Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 12:45 AM   #331
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Tuesday, October 2nd - Magic Kingdom Part 1 continued

Once Reid was done trying to pull the sword out of the stone, we grabbed FPís for Winnie the Pooh. Then, it was time to use our FPís for Peter Pan. After that, I decided we should go here:

Reid let me know, in his own 4 year old way, that he was very unhappy with my decision. And I let him know, in my own Mommy way, that we were going into Mickeyís Philharmagic whether he liked it or now. And, of course, he ended up loving it just as he has in the past.

After that, it was time for us to use our Winnie the Pooh FPís.

This is one of my favorite pictures from our trip:

I also took a picture of Beastís castle while waiting in the FP line:

From there we went to the Teacups, which was another walk-on. Now, right before the ride started, we heard a little commotion by the side gate of the ride. Well, we turn around and what do we see? Alice is coming ride the teacups! Iíve never been on a ride when a character is riding. Iíve heard about it happening but had never seen it. She ended up riding in a teacup right next to ours. She rode with 2 girls, probably in their tweens. They were both so excited and it was fun to see some pixie dust thrown in the way of a little bit older kids.

We got off the Teacups and were trying to decide what to do next, when Tigger bounced right by us! I knew he must be heading to his meet & greet, so I hurried us over there. Weíve never met Pooh or Tigger before due to the long lines they get. Luckily, this time, we were the 2nd family in line and we didnít have to wait very long.

When it was Reidís turn, he ran right up to Tigger to give him big hugs!

I really felt kind of bad for Pooh Bear. Reid was just ignoring him. I had to remind him to tell him hello, too.

And then, it was all about Tigger again when it came to the final group shot.

amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #332
pas130
DIS Veteran

So cool that Alice rode the teacups

OK, like Reid, I LOVE Tigger...he really gives great hugs too

Amanda, MY favorite pic so far is Reid watching the Rope Drop Show...SO Precious that sweet face

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #333
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I love how Reid just seems to be loving it all, and just having a blast! It is true, his little face all lit up is adorable!. Sorry I seem to be using the word adorable over and over again to describe him, but I can't help it!!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #334
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Ok, first of all, I might have gotten closer to the new Fantasyland stuff than you did, but your pictures are way better. I probably took and deleted about 20 pictures of the Beast's castle and none of them look anywhere near as good as the one you posted. I so wish our camera wouldn't have acted up on us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
We had made it to Magic Kingdom in time for the Rope Drop show! I really love this show and insist on seeing it at least once every trip.
That show is just an amazing way to start the day.

You really did a good job of getting in and getting things done. It's always nice to be able to do almost a full days worth of rides in a couple of hours.

I've never been on a ride with a character either, but that really is kind of cool, and nice that Alice interacted with some older kids too. It is nice to see them involved instead of just catering to the younger ones all the time.

Reid looks like he had a lot of fun with Tigger. We didn't get to meet them this time, but I'm sure our DS would be the same way. He loves Tigger, but I'm not sure he'd pay any attention to Pooh.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #335
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Wow! Beautiful pictures!!!

That's so cool that Alice was riding with those girls! How fun!

Reid is adorable! What great timing you had to meet Tigger and Pooh!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #336
MEK
DIS Veteran

Well, you know the drill - I'll have to check back when I can see your pictures although it sounds like a great update.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #337
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

We've seen Alice ride before, we were still in line, very cool she was right next to you!

Love Reid with Tigger- so cute! Loving the report- thank you!
catherines_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #338
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Love the FLE pics! Can't wait to see it in person.

You guys got a lot of rides done that morning! I can't believe how many rides had short lines. Love that Alice got on the teacups, and with some older girls. What a great memory for them.

That's an amazing photo of Ed and Reid. I can see why you love it.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #339
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

luvin all the pics. Reid looks so happy meeting Tigger but poor Pooh bear
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #340
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great updates, Amanda. You got a lot done in the morning at the MK. I'm glad the photopass photographer was at the Sword for Reid. And I must agree with Reid...although I love Pooh, Tigger would be getting "all my love."
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #341
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I love the MK opening show, too! It's just wonderful. Good to see Marie has joined in on the fun! She is such a little cutie.

I'm sorry you just missed the preview of New Fantasyland! That really must stink. I can't wait to see it all either!

That PhilharMagic picture is SO pretty! I mean, I know it's just the building, but still. It just looks so pretty for some reason.

I've seen Aladdin and Jasmine riding the Magic Carpets right BEFORE I rode, but I've never been on a ride with a character either. How cute that you saw Alice! I just think it's the coolest thing ever that they have the characters ride the rides sometimes. It really adds to the magic!
marDgreen88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #342
fi46re129
Mouseketeer

I LOVE Reid's excitement in all these pictures! So adorable!

MK rope drop is my favorite! Best way to start the day, especially with Ohana in your tummies and no lines in Fantasyland! Sounds like the perfect start to a perfect MK day. :-)

What a awesome experience to see Alice on the tea cups! I thought those happenings were Disney myths! Lol

1995 ASSR, 1998 ASSR, 2002 Off Property, 2003 CR, 2008 Music, 2010 CS, 2010 Music, 2011 CBR, 2013 ASSR & POFQ
fi46re129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #343
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post

There was even a Photopass photographer there, so that was nice.

Continuation coming right up.........

Wow - that was great running into a PP photographer, but your candid shots of Reid are equally good. He just looks so thrilled to be at MK and by his smile I can tell that you guys had a great morning.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #344
holleypie
Mouseketeer

I'm home and just got caught up!

I kind of wanted to make it to MK for rope drop this time, but it never happened. I think I might have seen the show before but I don't really remember it. It looks like fun.

I love the sword pictures. That shot of Reid and his dad is great too--they look so much alike!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #345
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Well, I'm here and catching up! Prepare yourself for a VERY long response!

Reid is so cute in his car seat and I'm loving your updates on the car ride portion of the trip.

Also, I didn't know you were going on a cruise in the spring? Awesome! One of these days, we'll get around to that, too!

I totally get it about the cash thing; I never carry it, either. Its one of those things...you don't need it until you need it!

Max had that Mickey t-shirt Reid is wearing at Wide World of Sports. So cute! I love when I'm reading other people's TRs and spot Disney shirts Max owns.

You've just arrived at the Beach Club! And that sign is maybe my second favorite in all of Disney! Lol. Seriously, though, our July trip just solidified what I already knew was true: I love BC!

As for Mr. Huffy in the BC line: I still can't understand how you spend all the money you spend on a Disney vacation and show up with no plans and no clue. I wouldn't go to Paris without reading up on first! Sheesh.

Ah, yes...the toy face-off. We had way too many of those with Max on our second trip with him. The last two I told him that he had a "budget." He really wanted the monorail set and I said, sure, but it will blow your whole budget, so you have to really think about what you want before we buy anything. Worked like a charm!

Uh-oh...you're not loving the Beach Club? Interesting... Max was all over the pirate slide the first time we stayed at BC. This most recent trip he loved the big slide and went on it again and again and again...lol.

Sorry you a far awalk to your room. We got super lucky the first time and were moved to a room that was very close to the elevators. In July, that was my onw room request. At check-in, I discovered that hadn't granted it, but when I asked (nicely...no huffing for me!) they moved us to a room that was about five steps away from the elevator.

Why beat yourself up about your running time? You got to do your first Disrun and it was fifty minutes faster than all the people who never ran.

You opted NOT to go to SAB? Huh. Do I love going to pools that much more than the average person? Apparently, but then, I did swim competitively as a kid, so there's that.

Congrats to Ed for doing the 10 miler! I'm still in awe of people who run.

The Yacht Club is beautiful, too. A little different vibe, but just gorgeous. I love the red striped awnings outside, as well.

Yep, Beaches and Cream is always insanely busy. We've sat at the counter both times we've eaten there, actually.

Sorry you didn't fall in love with the Beach Club. It is the greatest, though, if you really love pool time. Also, EPCOT. I wonder if you would have felt at all differently had you gone in to EPCOT? I really just think that whole area is beautiful and would be happy to stay at any of those resorts. Then again, I'm the person who had an-almost MK view room at the Poly and didn't fall in love with that resort. I think we all see and want different things from our resorts. Luckily, there are so many to choose from!

But you're off to one of my new favorites: OKW! I really liked this resort. I think part of it is that I like the resorts that have any sort of beach-y,. Florida theme since you're in...you know...Florida! Go figure, right? Because you're in Louisiana the weather may not impact you as much, but I just enjoyed sitting in the breeze at OKW and relaxing. Made me want to pack up and move to Florida immediately.

Great costumes for the Halloween party! I'm terrible at coming up with costume ideas. Needless to say, my friend and I opted to go without costumes when went in October. Lol. But we saw some great ones, inlcuding my personal fave: a girl dressed as the computer tech girl from Spaceship Earth, afro included!

I know what you mean about just soaking in the atmosphere. I took almost no pictures in October and I can't say that I regert that decision. Especially since Max wasn't there, I really enjoyed being able to savor the moment. Plus, I'm not a great photographer.

Sorry about all the rain at MNSSHP. We've gotten ridiculously lucky with rain at Disney. As in, we've barely had any. Weird, right? I probably just cursed myself and now it will rain and be 65 degrees for my upcoming trip.

And what makes preschoolers inexplicably decide they don't want to do things at the last minute, like watch fireworks? And then a few minutes later, they do? You were not the least big wrong in ignoring him. When Max was going through his really horrendous trantrum throwing phase, that was one of my primary strategies: get him away from people if we were in public and then just let him have at it. Its so hard to know what's right.

Glad you had such a good time at the party! Reid looked like he had a blast!

Thanks for the update on the Great Wolf Lodge. The VA location and the PA location aren't all that far away. After I saw you mention that you were going on FB I checked them out and it looks really cool. It would be a neat add-on if we go back down to D.C. and then go down to Colonial Williamsburg.

I have zero desire to go to Universal. I think nearly all of their thrill rides would be a bit too thrilling for me. Suesslanding looks cool, though. I also never read Harry Potter and, at this point, am waiting for Max to be old enough and then maybe we'll read them together.

I'm so glad that your date night worked out well for you. The Neverland Club is great and Max enjoyed the one at the Beach Club, too. They do a great job with the kids' clubs. Not that I'd expect anything less from Disney, but you never know. Citrico's is excellent! Great service, great food, and its a nice, quite romantic spot.

I love the GF lobby. It makes me feel like I walked into Mary Poppins or Lady and the Tramp. If they ever renovate the rooms to look as amazing as the lobby, I would love to stay there.

Your tea cup pictures are incredible! Reid look so happy! I've heard of the whole character riding rides thing, but I've never seen it, either. And, you're right, how cool that she picked some slightly older kids?
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: