Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
my2mickeykids
Mouseketeer

Question Anyone Have a Picture of Disney Cruise Autograph Book

I would love to see what the autograph book looks like. Trying to decide if I should get one before we leave or wait and get the cruise one on the boat.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:39 AM   #2
Jey12
DIS Veteran

If you go to the DCL website and look under gifts just scroll down and there's a picture of the autograph book. I believe it's $18 and comes with postcards as well. We are going to have this sent as an in room welcome gift for our DD.

Here's the link, it's called the memories package.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/pl...and-amenities/
Jey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2010, 05:27 AM   #3
Sukie
DIS Veteran

Thanks Jey12

That stuff looks so cool. My daughter and I are planning a 2012 trip on the "DREAM". I guess I will have to order some things.

Sukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #4
my2mickeykids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jey12 View Post
If you go to the DCL website and look under gifts just scroll down and there's a picture of the autograph book. I believe it's $18 and comes with postcards as well. We are going to have this sent as an in room welcome gift for our DD.

Here's the link, it's called the memories package.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/pl...and-amenities/
Thank you!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:35 PM   #5
su_kraft
If I plan it, will you come?

the pictures don't do it justice, but we got this one on board last September. Each page has a side for a photo and a side for the autograph.

Cover:

Inside:
su_kraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
Belle4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_kraft View Post
the pictures don't do it justice, but we got this one on board last September. Each page has a side for a photo and a side for the autograph.

Cover:

Inside:
Does anyone know if they still sell a book similar to this one onboard? Trying to decide if I should wait to buy this onboard or if I should buy something ahead of time to bring with us. We will be sailing on the Magic in Dec. I have a boy though so would prefer one without Ariel.
Belle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
stitchandco
Earning My Ears

We just got back from a cruise on the Fantasy and they definitely sell autograph books in the gift shop. I think they had about 3 or 4 options.
stitchandco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #8
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

They had at least 2 or 3 options when we cruised on the Dream last February. As a note...if you plan to collect a lot of autographs, the books with the photo pages only hold about 12 autographs. We actually didn't realize we had purchased that version until we got back to our stateroom and opened it, and ended up needing to buy a 2nd book because DD filled the first. My preference would have been the "standard" autograph book that has ~50 pages for the same price, and we just paste a picture into it anyway (rather than buying the books with photo pages).

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #9
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

You can buy before too, which I'm thinking I might do. The online store has one: http://www.disneystore.com/stationer...14501/1000252/

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #10
Belle4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
They had at least 2 or 3 options when we cruised on the Dream last February. As a note...if you plan to collect a lot of autographs, the books with the photo pages only hold about 12 autographs. We actually didn't realize we had purchased that version until we got back to our stateroom and opened it, and ended up needing to buy a 2nd book because DD filled the first. My preference would have been the "standard" autograph book that has ~50 pages for the same price, and we just paste a picture into it anyway (rather than buying the books with photo pages).

Enjoy your cruise!
Very good point!! Plus I might not get a picture with all the characters that signed so it might be best to get a regular one and past the pics in later.
Belle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #11
Kimosabe
DIS Veteran

We love the photo versions of the Disney autograph books, as they tend to be slightly bigger from a width/height standpoint. I have seen the non-photo DCL version available on the Disney Store website, as someone posted the link above, but any idea if the DCL (not WDW) photo versions are available anywhere other than on the ships? We always like to be prepared ahead of time in case we have an opportunity for a picture/autograph before we can get to the gift shop (especially since it will not be open until we leave the port). I did some Googling/searching and have come up short so far.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #12
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimosabe View Post
We love the photo versions of the Disney autograph books, as they tend to be slightly bigger from a width/height standpoint. I have seen the non-photo DCL version available on the Disney Store website, as someone posted the link above, but any idea if the DCL (not WDW) photo versions are available anywhere other than on the ships? We always like to be prepared ahead of time in case we have an opportunity for a picture/autograph before we can get to the gift shop (especially since it will not be open until we leave the port). I did some Googling/searching and have come up short so far.
That's a great point! We were very frustrated last winter because we couldn't get an autograph book until after leaving Port Canaveral. And then when DD filled her book, we had trouble getting another because the onboard gift shops are closed when in port - on a shorter cruise, you actually spend more time in port than on the water.

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question. I know last winter we couldn't find DCL autograph books online, though some have indicated finding them more recently. I think DCL merchandise available through the disneystore.com changes frequently. I suggest checking regularly.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: