Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #256
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Wow, sounds like you are going to have a very exciting Thanksgiving weekend! How fun that you are headed to a resort, that is really the way to spend a holiday weekend! The polar express train sounds like fun too, we're going to do something similar with Everett that same weekend for his birthday, I'll be interested to hear how your train ride went!

Happy Thanksgiving!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #257
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I highly recommend the surprises at least once! I hope you will magically get what you wish for next year at WDW as far as resorts go!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #258
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Hello! I know...long time, no Dis-boards! I'm trying to make my back and when I saw your post on my FB page, I wanted to come here and check out that yes, you have in fact, started your TR. So, here I am...FINALLY! With a lot of catching up to do!

Hey there Tina! Good to see you round here again!

(sorry to hijack, Amanda...just had to say hello to Tina since I haven't seen her on dis in a VERY long time. )
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:23 AM   #259
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Wow, sounds like you are going to have a very exciting Thanksgiving weekend! How fun that you are headed to a resort, that is really the way to spend a holiday weekend! The polar express train sounds like fun too, we're going to do something similar with Everett that same weekend for his birthday, I'll be interested to hear how your train ride went!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Yes....it's going to be a very busy but (hopefully) really fun week. I'll do a little update about our non-Disney getaway when we get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
I highly recommend the surprises at least once! I hope you will magically get what you wish for next year at WDW as far as resorts go!
I really hope I can keep it a secret! And I just really hope it all works out. I'm so stressed that our school board will decide to do away with the Fall Break or move it to a different week. Hopefully, it will all work out and we'll be able to trade into a DVC property of out choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Hey there Tina! Good to see you round here again!

(sorry to hijack, Amanda...just had to say hello to Tina since I haven't seen her on dis in a VERY long time. )
No worries! I completely understand.....I was happy to see her here, too!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:26 AM   #260
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Monday, October 1st - IoA Part 1

Despite our late night at MNSSHP, I was determined to get us up early the next morning. My alarm went off at 6:30 am and, believe it or not, I only hit the snooze button once! I was out of the bed by 6:40 am and got myself ready for the day.

Around 7:15 am, I started to get the guys up. Understandably, Reid did not want to get up. After a little bit of prodding, he finally got up and got ready for the day. This day we did breakfast in our room with provisions from home.

By 8:25 am, we were on the road and headed to Islands of Adventure. Ed and I were a bit worried that we would run into morning work traffic. We got turned around leaving Disney but quickly got going in the right direction and we were able to make it to Universal for 8:45 am. We decided to try the preferred parking on this trip. It is only $5 more than regular parking and you get to park on the level that actually leads into CityWalk.

We made our way through CityWalk and on to Islands of Adventure. I had not purchased our tickets prior to our arrival so we had to stop at a ticket booth to take care of that. Finally, we were in the park by 9:10 am!

By the way, thatís not fog in the picture. Itís steam on my lens. Yeah, it was already that hot. In fact, I pretty much battled steam on my lens this entire trip. Unfortunately, most of the time I didnít realize my lens was steamed up until after I had taken the picture.

Anyway, once we were in the park we headed to Reidís favorite area:

I have to admit - I really love this area, too! Reid and I love Dr. Seuss stories so itís a lot of fun to see them come to life here. The theming is fantastic! I could take pictures here all day long.

The first order of business was the traditional first ride for Ed and Reid:

Even Ed really likes this ride, especially the little song it plays. You have to listen to the directions in the song to know what to do with your fish. If you donít follow the directions, you get soaked.....like the couple who was riding at the same time as the guys.

Up next was another favorite of Reidís:

There was absolutely no wait so we actually ended up riding this 2 times in a row.

After our escapades with the Cat in the Hat, we headed to the Caro-Seuss-el.

Ahhh....the Truffula Trees!!

Once the guys were off of the Caro-Seuss-el, it was off to check out a part of Seuss Landing we had never gone to before........

amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:10 AM   #261
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

luvin the update. You broke the no pictures rule on cat in the hat but I'm glad you did because most of mine came out blurry on that
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #262
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

What gorgeous colors at Seuss Landing! I think that area looks so amazing. Maddie and I love Dr. Seuss books too- I bet she'd love it there. Bryan and I haven't been to US since our honeymoon. We'll have to make getting back there a priority one of these days.

How have you been? I feel like I'm never on the DIS anymore. Makes me sad. Darn life getting in the way.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:01 AM   #263
fi46re129
Mouseketeer

Great update. I also enjoyed Ed's update on the run!

I LOVE surprise trips! We never let Nicholas know we are going. We deny it for as long as manly possible ( even after we ride the monorail in the MCO airport) bahahaha. It definitely adds something to the trip. Although now that he is 8 and reading like a mad man pulling it off next year is going to be hard!

1995 ASSR, 1998 ASSR, 2002 Off Property, 2003 CR, 2008 Music, 2010 CS, 2010 Music, 2011 CBR, 2013 ASSR & POFQ
fi46re129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:25 AM   #264
pas130
DIS Veteran

Love Dr. Seuss land Amanda!!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #265
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Hi there!

Since we're out of school this week, I finally had time to catch up! So glad you and Ed both conquered the runs! Good for y'all!!! Even though you didn't do as well as you had hoped, it's still an accomplishment...most people will never run a 5k and certainly not a 10 miler. Maybe Ed can do one of the Halfs at Disney (and secretly, that would get you back to Disney ) I wish I could run again but the knees won't allow it. Fortunately, DS11 is taking up the sport...he's running cross country at school.

Y'all really got some great shots! Love looking at the pictures!! MNSSHP is awesome, isn't it?! And I totally agree with you...the parade is the best! The music alone grabs your attention. Your costumes are perfect!! You've given me an idea for my family Bill would go for that without any complaints. I'm thinking Faith could be Tinkerbell.

Glad OKW didn't disappoint! I've always been skeptical, too. It seems so far removed from everything....however I know it's not....just my perception. If it's not 100 feet within the MK, I'm skeptical As my husband tells me..."You're RIDICULOUS". In all honesty, I have to stay there one day to complete my "I have stayed in every resort" list

So glad yall had a great time! Look forward to reading more!!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #266
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I've never done anything other than walk through/past Seuss Landing. I guess that will all be changing in a couple of weeks. I've always thought it seemed to be a well themed area and I'm sure DS will love it.

Thanks for the heads up about the song on the One Fish, Two Fish ride.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #267
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I only vaugely remember Seuss landing from our one and only trip to IoA, so I'm really enjoying your photographic tour!

Looks like a super fun place for the kiddos! I'll be interested to see how the rest of your day went, we're toying with maybe going over for a day in April, since they are offering free tickets to military members, but I wasn't sure if there would be enough to do for DS to justify buying a ticket for me and Everett. Maybe I'll just send DH over for a morning, because I know he'd LOVE HP land. Decisions, decisions.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #268
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I know next to nothing about Universal, but I've always been a major Dr. Seuss fan! Seuss Landing looks so cute! I wish Truffula trees were real!
Old 11-21-2012, 06:14 AM   #269
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Oh! I am glad you went to Universal just so I could read all about it! My dd will be 5 in January and we have contemplated what is the "right" age to lose a couple Disney days in favor of checking out US & IOA. We have both been to Universal, dh has been to IOA but dd has been to neither. Looks like she would have plenty to amuse herself at her age right now!

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #270
MEK
DIS Veteran

Very nice that you are already planning for next october. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your timeshare to DVC switch comes through. If you do end up staying at the Boardwalk, you will love it for F&W access. Love that place!

Can't see pics right now. I didn't know you were going to IOA. Fun. Sounds like you are off to a good start for your morning. I shall return to see the pics!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: