Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #3481
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Due to the violent nature of team Barry I think Tim should hold out from doing any more public meets until after the big race. Sorry but Tims safety comes first!! Just cant trust that team Barry they will stoop to all levels.
Yea, we're the Steelers of the DISDads!

Old 11-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #3482
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarager View Post
Wife just called. We have Mickey Mail! Now, here is a problem. This trip is a surprise for our girls and we will be at Disney Dec 15 to the 24th. They will not know about this trip until two days before we leave! We always cut our own tree the weekend after Thanksgiving but I sure don't want to blow $70 on a tree if were are not home to water it. Any thoughts?
It would be a real shame to break traditions. Traditions are what families are built on. To help you out I am willing to take your burden on, just send me your tickets and room reservations. You have paid for them right?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #3483
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon

Quote:
We did this last year and use Roku. We have both Netflix and Hulu Plus and it give a great selection of programs. The kids don't miss Dish Network and I'm saving huge!
Does this work if you don't have Hulu or Nexflix? My blu-ray has those on it

Old 11-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #3484
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971

Suggest a little earlier in case it takes a little longer. Last time we waited a while for the star ceremony as it had just happened when we walked in the door. If you don't care about seeing all of the princesses and the ceremony than 8:15 is fine.

Responded before reading through the thread...........NEVERMIND.
Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice

I'd get CRT as early as possible. Then get there 20 minutes before your time. We were at CRT on Tuesday 10 minutes before and it took at least 30 minutes to get seated.

You also have to worry about the ever changing park hours. They might just change the opening to 8am.
Thanks guys for the advice, hopefully the plan will work out, we prob can get away with not dealing with the princesses since DD just did that last month but there's always a chance she might have a different idea on that haha
Old 11-13-2012, 05:44 PM   #3485
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Yea, we're the Steelers of the DISDads!
So that means we cheat and take cheap shots

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 12/9/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 11-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #3486
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Hey....what size external hard drive should I be on the look out for on Black Friday to dump pictures into. I am pretty green on this issue ( no pun intended)
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 11-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #3487
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
They are what 7 or 8 years old?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Seems a tad young for teaching the physical stuff. Being a slower player it always amazed me how a little contact could throw off faster players.
8 year olds. That's what I thought and that's why I never coached it. But, I guess I need to defer to someone who does this job for a living. Plus, that was the only reason we lost last year. I guess they are just starting them out earlier that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Hopefully she will use those gifts to her advantage. For the record, Mia Hamm was labeled as slow for her position.
Didn't realize that about Mia Hamm, and she had a good career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
I so wish for an October break, it's when I really want to go to WDW. Unfortunately, Amelia's grades aren't strong enough to risk pulling her out of school, so August it is...

No way you cold race skids in our warehouse, no room there for much (and we have one of the districts bigger warehouses.) We call 'em skids, head office calls them pallets.
We called them skids as well. As for grades, mine do ok so I'm not worried about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Norm, I hope the back gets better

Must have been from those soft, comfy stadium seats I made you sit in
I'm willing to suffer through those bad seats anytime. Ironically, I hurt my back while exercising to lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Thanks Norm, I was shocked anything was available at BLT and its the weekend before the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival (we debated on moving back a week to see it) but we might do Epcot this trip so overall it was cheaper to go the week before , I didn't know your back was feeling that bad, I hope you feel better soon
Thanks. It is better. I have a another round of steroids and muscle relaxer but tried to just rest it without going with the meds. Fortunately, I had some days off from the holidays, weekend, and sick days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
We start school either right before or after Labor Day and go to mid June, late June if we have more than 5 snow days. I wouldn't mind starting in August and having the October time for a break. 10 weeks in the summer is too much in my opinion. Would rather have smaller breaks throughout the year.
There can never be too many summer days now. When mine were in first grade, I didn't like all the days. Now that my oldest is 10, I can just kick them outside when I leave for work and ring the dinner bell for them to come home when it gets dark.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 11-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #3488
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I had the chance to meet up with a few DISers while we were in WDW last week. Wouldn't you know, a couple of them were DisDADS!!! First I met up Ron, his DW, and DS at DHS. We Rode Star Tours twice, TOT, and TSM all in 2 hours. Not too bad. We were trying to find ourselves a cocktail but most places were closed during EMHs.

Then on Friday I met up with the president of Team Frozen Monkey. Randall. How does he get my attention while I'm stilling on Dumbo waiting for it to start? By yelling 'GO TEAM BARRY!' I didn't know whether to look in his direction or vomit. I was holding Christopher so vomiting was out of the question. After the ride we had a nice talk and hung out for a while...

All of Randall's sweet talking saying how he didn't really like Barry and how he wanted to switch sides to Team Tim got me off guard. He got me in a headlock...

Tossed me to the ground, and started to stomp on my back, legs, and ankles.

The only way I could get him to stop was to offer him a FP to ride Space Mountain with me and Juliana.

We also met up again during the Osbourne Lights on Saturday night.

(It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife Randall. Can't wait for January!)
Awesome meets Tim.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS10
Member #561
Old 11-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #3489
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
That's a good idea....from now on, I'm transferring mine every day. Only because I almost lost 3 days worth of pictures on my last trip when my memory card decided to stop working mid-day.

Thankfully I was able to recover them on the laptop and re-format it to get it to work again!

Thankfully, the day that it happened we just happened to be at MK and only had a short walk to BLT to get it handled. And we didn't miss out on a whole half a day of pictures!
You don't believe me when I tell you that I control the universe... but somehow all my little plans seem to come together.

Member #561
Old 11-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #3490
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1971 View Post
It's easier to teach them aggressiveness early and then control it than it is the reverse. If you have a player that is not aggressive or on the shy side it is very difficult to change it. For an aggressive player, teaching control and to play with a little less aggression is much easier. In sports where there is lot of physical play it is beneficial.

Not saying I agree, but that is the thinking behind it. I coach 4 sports, both girls and boys and it has been a developing focus.
Well, I really don't need to teach mine to be any more aggressive as she had that. I had plenty of aggressive players, but I just taught them to play through the ball with their feet as opposed to pushing. I think it is too young, but I may just have to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Dad View Post
Exactly. And I never had to use my elbows. Just a good hard knock with the shoulder. I taught my players the same thing. The year I had a bunch of hockey players was interesting.
Agreed. I played defender (soccer) and didn't have to throw many elbows. I solid shoulder would deter most offensive players. Usually, players through elbows and push when they are out of position, tired, or can't catch up. I usually had more weight on me than other players, and while I knew my stamina limits, I could still enforce and sprint a short distance when needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I can make a few phone calls and there will be more than 1 truck running stop signs in Barry's neighborhood.
Now we're putting out a hit on nemesisissi match-up. This is getting really intense.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 11-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #3491
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Hey....what size external hard drive should I be on the look out for on Black Friday to dump pictures into. I am pretty green on this issue ( no pun intended)
Minimum 1 TB

I would guess you can probably find a 2 or 3 TB for about $100

Member #561
Old 11-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #3492
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Wife just called. We have Mickey Mail! Now, here is a problem. This trip is a surprise for our girls and we will be at Disney Dec 15 to the 24th. They will not know about this trip until two days before we leave! We always cut our own tree the weekend after Thanksgiving but I sure don't want to blow $70 on a tree if were are not home to water it. Any thoughts?
Just tell the kids there will be no Christmas this year, because we are really Jewish.

Worked for me...

Member #561
Old 11-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #3493
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!

Quote:
Do your children (still) do Santa? You may just be able to get a small artificial to conserve money and be able to have the tree when you return.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Old 11-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #3494
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Minimum 1 TB

Check this

Member #561
Old 11-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #3495
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Minimum 1 TB

Agreed. I wouldn't go with less than 1TB.

External Drives have 2 flavors. USB (You have to physically plug them into a USB drive on your comptuer every time you use them) and NAS (Network Attached Storage which connects via a LAN cable to your router.)

I like the NAS version because you don't have to move it around (HD's are susceptable to banging) and it can share files with multiple devices at the same time.

I am watching this one to see if it goes on sale during Black Friday / Cyber Monday. If not, I'll just purchase it outright as it is still a good deal.

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, beer, dole whips, don, meat

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: