Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
katienaps
Earning My Ears

St. Thomas Excursion for 3 yrs-70yrs

Going on Fantasy in December and stopping in St. Thomas. We have a 3, 5 and 7 year old (plus 70 yr old Grandma, in relatively great shape). Would like some beach time and to do a little snorkeling.

We are finding the Disney excursions are not a great fit for us. I've seen the ferry to St. John and some of the beaches, like Trunk Bay. I just need to know how easy it is to get there .... if we don't do an excursion, we'll need to schlep our stuff - which we don't mind, if its just a ferry. But, not really interested if its a ferry, cab, hike to get there.

We have been to Megans Bay and while beautiful, I don't think the snorkeling is great and think the beauty will likely escape my kids.

Any advice appreciated.
katienaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
TXDCLfan
Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katienaps View Post
Going on Fantasy in December and stopping in St. Thomas. We have a 3, 5 and 7 year old (plus 70 yr old Grandma, in relatively great shape). Would like some beach time and to do a little snorkeling.

We are finding the Disney excursions are not a great fit for us. I've seen the ferry to St. John and some of the beaches, like Trunk Bay. I just need to know how easy it is to get there .... if we don't do an excursion, we'll need to schlep our stuff - which we don't mind, if its just a ferry. But, not really interested if its a ferry, cab, hike to get there.

We have been to Megans Bay and while beautiful, I don't think the snorkeling is great and think the beauty will likely escape my kids.

Any advice appreciated.
Give Coki beach a try, it is a cheap cab ride each way and the snorkeling is good down at the far end. you also can get some decent food at Coral world which is at the other end.
TXDCLfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: