Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #106
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by MummyMinnie

Oh my goodness they are amazing. We are taking our Cinderella a week on Saturday I'm really hoping they have some left told her not to get her hopes up!, will make do with a bag if not, thats lovely on its own!!!
Do they measure for the shoes as well? As I think she's in between sizes?

You ask what size you want and they ask if they want to try them on def try them on though as they seem quiet narrow compared to normal shoes we buy from next. DD in clarks measures as a size 3 E but these aren't far off fitting her properly. If she is between sizes I would expect the bigger size would fit x
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #107
MummyMinnie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
You ask what size you want and they ask if they want to try them on def try them on though as they seem quiet narrow compared to normal shoes we buy from next. DD in clarks measures as a size 3 E but these aren't far off fitting her properly. If she is between sizes I would expect the bigger size would fit x
Thanks, I'm so excited, trying to play it down for her though in case they don't have them, think I'll be the one most disappointed . The experience will be good though.
August 2008 - Citea Magny le Hongre
January 2009 - Santa Fe
July 2009 - Kyriad

January 2010 - Santa Fe

October 2010 (Halloweeeeen) - Kyriad
April 2011 Explorers / Santa Fe
June 2012 - Chanteloup on Brie/Explorers
August 2012 - Serris apartments

May 2013 - Explorers
May 2014 Novotel Collegien/Magic Circus
MummyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #108
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by MummyMinnie View Post
Thanks, I'm so excited, trying to play it down for her though in case they don't have them, think I'll be the one most disappointed . The experience will be good though.
It's amazing in there I am so glad we got to go. I hope you have a great time. Harrods is just beautiful I was shocked as I have never been before.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #109
Smoosh
Earning My Ears

Ahhh! Me and DFi are planning on going to London sometime before we go to DLP to visit his family and also go to Winter Wonderland, I definitely think I can squeeze in a trip to Harrods!

DLP, Dream Castle, December 2012
Kissimmee 2003

Smoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #110
pascalstongue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989

The beautiful box

The little heat buckle

Pretty bow

Side view

Inside is Cinderella
Those shoes look so beautiful. We have an appointment at santas grotto tomorrow and will go to the disney section after to look around and get DD some shoes. So excited!!

pascalstongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #111
netimka
DIS Veteran

for those who haven't been yet to caffe harrods put some photos on their fb page and also menu can be find here

http://www.harrods.com/content/the-s...A9-by-harrods/

and some photos....

we will be there on Monday... cannot wait
Old 11-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #112
netimka
DIS Veteran

sorry dont know why all pictures are so big as just copied them from FB so those who dont use it... but at least you can see all in details
Old 11-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #113
pascalstongue
DIS Veteran

We were there last week. If you have an appointment with father christmas and buy the photo you should be given a voucher for 20% off in any harrods eaterie. It made the cost of the Disney cafe much more reasonable.

pascalstongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #114
zokaluse
Mouseketeer

We had our visit to Santa and the pop up Disney on Tuesday - photos are rubbish as on iphone & rushed...but here goes:

The windows...and the relections of the shops opposite

Cinderellas carriage

The castle

Snow White

Some of the seven dwarves beds and the animals

The Wicked Queens Mirror

Tiana

Mulan

Pocohontas

Ariels Window Area

Jasmine

Belle

Rapunzel

Aurora

Continued...
Old 11-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #115
zokaluse
Mouseketeer

We ate lunch where we usually do on our Harrods Visit - Cafe Concerto just on the opposite side of the road up a bit - the food is lovely.
Adams

DD's

Mine - the veg was silly 2 batons of carrot & 2 green beans!!!!

DD's Pudding Starwberry ice cream - she hardly ate any as it tasted false!

Adam's - his ice cream was not good either but waffle beautiful

Mine - very nice

Part of the Grotto - TV screen were Mrs Christmas telling the story of Henry the harrods electric delivery van 100 yr anniversary

The baubles in the decor had litttle screens in that said Merry Christmas in every language on rotation

Harrods Disney Pop up Area

Outside the Disney cafe

Cinderella shoes DD size 8 child (aged 3) they are narrow fitting which is great as she usually only has start rights her feet are that narrow

The Box they come in

Photo of the Santa Photo - the real pic is lovely!

Photo of the Princess package photo - DD chose Arial, again real one is truly lovely

DD was totally in her element and loved everything - she loved the photo shoot and the guys actually spent 30 mins with her opposed to the supposed 15 they were fab!

We bought her the Ariel dress to put away for Christmas from Santa, she has been after it for a while but Disney store have said it won't be in til next summer - it was only £25 as where all the dresses but tbh I didnt think much of them, they were very basic with transfer (you know those ones that tear away in the tumble dryer) on the front, we much prefer the Disney store ones.
We bought 2 tiarras too - but on looking at the receipts to see the total days damage the next day we were not charged for them - the venture guys had gotten them out the back for us so don't know if that was intentional as they did love her (she's such a poser and big character)

We also bought a princess toiletries bag filled with makeup and nail varnishes & little teeny hair clip tiaras etc - DD kept picking it up every time we walked past it, so that too was going away from santa...but I had left the bag at the end of the hall and little miss went in it & found it with delight...I told her it was a christmas surprise from us & she had to wait til then (Must remember not to do it from santa as sure as I'm me she wont forget!).
Thankfully she didn't see all the other bits & bobs. Just minnie and princess make up & nail stuff and a few princess bits like book light etc.

We went on Tuesday & it was quite quiet but a bit of a mess for Harrods to be honest, books damaged and things like that & no others in stock. Also the dresses were all limited and we had to get DD a 3-4 which is a bit tight on the shoulders though fine everywhere else but I like to get more than a few months out of them so usually buy a size up!!

The staff where fab and spoilt her rotten with a harrods ribbon for her bunnie (he goes everywhere with her) and making a fuss of him too, colouring with her whilst we scouted around to get the bits & bobs bought and just generally wonderful.

Hope those that are going have as good a day as we had!
Old 11-24-2012, 02:07 AM   #116
MummyMinnie
Mouseketeer

Loving the pics, we're off today and combining with Hyde Parks Winter Wonderland, fingers crossed they still have some shoes in my daughters size.
January 2009 - Santa Fe
July 2009 - Kyriad

January 2010 - Santa Fe

May 2013 - Explorers
Old 11-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #117
netimka
DIS Veteran

we off to Harrods on Monday... thanks for remaining about 20% coupon from buying santa pics, we got one last year as well and I forgot about it...
just wonder if you could use this £10 booking fee at the disney boutique? if no, not a problem will spend it in the Christmas store bit and we are going to winter wonderland after this as well, are you walking there?( ps just checked google map and it says 17 mins of walking, if we wont get lost somewhere on the way

tia

Last edited by netimka; 11-24-2012 at 08:29 AM.
netimka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #118
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Is there any Christmas decorations stuff/adult things to buy? Or is it all for children?

Thanks
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #119
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by netimka
we off to Harrods on Monday... thanks for remaining about 20% coupon from buying santa pics, we got one last year as well and I forgot about it...
just wonder if you could use this £10 booking fee at the disney boutique? if no, not a problem will spend it in the Christmas store bit and we are going to winter wonderland after this as well, are you walking there?( ps just checked google map and it says 17 mins of walking, if we wont get lost somewhere on the way

tia
The walk from Hyde park to harrods was lovely we walked through it from the train station to harrods DD would of stayed there all day I think lol.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:48 AM   #120
MummyMinnie
Mouseketeer

Whoo hoo we got or Cinderella some shoes! Have to say we had the most amazing day despite the heavy rain. We were expecting the boutique to be packed out being a Saturday but we were pleasantly surprised. We arrived late morning and there was only one person in the queue. My daughter was served by 'Prince Charming' - he was so nervous but lovely with her and insisted we could find a far more handsome Prince Charming elsewhere - bless!. The shoes really are beautiful and I think a reasonable price.
We decided to go to see Santas grotto even though I hadn't booked and surprised to see this virtually empty and was asked if we'd like to go in and see Santa! Brilliant to see Mrs Christmas and the Sugar Plum fairy too. Hyde Park Winter Wonderland was also a great experience and I think it's something that could turn into an annual event for us.

For those of you off to Harrods soon have a really good time, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
January 2009 - Santa Fe
July 2009 - Kyriad

January 2010 - Santa Fe

May 2013 - Explorers

Display Modes Rate This Thread