped the booths for Greece, Desserts & Champagne, Hawai’i and Craft Beers. I was excited to see that the Craft Beers booth had a selection (Purple Haze) from a Louisiana-based brewery (Abita).

Evidently, I took a few scenic shots as we had walked around the World Showcase that afternoon:

As we left the World Showcase to pursue fun of a different sort, I could tell my body was feeling worse. But, I knew we had a dinner ADR in EPCOT that night and I was really excited about it. But, would I make it?

Old 01-31-2013, 07:39 AM   #484
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Ah, Food &Wine! I really have to go again! I seem to gravitate more to the Flower & Garden Festival.

I would’ve totally passed the vegan booth, too!

Ugh…smoky shade is not fun! Shady benches are a premium around WS…you’d think Disney would’ve thought it out a bit better. Sunny Florida + Tired Tourists = Shady Benches. Even I can do that math! Hooray for Mexico, air conditioning, and the Grand Fiesta!

It always makes me laugh that Maelstrom is a Fastpass! Reid is just about the cutest Viking ever…so ferocious with that sword!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post

Give this boy an Oscar!

Yup, the bratwurst and pizza roll is interesting alright! ROFL!

The waffle and lava cake look SO yummy!

Le Cellier filet with truffle butter sauce. Swoon. So sad that LC is 2 TS credits now.

I’m so sorry you weren’t feeling well…what a trooper you are! Fingers crossed that you felt better in time for dinner!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:13 AM   #485
pas130
DIS Veteran

Oh Amanda I hope you started feeling better. Between not feeling well and the heat I love Reid's I have no food pic

And I never get my own food either

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:21 AM   #486
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

That food sounded AMAZING! The potstickers, steak, and waffle looked especially tempting.

I'm so sorry that you weren't feeling well though. I'm sure that being in the hot sun didn't help at all. Why oh why is World Showcase hotter than anywhere else on the planet (besides Animal Kingdom)??

Oh those photos of Reid are killing me. As for the "I have no food photo" -in our house he would be called a "Drama Queen" I absolutely adored those pics and they made me smile. Thanks for sharing Amanda.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:12 AM   #487
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Terra. That was the new Vegan booth. Yeah, we skipped it.

Quote:
And then Ed arrived with our next selection: a Beef Empanada.

I did purposely take a picture of this one after we had dug in so you could see the inside filling.
That looks very good.

Quote:
Again, Reid did not like this one but I sure was proud of my 4 year old for trying these new foods.
Yes, there are some adults that are less adventurous with food choices.

Quote:
I didnt have the heart to tell Reid that was really a girls hat. Besides, I thought he looked kinda cute with the braids.
I'd suggest you withhold the part about him looking cute with braids too...

Quote:
And once again, the only shaded bench was in the smoking area. Really, Disney?!? You think non-smokers dont enjoy a little sit in the shade now & again?
I was frustrated with some DSA locations this last time too. I think I tend to notice it more now, because due to some new laws, pretty much everything around here is smoke free. It seems like now, anytime I'm around smoke it just irritates me more than ever before.

Quote:
My selection: Pork Potstickers
mmmm... those look very good too.

Quote:
Reid & I went with: Apple Strudel with Karamel and Vanilla Sauce
I want one...

Quote:
Instead, we went on to Ireland to try the Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Baileys Ganache. Again, Ed got 2 of these.

Is it lunch time yet???

Quote:
Since we have yet to eat at Le Cellier (and I dont see it in our near future), we wanted to try the Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce.

Again, Ed got 2....because there is no way that man will share a steak.
Nothing like saving the best for last.

Quote:
As much as I would have liked to try something from every booth, my stomach just couldnt take it.
It would be fun to try though.

Quote:
As we left the World Showcase to pursue fun of a different sort, I could tell my body was feeling worse. But, I knew we had a dinner ADR in EPCOT that night and I was really excited about it. But, would I make it?
Well, I hope you aren't feeling too bad to enjoy yourself... and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy your ADR.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #488
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Okay....suspense!! What is going to happen to you....no sickness I hope. I LOL at the sausage....what the??? No comment there. And Reid in the Norway hat...too funny. I think that is amazing that he tried all those different foods!
Old 01-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #489
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin the updates. I don't think I could eat that much food in Florida heat small portions or not lol
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #490
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Yum yum yum! Everything you got from F&W looked like it was amazing! And what a beautiful day!

Reid's 'hungry' face is just too funny! He's very convincing hahaha! I'm sorry you weren't feeling well though! I hope it wasn't something too bad.

-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:53 PM   #491
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Reid told me he was sad because he wanted to eat lunch and gave me his best “I-have-no-food-so-I-am-sad” face.

I am just over this picture. It is just precious...love it.

A lot of your goodies looked like something I would at least like to try. I wonder if the potstickers are different than what they have at the counter service in China? The reason I ask is because we had those in September and they were awful.

One of these days we may get to F&W or F&GS.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:40 PM   #492
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Wow F&W looks amazing!!! Those food pictures had me drooling!! I really want to make it to WDW in October so badly!!!!

OMG REID IS ADORABLE! That pouty picture had me in stitches!! And then the food came and he brightened right up!! HAHAHAHA too cute!!!

Oh no!! I hope you make it to dinner! Not feeling well in Disney is the worst!!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #493
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Oh no! I hate to hear you weren't feeling well. I hope you can carry on.

Loved the beautiful Epcot pictures, and the F&W treats looked very yummy. I think the ceviche dish looks the best. MMMMMMMM Not the best pictures to be perusing while dieting, but enjoyable nonetheless......

Love Reid's mugging for the camera while waiting for his food. Too funny!!!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:07 AM   #494
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Reid enjoyed the ride. Once we were off, we quickly made our way out of the theater and into the gift shop for some silly fun.

I didn’t have the heart to tell Reid that was really a girl’s hat. Besides, I thought he looked kinda cute with the braids.
Love this! Great picture! I think Viking boys can have braids, too!

Quote:

You have a little actor on your hands, don't you?

So sorry you were feeling ill! My guess is you cancel the ADR and head on back to the room. I hope whatever it is passes quickly.

I tried the Purple Haze and it was really good! YUM!

I also had the mongolian beef and absolutely loved it!

You really had some nice samplings. There is so much I missed and I absolutely can't wait to go back next year!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #495
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Joining In. I'm loving your photos - both of your son and the scenery.

Your son is adorable. I love how he hugs the characters. My son did/does that. First at 4 then at 5 and hopefully again at 7.

F&W looks like fun!
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR, Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
pld5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: