Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #1
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

HNY / Email questions.

Hi all

We are off in two weeks and I have some questions please.

1 - What time does the HNY pool open and close? Is it a nice pool?

2 - Does anyone have the email address? Im going to chance letting them know its DS's birthday.

3 - What time is Dreams currently showing at midweek?

4 - Any ideas for special things to do on his birthday? Its the Thursday when we are there. I'll bring him to City Hall for his badge and phone call from Mr. Mouse but was there anything else? I'm debating a cake but it would be a waste between 3 of us and I'm down 20lbs on my diet and do not need to eat them back on!!

5 - Where do we meet characters in the HNY in the mornings?

Thanks in advance (did i mention we are SO excited )
Kiz
x

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Cheyenne - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Just rang them (seing as it's you ) and was told that the pool is open from 7.00-21.45 same hours as the gym
Looks like this - the indoor part at least

Dreams is shown at park closing so for example if the park closes at 19.00 it will be on then and finish for 19.25

You could get the cake and then either have it boxed up to eat later or cut it up and offer parts to other children in the restaurant - People do that a bit from what I've read

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
kizzabel

Carrie, you are worth your weight in diamonds. A big huge thank you
The pool looks fab. And Dreams is on at an ideal time, not too late for DS and dinner afterwards.

Thats a good idea re the cake. Im sold! Do you know if we can book and pay for the cake at City Hall?

DS and I are having a DLP day here, watching DVDs and looking at photos! Hes so excited. Worth every penny!

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
Old 01-08-2013, 08:05 AM   #4
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Thank you I wish I had my weight in diamonds I'd be well pleased and on the next plane to somewhere warm

I "think" you can add your cake to a restaurant reservation at City or directly at the restaurant but you pay for it with the rest of your meal when you get the bill - this is where someone else will come along and I'll be totally wrong

You send your hotel asking email to dlp.guest.communication@disney.com
and they send them along to the hotels as you can't put direct emails on here

I'm sure you are going to have a grand time

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
kizzabel

Thanks again Carrie; I just sent a very subtle email so fingers crossed theres a little welcome letter or the like so he feels all special.
I know; a dose of vitamin D stretched out on a sunlounger would be fab. At least theres no snow! I'll enquire when I ring to reserve CM about the cake, feel free to drop by for a slice on Thurs 24th

Previous Trips:

Upcoming Trips:
Old 01-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #6
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

Was going to send you contact.....i hope they do something to mark his birthday....even the mug with sweets and balloons! You might get lucky and get an upgrade fingers crossed but I think you will love hny anyway x

Jo Olivia
Disneyfanswicklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
mickeymouse11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfanswicklow View Post
Was going to send you contact.....i hope they do something to mark his birthday....even the mug with sweets and balloons! You might get lucky and get an upgrade fingers crossed but I think you will love hny anyway x
if you send them an email saying its one of your parties birthday do they leave you something in the room? Were going for my daughters birthday
mickeymouse11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #8
kizzabel

Its pot luck, sometimes people arrive to find sweets or chocolate coins and a letter, sometimes balloons, some have even gotten a plush or like Disneyfanswicklow said a mug. Its a nice little sprinkle of pixie dust but you're best to not get your hopes up just incase mousekeeping are too busy or they are unable to do anything. If you send an email to the address above and include your reservation number - its best not to go looking for it but to just mention its your daughters birthday.

Theres also packages you can pay for but they are ridiculously expensive.

Disneyfanswicklow - do you know if the character meets in HNY are where the taxi is?

Thanks everyone

Previous Trips:

Upcoming Trips:
Old 01-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #9
mickeymouse11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
Its pot luck, sometimes people arrive to find sweets or chocolate coins and a letter, sometimes balloons, some have even gotten a plush or like Disneyfanswicklow said a mug. Its a nice little sprinkle of pixie dust but you're best to not get your hopes up just incase mousekeeping are too busy or they are unable to do anything. If you send an email to the address above and include your reservation number - its best not to go looking for it but to just mention its your daughters birthday.

Theres also packages you can pay for but they are ridiculously expensive.

Disneyfanswicklow - do you know if the character meets in HNY are where the taxi is?

Thanks everyone
aww thankyou i'll mention it to them
mickeymouse11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #10
kizzabel

Id send it a week or two before you go. Fingers crossed

Previous Trips:

Upcoming Trips:
Old 01-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #11
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

Quote:

Thanks everyone
Hi - yes where the taxi is inside the main lobby - nice orderly q too and give time to each person - they sometimes have a box of dress up feather boas and hats to enhance your photo!

It really is pot luck if you get something special for celebrations - I just mentioned the special occasion in email to guest relations last time.

Jo Olivia
Disneyfanswicklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #12
kizzabel

Just had an email back from a lovely CM who promised baloons and a card in our room for DS's birthday. Im over the moon. Great to know theres going to be some pixie dust Ooooh this feels like the start of an awesome trip :D

Previous Trips:

Upcoming Trips:
Old 01-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #13
netimka
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Just had an email back from a lovely CM who promised baloons and a card in our room for DS's birthday. Im over the moon. Great to know theres going to be some pixie dust Ooooh this feels like the start of an awesome trip :D
thats a great news

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: