Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #976
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Hey guys, just got back from a hockey game in Nashville , yay ohh wait it was Knoxville ice bears vs Huntsville havoc so nothing special but it was still nice to see some hockey on the preds ice, ice bears won 1 to 0 in case anyone was wondering, but the real game was 3 to 0 ice bears on the fights
Cool... At least we now know hockey as a sport still exists.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 10-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #977
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Nice to be able to afford one a year even...

Back in late 80's early 90's I got to a lot of games though. Saw Gilmour get his 1000th point even...
I rarely buy my own either...they just aren't ever avaialble unless you visit scalpers (ticket resellers for the politically correct here)

I have some friends with Season's tickets... normally I get about 1 game a year.

My company used to have golds, about 10 rows up from the ice... sadly that's just a memory now.

Member #561
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #978
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Funny. But at least they go to see it.
Toronto Maple Leaf Fans are the MOST loyal fans in all sports.

Since the 1970's every single game has been sold out... They hold sport records for the most consecutive sellouts in ALL sports.

They just SUCK!

And THAT is why (as the discussion was yesterday) Toronto (or the Greater Toronto Area) needs another NHL team. So fans without seasons tickets or connections can actually get int to see a NHL game.

Member #561
Old 10-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #979
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
Was 70 degrees and sunny here at game time. Score was 1-1 at half time. My best player had to sit out the first half after the referee said she couldn't play because her socks didn't match her uniform. Her SOCKS! My DD had a great first half in goal and assisted the goal on a kick out after a save. Woo-hoo. Went on to win 4-1 and still undefeated. The girls are really playing well and deserve a lot of credit.
I might move to your house since CJ won't send me to key. Good game.

Are you a rec or competitive team? Under KYYSA rec rules, the socks have to be covering the shin guards for player protection. I only enforce the safety rules, but admit that I let the earring thing go with girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Two page CV finally completed for my review and will knock the narrative out Monday morning and still get it done a few hours early.:!"

While it is tempting to wish the administrators would come see what Appalachia is like, I think I am better off if they never show up.
CV? Are you looking for new work? I agree that Appalachia is a beautiful place, but even armed with all those KY stereotypes, outsiders still will be shocked at what they find there.

Quote:
Not so fast. Always loved the Heat and was a season ticket holder until I moved to NY. Great owner who is willing to spend money and with Riley there is someone that knows how to spend it. The Fish are holing their own despite an inept front office. Don't get me started with the Marlins. Publicly financed stadium, check. Get me to buy season tickets again, check. Blow up the team again to save money, check.
But, you still get to see the other NL East teams and the others when they come to play. I got to see AJ Burnett pitch against the Reds with a 3 hour drive one way just to get to the city. You got to see the Nats or Phillies pitching, not to mention ALL THE OTHER teams that play there. You can't convince me other wise. If I lived and had TB Yucs tickets the year they went 0-?, then I still would have been able to see all the real NFL teams. You are looking at this from a fan prospective. I just want to see a pro sports game without all the travel.

Quote:
Talked to the kid at halftime. Headed to midterms next week but she is doing pretty well so far. Sent me some pictures...

Can take the kid out of Disney but can't take Disney out of the kid.]
So, I see she has a new boyfriend named Derek and is using the fish as a cover story. Glad to hear she is doing well. Fall is pretty in KY, but I'd take the warm temps at WDW any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
:
They are miserable even when they win. If I were you, I would wear my Joe Carter jersey when I visit the City of Brotherly Love
Good thing you have that black belt - certified Bad A--. David throws down a challenge to Philadelphia. I hear that Philadelphia newborn babies are delivered booing their mothers for not pushing hard enough.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 10-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #980
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
All is well with the world. Gators win big and the Hurricanes lose. Looks like they will stay the number two ranked team in the country. Good times. Sorry to see the former Head Ball Coach get beat so bad but hopefully they will win out.

Talked to the kid at halftime. Headed to midterms next week but she is doing pretty well so far. Sent me some pictures...

Can take the kid out of Disney but can't take Disney out of the kid.

Her new running shoes. If you are watching the WDW Marathon, look for these.

Her pet fish. Something to do with that Vampire thing movie.

Her care package for halloween. A good haul.

Fall has come to campus. There is another kid from Miami there and they were talking, "The leaves turn red. And they fall on the ground." Can't wait for them to see their first snowstorm.
Glad to hear Pirate Princess is doing well... send her best wishes from the DISDad's.

Member #561
Old 10-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #981
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
They are miserable even when they win. If I were you, I would wear my Joe Carter jersey when I visit the City of Brotherly Love
Or even better...

Toronto's Ambassador to Foreign Relations...

Member #561
Old 10-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #982
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
...CV? Are you looking for new work? I agree that Appalachia is a beautiful place, but even armed with all those KY stereotypes, outsiders still will be shocked at what they find there.
Just the annual appraisal document. Very strict on formatting and what goes in it so I can't use the existing one. 80% of what they want is geared towards researchers and teachers so mine was tough to do. The narrative we submit will cover 90 % of what I do and won't even get looked at because it would require someone to read it rather than scan bullet points.
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
Old 10-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #983
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Just the annual appraisal document. Very strict on formatting and what goes in it so I can't use the existing one. 80% of what they want is geared towards researchers and teachers so mine was tough to do. The narrative we submit will cover 90 % of what I do and won't even get looked at because it would require someone to read it rather than scan bullet points.
True. I find that when I want a project to be submitted without any changes, I just make sure that all my long, written reports are completed. Upper Management can't review it that way, too much effort.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #984
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Soccer game today at 2:30. I decided to take the day off from other duties and will go coach my team and not ref, field stuff, or anything else. If there are any complaints, I am telling people to leave a message after the beep.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #985
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Good morning

CJ, glad to hear DD is doing well. Nice job by the Gators defense yesterday

The Irish pulled one out yesterday. Looks like K State,is for real!

Have a great morning guys
Lot of great games yesterday including ND. Currently watching the UF/USC replay with the Gator homers calling the game. A lot more fun than last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
They might think it nice whan the leaves turn red and fall but then again, they don't have to rake them up.

Or shovel the snow later in the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Toronto Maple Leaf Fans are the MOST loyal fans in all sports.

Since the 1970's every single game has been sold out... They hold sport records for the most consecutive sellouts in ALL sports.

They just SUCK!

And THAT is why (as the discussion was yesterday) Toronto (or the Greater Toronto Area) needs another NHL team. So fans without seasons tickets or connections can actually get int to see a NHL game.
Those are loyal fans. I was talking about here. Miami fans (college and pro) suck.

Quote:
I might move to your house since CJ won't send me to key. Good game.
I'm home, just stop by. Having stew for dinner tonight.

Quote:
But, you still get to see the other NL East teams and the others when they come to play. I got to see AJ Burnett pitch against the Reds with a 3 hour drive one way just to get to the city. You got to see the Nats or Phillies pitching, not to mention ALL THE OTHER teams that play there. You can't convince me other wise. If I lived and had TB Yucs tickets the year they went 0-?, then I still would have been able to see all the real NFL teams. You are looking at this from a fan prospective. I just want to see a pro sports game without all the travel.
True, all true. I saw AJ pitch but he was a Marlin then. Same with Cabrera... Too many to list. Tough going to a ballgame and see your former players kill your team. All because the owners are trying to soak every dollar they can out of the fans. I still do enjoy going to games and am lucky to have them here.

Quote:
So, I see she has a new boyfriend named Derek and is using the fish as a cover story. Glad to hear she is doing well. Fall is pretty in KY, but I'd take the warm temps at WDW any day.
Unfortunately, the kid that dared ask my daughter to the prom is still in the picture. Fortunately, he is in Texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Glad to hear Pirate Princess is doing well... send her best wishes from the DISDad's.
Will do. She is interested in seeing you guys attending the convention. Mostly for the laughs (at our expense) I think.

Not to rub it in (sorry Norm) but a gorgeous day today. Was out early this morning. Sunny and in the 70's. This kind of day is why people move to Florida.

Enjoy the day guys.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #986
cj9200
DIS Dad #412

Quote:
Soccer game today at 2:30. I decided to take the day off from other duties and will go coach my team and not ref, field stuff, or anything else. If there are any complaints, I am telling people to leave a message after the beep.
Good luck to the dynasty. I like the last line and may steal it.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:49 AM   #987
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Morning Guys.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #988
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
I'm home, just stop by. Having stew for dinner tonight.

Unfortunately, the kid that dared ask my daughter to the prom is still in the picture. Fortunately, he is in Texas.

Not to rub it in (sorry Norm) but a gorgeous day today. Was out early this morning. Sunny and in the 70's. This kind of day is why people move to Florida..
The commute is a bit much, but one of these days. Long distance relationships are the best when they involve your own child. We may hit 70 around noon today.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #989
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Good luck to the dynasty. I like the last line and may steal it.
Don't know about dynasty, but we have had some good seasons now for some consecutive years.

Yesterday, the last mixed teams game had missing players on both sides. So, I brought 2 girls from my team and 2 girls from the opposing team we played yesterday and filled in the spots. I was the ref, and let the coaches do their thing. After the game, both coaches and several parents asked if the girls could play more often for them as their team was the most competitive it had been in all season. One of the parents asked if I had brought select/ competitive team girls, and I told the I just brought my rec team players who had just played a game. Of course, one of those my daughter, which made me a little extra proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Morning Guys.
Morning, Mr. Belding.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 10-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #990
cj9200
DIS Dad #412

Quote:
Don't know about dynasty, but we have had some good seasons now for some consecutive years.

Yesterday, the last mixed teams game had missing players on both sides. So, I brought 2 girls from my team and 2 girls from the opposing team we played yesterday and filled in the spots. I was the ref, and let the coaches do their thing. After the game, both coaches and several parents asked if the girls could play more often for them as their team was the most competitive it had been in all season. One of the parents asked if I had brought select/ competitive team girls, and I told the I just brought my rec team players who had just played a game. Of course, one of those my daughter, which made me a little extra proud.

Morning, Mr. Belding.
You should be. Feels good huh?

And also a good morning Mr. Belding.
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, beer, dole whips, don, meat

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: