Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #316
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sorry for the meltdown, but Reid sure turns around quick with the smiles. I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast at Ohana (never been...perhaps if they offered different options for the family style we would consider it).

I think my favorite photos this round are Reid and Pluto.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #317
MEK
DIS Veteran

I have always wanted to try the breakfast at Ohana. I even had it scheduled once, but had to cancel for illness. Boo!

Can't see your pics now, but I will definitely stop back later today because I bet they are great.

Too bad Reid was not lving the lei, but at least he settled down for character and picture time.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #318
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Ah yes the dreaded Disney meltdown....you never know when it is going to rear it's head! Been there.....(ok not specifically at an 'Ohana Breakfast) but you get my drift!

It's their darn cuteness that saves the day....and Reid sure has that! Glad you were able to enjoy the breakfast and make it to MK for rope drop! Perfect!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #319
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Yum! Ohana sounds delish! I really want to try it! The character interaction looked great! Sorry Reid wasn't in the best mood. At least he cheered up! I can't wait to hear about MK!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #320
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Sorry about Reid's weird mood. I'm glad he enjoyed the characters! It looks like such a fun spot for breakfast!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #321
MEK
DIS Veteran

Those are adorable pictures of Reid with the characters! Especially Pluto!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #322
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Sorry Reid was being moody but glad you enjoyed O'Hana. I loved it there when we went.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #323
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you had a good experience at the Ohana breakfast well except for Reid- but doesn't that happy sometimes even with the best of them... I think Ohana is one of the best character breakfasts on site...

Your date night at Citricos sounds awesome... You sold me... I'm putting them on the ADR list for next summer...

I have to get to Universal... It really sounds like a good time... but the characters not having handlers? I can't even imagine that...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #324
fi46re129
Mouseketeer

Ohana is the best! One of our all time favorites as well. Stinks that it started with a meltdown but glad things turned around. I love it when we go at the beginning of the trip so we can cover the stroller in leis and find it faster in stroller parking!

1995 ASSR, 1998 ASSR, 2002 Off Property, 2003 CR, 2008 Music, 2010 CS, 2010 Music, 2011 CBR, 2013 ASSR & POFQ
fi46re129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #325
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

The Ohana breakfast looks great. Its a shame Reid wasn't at his best behavior, but I totally understand how that works. It looks like he managed to have a good time and enjoy it anyway though.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #326
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

So far behind...so very, very far behind!! First, so glad your Thanksgiving weekend turned out great! I have heard so many good things about the Great Wolf Lodges! We never tried staying there but it seems to get really good reviews. That room was adorable too!!

I adored your pictures of IoA! I have not been but we are thinking of trying it the next time we go to Orlando...whenever that may be! The Dr. Seuss area is so colorful and just looks so happy!

I am glad to hear the positive review on Citricos. I had contemplated going there in October but decided to forego a "fancy" dinner. And the price for the Neverland Club was great!

Finally...Ohana breakfast is one of our favorite character meals (Tusker House and CP are the other two). The food is usually good and I love that juice!!!! Sorry about the meltdown...yuck!!!!

Maybe I can stay caught up now that some craziness has passed!!
TinksThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #327
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I'm a few updates behind-

We have very similar taste in rides, I could happily ride the Hulk all day long, but you couldn't pay me to get on that free fall ride ever again! I made the mistake of letting DH talk me into it the one time we went to IoA, and I screamed "LET ME OFF" from the moment I was strapped in, until the ride was over.

I'm so glad that date night went so well! I agree that it is a really good deal, especially considering that it includes a meal. It is cheaper than the going hourly rate of a babysitter in the DC area, and I never thought I'd see the day when anything in Disney was cheaper than real life!

I'm glad that things ended up OK with your breakfast. I agree that family style is so much easier than buffets, especially with little kids. I'll have to keep it in mind for the future. I don't love the scrambled eggs, but I'd just have a good excuse to eat more bacon.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #328
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
It sounds like we had the same meal at 'Ohana! I really liked the food, the characters were good. No reason at all not to go back! You're right. The family style part is nice. No getting up and down and being afraid we'll miss this character or that.

Sorry Reid was being such a pistol. I hope that wasn't the theme of the day.
Yeah, I'm really glad I decided to try out that character meal. I think it's one of the better ones we've gone to.

Well....let's just say it was the theme of the morning with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
That was really neat

This is what I like about the family style too....truth be told...I never get to eat much when I am feeding everyone else...

Hubs always quotes a line from A Christmas story "My mother hasnít had a hot meal in 15 years"~that's me
Love that movie & love that line! It's so true! I can't even imagine for you. I only have one and hardly every get a hot meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
I'm on finally caught up and excited for the update. We've never done Ohana breakfast and it sounds amazing! I'm glad y'all had a good time after Reid's meltdowns. You know we'll never believe he acts like that because he's just so cute in this pics. LOL
It really is a nice meal! I say it's definitely worth a try.

He better be thankful he's cute! He'd stay in a lot more trouble if he weren't.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #329
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sorry for the meltdown, but Reid sure turns around quick with the smiles. I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast at Ohana (never been...perhaps if they offered different options for the family style we would consider it).

I think my favorite photos this round are Reid and Pluto.
I'm glad we gave 'Ohana a try. I think it was a good fit for our family and I could actually see us returning there.

Thanks....he really had so much fun playing around with Pluto. It was hard for me to be mad at him at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I have always wanted to try the breakfast at Ohana. I even had it scheduled once, but had to cancel for illness. Boo!

Can't see your pics now, but I will definitely stop back later today because I bet they are great.

Too bad Reid was not lving the lei, but at least he settled down for character and picture time.
I say it's definitely worth trying out at least once. I loved that it wasn't a buffet!

Yeah, I was glad he swung his mood in the other direction so that the entire breakfast wasn't ruined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Ah yes the dreaded Disney meltdown....you never know when it is going to rear it's head! Been there.....(ok not specifically at an 'Ohana Breakfast) but you get my drift!

It's their darn cuteness that saves the day....and Reid sure has that! Glad you were able to enjoy the breakfast and make it to MK for rope drop! Perfect!
Thanks! You're so right....if they weren't so cute we could stay mad all day at them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Yum! Ohana sounds delish! I really want to try it! The character interaction looked great! Sorry Reid wasn't in the best mood. At least he cheered up! I can't wait to hear about MK!
It was a nice meal! I would consider going back there on future trips. And I certainly don't feel that way about all character meals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Sorry about Reid's weird mood. I'm glad he enjoyed the characters! It looks like such a fun spot for breakfast!
It was nice breakfast...minus Reid's initial behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Those are adorable pictures of Reid with the characters! Especially Pluto!
Awww...thanks! He had so much fun with Pluto that morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Sorry Reid was being moody but glad you enjoyed O'Hana. I loved it there when we went.
It is a nice breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I'm glad you had a good experience at the Ohana breakfast well except for Reid- but doesn't that happy sometimes even with the best of them... I think Ohana is one of the best character breakfasts on site...
I have to agree! For the price especially....this is a great character meal choice!

Quote:
Your date night at Citricos sounds awesome... You sold me... I'm putting them on the ADR list for next summer...
Yes, go! We truly enjoyed our meal there. I was a little worried at first since the service started out slow. But by the time we got our appetizers, it didn't even matter. It was a lovely dinner!

Quote:
I have to get to Universal... It really sounds like a good time... but the characters not having handlers? I can't even imagine that...
It's such a nightmare without handlers for the characters! Part of me was glad Reid only wanted to meet Spiderman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi46re129 View Post
Ohana is the best! One of our all time favorites as well. Stinks that it started with a meltdown but glad things turned around. I love it when we go at the beginning of the trip so we can cover the stroller in leis and find it faster in stroller parking!
I'm really glad we finally had breakfast there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
The Ohana breakfast looks great. Its a shame Reid wasn't at his best behavior, but I totally understand how that works. It looks like he managed to have a good time and enjoy it anyway though.
Oh yeah....he was happy with everyone BUT me. I should be used to it by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
So far behind...so very, very far behind!! First, so glad your Thanksgiving weekend turned out great! I have heard so many good things about the Great Wolf Lodges! We never tried staying there but it seems to get really good reviews. That room was adorable too!!
No worries....I completely understand! We really had such a nice getaway during Thanksgiving. It was so much fun!

Quote:

I adored your pictures of IoA! I have not been but we are thinking of trying it the next time we go to Orlando...whenever that may be! The Dr. Seuss area is so colorful and just looks so happy!
Thanks! I think y'all would definitely have fun spending a day or two or there.

Quote:

I am glad to hear the positive review on Citricos. I had contemplated going there in October but decided to forego a "fancy" dinner. And the price for the Neverland Club was great!
I definitely recommend trying out Citricos! It was so yummy and it was a really nice night for Ed and I.

Quote:

Finally...Ohana breakfast is one of our favorite character meals (Tusker House and CP are the other two). The food is usually good and I love that juice!!!! Sorry about the meltdown...yuck!!!!
That juice...! We really liked the food and would go back there again.

Quote:

Maybe I can stay caught up now that some craziness has passed!!
I know...I feel like I'm hardly on the boards these days. Don't hate me but I'm gonna try to post another update either tonight or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I'm a few updates behind-

We have very similar taste in rides, I could happily ride the Hulk all day long, but you couldn't pay me to get on that free fall ride ever again! I made the mistake of letting DH talk me into it the one time we went to IoA, and I screamed "LET ME OFF" from the moment I was strapped in, until the ride was over.
Sounds like we had a very similar experience on Dr. Doom's Fearfall! I've never been so terrified in all my life.

Quote:
I'm so glad that date night went so well! I agree that it is a really good deal, especially considering that it includes a meal. It is cheaper than the going hourly rate of a babysitter in the DC area, and I never thought I'd see the day when anything in Disney was cheaper than real life!
I know, right?!? I couldn't get over how "cheap" the club was. We'll definitely be doing that again. And it was so nice to be able to have a nice date night with Ed. We both said how much we regretted never doing that during our Disney trips before we had Reid. But, when you don't have kids you tend to take things like that for granted.

Quote:
I'm glad that things ended up OK with your breakfast. I agree that family style is so much easier than buffets, especially with little kids. I'll have to keep it in mind for the future. I don't love the scrambled eggs, but I'd just have a good excuse to eat more bacon.
I think even if you didn't want the eggs that there would be enough for a good breakfast: fruit, bacon, bread, Mickey waffles, potatoes, sausage. I would definitely give it a try. It's reasonably priced, the food is good and it's so nice to just sit down for a character meal.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:43 AM   #330
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Tuesday, October 2nd - Magic Kingdom Part 1

We had made it to Magic Kingdom in time for the Rope Drop show! I really love this show and insist on seeing it at least once every trip. Even Reid was excited:

And soon it was time for the show to start:

Then, we were finally on our way into the Magic Kingdom! I wanted to stick to a decent touring strategy this day, so we didnít linger too long upon entering. We quickly started making our way down Main Street towards the Castle:

We walked through the Castle and went straight to our first order of business: grab FPís for Peter Pan. Once that was done, we noticed how short the line was so we hopped in the standby and only waited about 5 minutes before taking our first flight to Neverland!

After Peter Pan, we went across to Itís a Small World, which was a walk-on.

Once we were done with our happy little cruise, we headed to the Carousel. It was also a walk-on.

The horse Reid wanted to ride was on the inside of the Carousel and I could not get any good shots of him. So, I took some shots of New Fantasyland stuff instead.

Prince Ericís castle:

Can I tell yíall how disappointed I was that this wasnít open during our trip?

The new walls:

Theyíre really lovely!

And the step-sisters were by the walls with Lady Tremaine:

After his ride on the Carousel, Reid wanted to try something new for him:

There was even a Photopass photographer there, so that was nice.

Continuation coming right up.........

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: