Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

Old Podcasts keep re-downloading

Is it just me or is something going on with the old podcasts? 3 times over the past few weeks I've opened up my podcast app to see over 400 "new" dis unplugged episodes. This really messes with my downloads and takes up data space and apparently my podcast app is pathetic because there is no way (that I've found) to delete them all at once - which means deleting them one at a time. This isn't happening with any other podcast only the dis unplugged. What's going on?

DH me DS 10 DD 9

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012, 2014
Disney Magic: 2014
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
pkraynh
Earning My Ears

I have the same issue. Go to Podcast app, select the Dis Unplugged Podcast, select the DIS Unplugged Podcast at the top again and it should bring you to a screen where you can turn Subscriptions OFF. That seemed to take care of it for the moment.
Patti
Old 10-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #3
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

I'm having the same problem. I hate to turn off subscriptions because I do want the new ones to hit when they are released. I have also tried to delete them but it's a tiresome task. I also tried to choose the "keep only the last 5" option but ... no go.
Stacy's a freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
Golf4food
Mouseketeer
Male pirate last time I checked... yep, still male
Tazicket will always be my sexy penguin

If you are using the free Apple Podcast app that is your problem. It sucks. Do yourself a huge favor and go buy an app like PodCruncher for $0.99 and stop beating yourself senseless over the horribly crappy Apple app that is nothing but a problem. Best $0.99 we've ever spent on an app.
Mar '14 - Offsite; Nov '13 - Offiste; Sept '13-Offsite; Apr '13-POFQ; Jan '13-POR; Dec '12-POFQ:Baby's First WDW Trip; March '11-Offiste; Nov/Dec '10-AKL/CSR; May '10-POR Pre-Dining Review-Dining Report; September '09-ASMu & DxDP Dining Report; December '08-POR; September '08-ASM; June '07-One day surprise park hopping extravaganza for DW; December '06-CBR; March '05-CBR; Many visits as a child

Golf4food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf4food View Post
If you are using the free Apple Podcast app that is your problem. It sucks. Do yourself a huge favor and go buy an app like PodCruncher for $0.99 and stop beating yourself senseless over the horribly crappy Apple app that is nothing but a problem. Best $0.99 we've ever spent on an app.
Thanks for the advice I am using the apple podcast app and I'm not very impressed with it, I'll look into the one you recommended.
Thanks

DH me DS 10 DD 9

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012, 2014
Disney Magic: 2014
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
TigerTown
runDisney addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf4food
I personally use Downcast but to your point, almost anything is better than the Apple podcast app and worth the $0.99!

W&D Half 2012
Dumbo Double Dare 2013, Jingle Jungle 5K 2013, W&D Half 2013
WDW Marathon 2014, Disneyland Half 2014, Avengers Super Heroes Half 2014
Dopey Challenge 2015
TigerTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #7
woodleygrrl
As god as my witness, I will never ever be swindled by these thieves at Disney bakeries again.

However, the Dis podcast is the only one of my 6 susbscribed podcasts that do this.

Jennifer
Old 10-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
bluecruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodleygrrl View Post
However, the Dis podcast is the only one of my 6 susbscribed podcasts that do this.
Same here, I subscribe to almost 30 podcasts, and Dis Unplugged is the only one that has old episodes show up on a fairly regular basis.

That being said, it's not a big deal, I just check the dates on podcasts before I sync, so I can remove any old ones.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: