Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #361
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Wow! You were busy making up for lost time last night/this morning.
Indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
First of all I don't know if I missed it in the morning update, or if it just wasn't in any pictures (and I'm too lazy to go back to look), but I love Ed's shirt.
It might not have fully shown in the morning pictures. I got that shirt for him at Target last year before our cruise. He gets so many compliments on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
We didn't get any pictures of that either, but we just kind of ignored that room's existence and kept DS moving since we only rode when the line was short. We didn't want to have to deal with corralling him to move on.
Be glad you ignored the room!! It's cute and all but such a pain. We avoided it the rest of the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
That's great!!! I'm glad he enjoyed it!
I was really happy he enjoyed it this year. And I was glad to see we hadn't scarred him for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
They really did. I was impressed.
I think it brings more life to that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Awesome!!!! BTMRR was my first roller coaster when I was little so it always makes me happy when I ride it. I'm glad that he enjoyed his first ride on it too!
I was so proud of him for throwing his arms in the air! BTMRR was also one of the first "big" roller coasters I liked as a little girl, so I was very happy to get to ride next to him on his first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Any souvenir???? In Disney World????? I hope you have a high limit on your credit card.
True! But, I knew I didn't real have to fear with telling my 4 year old that. He didn't really understand the power of that statement. And I knew I'd be with and could guide him towards appropriate options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
He's a boy... Underpants make me laugh too.
Must be a boy thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
They really are very good about things like this. And that's why we keep going back.
It's so true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I want to first answer your question to my question before I forget. . .I'm staying at a Universal Partner resort for just one night. It's a family tradition to stay offsite either the first or last night, to squeeze as much Disney into a trip as possible. This year, I'm staying at the Wingate by Wyndham right near Universal. I think it's like a mile away. I booked a package with Universal because I really want to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It's going to be crazy busy because that day is President's day.
Cool! We stay at Wingates often when we're doing small getaways or need a place for a night or two. They're usually pretty decent and have a hot complimentary breakfast. Since you did a package, can you not get your park tickets at the hotel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Whenever I start feeling like Disney is not as customer friendly as they used to be, I hear a story like yours about the salad and I get that faith back in Disney. I'm proud of Reid for riding all of those "big boy" rides! It took us years to get my son on those and now all the sudden he likes them. Now my youngest? She's a little thrill ride junkie!
They were so nice about the salad! I couldn't believe the manager even apologized to me even though it was my son who caused the whole mess.

I was really proud of him! And I was so happy that he liked the big boy rides...especially BTMRR. Ed & I love roller coasters, so Reid really needs to love them, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
Y'all really did great for such a rainy afternoon. Loved the water art, I had never heard of that and actually want it to rain now so I can maybe witness some of it. LOL
I had seen/heard about the water art here on the DIS. I was so happy to finally see some in person. It's just something neat that you don't see all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
I'm so impressed with how patiently you handled the the salad debacle. Great mommy moment, and Disney IS magical in just replacing it for you
Thank you. I have my moments where maybe I don't always handle things as I should. But, I knew he was just hungry and didn't mean to knock my salad down. And the cashier and manager helped erase any frustration I did have by being so helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
I dont want to accept this was your last day.
No need to worry! That was only our 2nd day of parks. I still have 4 more days of parks to report about to y'all!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #362
cheryllarsen
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 392

Love the F&W festival. Absolutely favorite time to visit Disney!
cheryllarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #363
cheryllarsen
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 392

Glad you had a good trip. Can never make a mistake vacationing to DIsney!
cheryllarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #364
shan23877
I make lists about my lists
 
shan23877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,255

Sounds like a great afternoon after a rough morning and despite the rain.

Yay! for Reid! How awesome that he liked all of the 'big boy' rides!

That Dumbo area...It wasn't open when we were there, but I can imagine how fun it would be to force DD out and onto the ride. I've heard that not everyone finds it super secure to let kids run about either.

I love the water art too! Isn't it so fun?

That's awesome that the CMs replaced the salad. That's the kind of thing that really sets Disney apart.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #365
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran
 
PracPerfPatricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,458

Sounds like a good time in the MK...

I've seen the "water drawings" too...they are kind of a magical thing after the rain... can't believe people walked on them... some time you've got to take time to smell the roses...

BTMR is the best "first" big kid kind of coaster... just enough zip and thrill to feel like a real coaster but not too crazy... yeah for Reid's first real coaster ride... (actually i think that little Goofini coaster -used to be the Barnstormer packs a punch for such a short little ride......it's surprising... you wouldn't think it was so...)

I agree that they did a really nice job with Storybook Circus... I am kind of glad that my little guy is 10 so he's not as interested in playing in the waiting area... I could definitely see a couple years ago that they would be kind of nerve wracking keeping track of the comings and goings...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #366
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,193

What an awesome update; and what fun you had despite the rain. So happy to hear that Reid did his first big people roller coaster and ended up loving it. And way to go in trying the Haunted Mansion (tell Reid I laugh at the underwear guy too).

I loved my pulled pork sandwich at Cosmic Rays this month...it was yummy.
__________________
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #367
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly
 
creativeamanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,398

Amanda, Universal does things different with their packages. You have to take your credit card to a kiosk at the parks to get your tickets. I know I'm going to have difficulties, because the cc I used to book the package was a debit card for an account I closed, so I'm going to have to go to will call.
__________________
Disney Trips: Jan 2007 (POP); Oct 2008 (POR); June 2009 (POR); Dec 2009 (POFQ); June 2010 (POR);
June 2011 (POR/BC); June 2012 (POP/CSR); Feb 2013 (CSR/BWV); Jan 2014 (POP); Dec 2014 (POP)

creativeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #368
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran
 
marDgreen88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,776

What a great update! I'm so sorry about the on again, off again rain. That must have ben pretty frustrating.

I'm glad Reid enjoyed the Barnstormer, and (maybe) Haunted Mansion, AND Big Thunder Mountain! That's just awesome! What a HUGE ride day for him!

Your PP pics are so cute!
__________________
-Marissa

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #369
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post

But, within a minute, he put my fears at ease when he threw his arms in the air and yelled, “Oh yeah, baby!!” We laughed the whole rest of the ride.

When we got off, he was very excited!







Woo Hoo! There is nothing better than having your kid like a ride and want to get right back on it. That picture says it all.

Sounds like you had a near perfect day in the MK. You certainly got to ride a bunch of rides. Glad Reid decided to ride HM as well. My 5 yo nephew was so cute in the stretching room last June. When we exited to get on our doom buggy he calmly said "I was scared". So cute.

Ah - knocked over food. I remember those days very well. My son Nick knocked over a soda just about everytime we ate out. Glad it wasn't a hassle to replace it.
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:28 AM   #370
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,343

Great update! you really had me racking my old brain trying to remember where we were when you were doing the things you were... .and the rain? I kept thinking it rained that day? THEN I remembered!!! We had the wishes dessert party that night and wow...staying dry during that was a bit of a challenge.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #371
fi46re129
Mouseketeer
 
fi46re129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denville, NJ
Posts: 207

Despite the rain it sounds like you guys had a fantastic MK day! Love the pictures of the Storybrook Circus area. Very much looking forward to seeing it in March.

I will have to keep my eyes open for the water art. We have yet to see it.
__________________
Nick (29) Jen (28) Nicholas (8)

1995 ASSR, 1998 ASSR, 2002 Off Property, 2003 CR, 2008 Music, 2010 CS, 2010 Music, 2011 CBR, 2013 ASSR & POFQ
fi46re129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #372
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryllarsen View Post
Love the F&W festival. Absolutely favorite time to visit Disney!
I'm really glad we got to experience the Festival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryllarsen View Post
Glad you had a good trip. Can never make a mistake vacationing to DIsney!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Sounds like a great afternoon after a rough morning and despite the rain.
I have to say considering how much rain came down that day, we still got a lot done and had a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Yay! for Reid! How awesome that he liked all of the 'big boy' rides!
We were so happy....and relieved....that he liked his "big boy" rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
That Dumbo area...It wasn't open when we were there, but I can imagine how fun it would be to force DD out and onto the ride. I've heard that not everyone finds it super secure to let kids run about either.
Yeah, it really gave me major anxiety. As soon as he ran up into the play area, I was ready for him to come back down so we could leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I love the water art too! Isn't it so fun?
It really is!! I was so excited to finally see it in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
That's awesome that the CMs replaced the salad. That's the kind of thing that really sets Disney apart.
They were so incredibly nice to me which really helped any frustration I did have to disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Sounds like a good time in the MK...
It really turned out to be a fun day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I've seen the "water drawings" too...they are kind of a magical thing after the rain... can't believe people walked on them... some time you've got to take time to smell the roses...
I know, right?!? And the bad thing is, we were standing there looking at them & taking pictures. You would think those people would look down to see what was picture-worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
BTMR is the best "first" big kid kind of coaster... just enough zip and thrill to feel like a real coaster but not too crazy... yeah for Reid's first real coaster ride... (actually i think that little Goofini coaster -used to be the Barnstormer packs a punch for such a short little ride......it's surprising... you wouldn't think it was so...)
Yeah, I think they are both great for introducing coasters to kids. I remember BTMRR being one of the 1st coasters I really liked as a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I agree that they did a really nice job with Storybook Circus... I am kind of glad that my little guy is 10 so he's not as interested in playing in the waiting area... I could definitely see a couple years ago that they would be kind of nerve wracking keeping track of the comings and goings...
UGH - that play area is so stressful! I am going to have to do my best to steer him clear of it in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What an awesome update; and what fun you had despite the rain. So happy to hear that Reid did his first big people roller coaster and ended up loving it. And way to go in trying the Haunted Mansion (tell Reid I laugh at the underwear guy too).
Thanks! I was so happy when the paintings started stretching in the Haunted Mansion. I knew that painting was going to give him some comic relief. I was really proud of him for trying out some new rides that day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I loved my pulled pork sandwich at Cosmic Rays this month...it was yummy.
I didn't expect much when I ordered it but it ended up being really tasty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Amanda, Universal does things different with their packages. You have to take your credit card to a kiosk at the parks to get your tickets. I know I'm going to have difficulties, because the cc I used to book the package was a debit card for an account I closed, so I'm going to have to go to will call.
I gotcha! It's been forever since we've stayed at one of their hotels so I wasn't sure how they did it now.

I hope you don't have too much trouble getting your tickets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
What a great update! I'm so sorry about the on again, off again rain. That must have ben pretty frustrating.
Thank you!! The rain was pretty aggravating, but at least it didn't hold us back too much that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I'm glad Reid enjoyed the Barnstormer, and (maybe) Haunted Mansion, AND Big Thunder Mountain! That's just awesome! What a HUGE ride day for him!
It really was! I was so proud of him. And so happy that he enjoyed the coasters!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Your PP pics are so cute!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Woo Hoo! There is nothing better than having your kid like a ride and want to get right back on it. That picture says it all.
I was so happy that he loved BTMRR! He was telling anyone who would listen that he rode it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Sounds like you had a near perfect day in the MK. You certainly got to ride a bunch of rides. Glad Reid decided to ride HM as well. My 5 yo nephew was so cute in the stretching room last June. When we exited to get on our doom buggy he calmly said "I was scared". So cute.
Awww...that's cute! I was proud of Reid for giving it a try. I didn't care that he didn't want to ride it again. I just wanted to show him that he could ride it and be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Ah - knocked over food. I remember those days very well. My son Nick knocked over a soda just about everytime we ate out. Glad it wasn't a hassle to replace it.
Oh yes....it is all the time with Reid. I usually clean up a spill once or twice a day. If only I had a dollar for every time I said, "You just have to be careful and pay attention."

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Great update! you really had me racking my old brain trying to remember where we were when you were doing the things you were... .and the rain? I kept thinking it rained that day? THEN I remembered!!! We had the wishes dessert party that night and wow...staying dry during that was a bit of a challenge.
Thank you!! I can only imagine what a challenge that was that night. I hope y'all were still able to enjoy the dessert party. I've heard so many mixed reviews about it. Did you think it was worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi46re129 View Post
Despite the rain it sounds like you guys had a fantastic MK day! Love the pictures of the Storybrook Circus area. Very much looking forward to seeing it in March.
We really did! The Storybook Circus area is so well-themed. I could spend so much time there just taking pictures. The details are great! When you're there, make sure to look at the ground, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi46re129 View Post
I will have to keep my eyes open for the water art. We have yet to see it.
I was so excited to finally see some in person! Not that I wish for you to have rain on your trip, but if you have a day with a considerable amount of rain - definitely be on the lookout!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:15 AM   #373
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,177

Hi there It's been weeks since I've been on the Dis, and now I'm finally caught up on your TR!! Hope yall had a wonderful Christmas!

Ok...let me just say that Reid has really grown up since your WL/cruise trip!! Wow! It seems like he wanted to do a lot more rides AND stayed awake until midnight!! Just wait until he no longer needs any naps at all and wants to do extra magic hours at night....lots of fun!

Your IoA pics were super good. Bill and I would really like to take the kids there in the very near future. Now that all of them are tall enough to ride most things, I think they would have a blast. I've thought about staying in one of their hotels...of course this is all up in the air

So glad yall enjoyed Citricos! I totally agree....a WONDERFUL restaurant and worth a visit. The waiter we had was great, too, and very patient (we had the kids with us) If I remember correctly, we were there for about 2 hours...had a table by the window so the kids could get up and look and kinda walk around, not really disturbing anyone (I hope ) I knew Reid would love The Neverland Club....aren't they awesome there??!! My kids wanted to return, also....didn't happen, though. Maybe another trip.

And yay for you...convincing Ed to do another WDW visit Not hard to convince him, huh? Seems like he really enjoys the World

Yall have a Happy New Year!
Heather
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #374
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,343

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post


Thank you!! I can only imagine what a challenge that was that night. I hope y'all were still able to enjoy the dessert party. I've heard so many mixed reviews about it. Did you think it was worth it?

It was fine. For me, I got some good pics. So the viewing spot alone nearly made it worth it. However, I was not overly impressed with the dessert offerings. It seemed to be a lot of flavored creams/mouses. If there had been more actual pastries rather than dish after dish of one mouse or another i would have been happier. Tension was a bit high in our group too...so it made it hard to enjoy.

BTW, I finally did start a TR if you are interested.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #375
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,193

Happy New Year


__________________
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: