Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
snorkelfool
Earning My Ears

Jedi Training with almost 4 year old?

How strict are they with the age requirement for Jedi Training? My son will be a month shy of 4 when we go next week and would love to be able to do it.

I've prepped him that he is not old enough to do it so that he doesn't get his hopes up. I am willing to try to sign him up if there is a good chance he would be allowed to do it, but I don't want to waste time in the morning trying to sign up only to be turned away. So, what are the chances they would let him do it?

He's tall and looks 4 if that makes any difference. lol

Thanks for any feedback!
snorkelfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Be honest and let them know his age. Usually if YOU think the child will do it - they will allow it.

Once we went to BBB with my older DD and the fairy godmothers begged to do DD too - we were the only ones there and I think they were bored. I told them that she was only two and they said if she will sit for it they would like to do it. So they do bend those rules from time to time.
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
jenrose66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelfool View Post
How strict are they with the age requirement for Jedi Training? My son will be a month shy of 4 when we go next week and would love to be able to do it.

I've prepped him that he is not old enough to do it so that he doesn't get his hopes up. I am willing to try to sign him up if there is a good chance he would be allowed to do it, but I don't want to waste time in the morning trying to sign up only to be turned away. So, what are the chances they would let him do it?

He's tall and looks 4 if that makes any difference. lol

Thanks for any feedback!
They were strict for me. I have two DS's and my oldest is 6 and my youngest is almost 4. He speaks well and is 40 inches tall so he looks older than 3...

When I went to sign up the first thing they asked for was ages of the child and my older DS gave both their ages and they wouldn't let younger DS do it.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:42 AM   #4
Babbletrish
DIS Veteran

Exclamation

There's a reason for the strict age limits. Our tour guide for Keys To The Kingdom (fantastic experience, BTW) played Darth Vader in the show for a little while. He said it's easily the hardest character job in the park and that he eventually had to quit. He explained, "I couldn't take it anymore. I felt like once I showed up onstage, I ruined the littlest kids' whole days they were so intimidated by me. Meanwhile, I was getting bruises all up and down my legs from the oldest kids."
Babbletrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #5
DISNEYWITHCHILDREN
Mouseketeer

They allowed my dd who was a month shy of 4. I was honest. Because she was able to answer the questions and obviously wanted to do it they allowed it.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #6
pooh4evr
Mouseketeer
In STL we drink soda and eat barbecue, use realators, eat sherbert, and drive on rout farty far

It is difficult for the little ones to participate and not interrupt the flow of the show, they should probably up the age to 5 . That said my DD did it last yr at 4, she had trouble with the lightsaber, and when it was her turn with Vader she had trouble again, the Jedi was great and helped her out but it can be a bit intense (little ones screaming , crying from Vader) stick to the age limit, save it for when they are actually old enough, Disney has it for their reasons. Also with as popular as the show is I would be ticked if they let a 3 yr old do it and a kid the right age was denied..., and surprised they would give the spot away
Old 10-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #7
BrookeMQ
Mouseketeer

They let my little boy do it when he was just shy of 4. He wore his star wars stuff and answered the questions. It wasn't a busy day so that may have had something to do with it.

It can't hurt to ask. Just have a back up plan that will distract your son if they say no. Something that will excite him again. (we were going to let ours buy a blaster gun
BrookeMQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #8
snorkelfool
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the input!
snorkelfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #9
jenrose66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babbletrish View Post
There's a reason for the strict age limits. Our tour guide for Keys To The Kingdom (fantastic experience, BTW) played Darth Vader in the show for a little while. He said it's easily the hardest character job in the park and that he eventually had to quit. He explained, "I couldn't take it anymore. I felt like once I showed up onstage, I ruined the littlest kids' whole days they were so intimidated by me. Meanwhile, I was getting bruises all up and down my legs from the oldest kids."
I found Vader scary! It wasn't a big deal, my younger DS was happy to watch. However, he's a mature 3 and I think he would have been able to do it. They wouldn't even ask him questions. The woman doing sign up that day must be used to people giving her a hard time or something because you can tell she wasn't going to budge...and I'm not the type to argue, just not worth it to me...plus I know rules are rules for a reason, however, not really fair that some will let almost 4's do it and some won't.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: