Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #1
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

We are here and it is raining

We arrived from our 3 days in Paris late last nite. We found our hotel, the cheap Ibis and then got food from the hypermarket. The store has everything and are packed for the parks. Unfortunately, the wind and rain are horrible out at the moment. We checked the weather and it is expected to clear a bit around noon so we are going slow this morning, then going to have breakfast and head out to the park later in the morning.

I knew the forecast said rain but the wind with the rain it taking it over the top. `I am just praying it clears up soon and we can have a better time.
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
cherrymarzipan
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear the weather is awful , hope it improves later today. If not you will have to make the most of the shows in the Studios and the warmer rides. POTC is always lovely for a warm up and it's a great ride in its own right as well of course!

Did you have better weather in Paris? I hope your rotten cold has cleared up.

I am sure your son will still be really excited once he gets in the park especially with all the Halloween things going on.
cherrymarzipan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
JazzyMe
Earning My Ears

Sad to hear about bad weather. We were in beggining of October few years ago and actually it was t-shirt weather, we needed light sweaters in mornings and evenings only.
Last year we were in late November - foggy and damp and we had pour down rain and strong wind the day before we left. Poor youngest DD was 1.5 years old then and she got cold that day that ended up with high fever that evening, cough and running nose. Glad I was packed with all kind of remedies. And the oldest one got sick during flight.

What is going on with DLP weather this year? I am reading TRs from the June onwards and it seems it was raining there in June, August, September, October.

I hope the weather will soon clears up!

JazzyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:56 AM   #4
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieVanMom View Post
We arrived from our 3 days in Paris late last nite. We found our hotel, the cheap Ibis and then got food from the hypermarket. The store has everything and are packed for the parks. Unfortunately, the wind and rain are horrible out at the moment. We checked the weather and it is expected to clear a bit around noon so we are going slow this morning, then going to have breakfast and head out to the park later in the morning.

I knew the forecast said rain but the wind with the rain it taking it over the top. `I am just praying it clears up soon and we can have a better time.
I was thinking of you this morning

At least you got one nice day in Paris (yesterday) as the weekend was so horrible

It has cleared up and I've even got a bit of sun peeking through so I hope you have too just down the road.

We will be in the park in a couple of hours so fingers crossed it will stay dry for us all

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:00 AM   #5
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyMe View Post
What is going on with DLP weather this year? I am reading TRs from the June onwards and it seems it was raining there in June, August, September, October.
We had very little sun this year and only a few days where it got over 30° and the Vit D levels are way down for so many people

Hope we get a mild winter to make up for it

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
IsobelJackmummy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post

At least you got one nice day in Paris (yesterday) as the weekend was so
Me and DH were in Paris for a mini break this weekend and it was SO wet! It was our wedding anniversary, which is always a lovely sunny day, and typically at home it was!

There was a little sunshine on Saturday late afternoon, but not for long.

Saturday evening was dry though and we did the open top bus at night which was great.

We still had a great time though, it is a fabulous city. Just need to visit again in the summer months when we are less likely to get so wet.

1999 -WDW off site, 2003 - WDW off site, Feb 2010 - DLRP SL, Oct 2010 -DLRP SL, Feb 2012 - DLRP SL, Feb 2013 - DLRP HNY
IsobelJackmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #7
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

We did have a wonderful day on Tuesday with the sun coming out for a bit and seeing dreams while it was dry was very nice. I left our area and got some hot chocolate and it was just a beautiful evening.

DH unfortunately got my cold and even worse than what I had. He was a trooper and walked around but I did send him back for a nap.

We have found a bit of magic on this trip. Maybe it is having our son with us and seeing him smile? We have taken time to see the little things and notice the details while going from ride to ride.

New things I learned, you don't go to city hall and get the disability pass first if you are getting an AP. The AP office issues the pass good for the time period for the pass. I wasted about an hour waiting to be told to go to the AP office. Then do make sure you have a photo ID for even your minor children. That is something new for us and we didn't have. Pixie dust and supervisor helped out and after about another hour we were done with the all the details to get our pass and AP's. I like that DH said it always takes a long time for us to get this part worked out, even in WDW.

The rain has been bad today but cleared out late in the afternoon. We were wise to go straight to Toy story land first thing this morning before the rain fell.

DS loved crushing coaster and we all thought RC racer is the best ride. We left a few things undone but there is next time.

The crowds have been very manageable with most rides walk on. Today was busy and we think it might be the kids are out of school?

We went into DLH and noticed it smells like baby powder. It was nice just to get off our feet. We also saw the Sequoia and think we have found our favorite hotel. We will have a look online at room photos. We saw NY but it didn't do much for us.

Tomorrow we plan to check our luggage, then go in for a few hours before we head back for our train home. The day is suppose to be warmer and only 20 percent rain.
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:18 AM   #8
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

What a shame DH has caught your cold

Hoping you have an enjoyable day today and a safe journey home.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: