Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #316
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave
 
theduck619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 9,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Morning guys, doing my imitation this AM without the cool hat. Had a failure of my veil last night while working the bees. Left eye swollen shut. First time I have had bees inside the veil. Several painful stings but it could have been much worse.
I hope you feel better soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Morning evyone. We went to the Miller House (home to the bourbon bar) restaurant with FIL and his new girlfriend for DW's birthday dinner. We had a really good meal. I did manage 1 bourbon (Basil Hayden) but haven't been feeling well since I got he from WDW, and not for the obvious reason, but coughing, blowing nose, and just yuck. I keep popping my ears. I was hoping it was just allergies, but it sounds like it is evolving into something more.
I hope you feel better soon as well.
__________________
(me - David) (DW) DS 10 & = 9 (twins) DS 9 DD 7 DD 5

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 12/9/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #317
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy
Morning evyone. We went to the Miller House (home to the bourbon bar) restaurant with FIL and his new girlfriend for DW's birthday dinner. We had a really good meal. I did manage 1 bourbon (Basil Hayden) but haven't been feeling well since I got he from WDW, and not for the obvious reason, but coughing, blowing nose, and just yuck. I keep popping my ears. I was hoping it was just allergies, but it sounds like it is evolving into something more.
Don't blame me Norm, I wasn't sick till I got home haha
__________________
moose615 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #318
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,120

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
I hope you feel better soon

I hope you feel better soon as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Thanks.
Hope you get better soon. People over this way are reporting higher than normal instances of respiratory issues for this early in the season.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Don't blame me Norm, I wasn't sick till I got home haha
No blame. Just hate being sick.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #319
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?
 
twokids0204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North of Toronto - Canada
Posts: 13,532

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Morning guys, doing my imitation this AM without the cool hat. Had a failure of my veil last night while working the bees. Left eye swollen shut. First time I have had bees inside the veil. Several painful stings but it could have been much worse.
Arrrgggh Matey.

I didn't know there were some many bee's on the high seas...

Take Care of those bites.

Just a side question... were you going to do a pirate imitation this morning anyways? If so, the bees kinda screwed that up for ya...
__________________
1982 - Off Site * 1996 - Off Site * 1998 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Pop Century * 2010 - Pop Century * 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS10
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #320
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 21,068

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Only woke up 'cause the kids have swimming lessons...

The important thing is that you woke up.

__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #321
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one
 
declansdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 21,068

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Morning guys, doing my imitation this AM without the cool hat. Had a failure of my veil last night while working the bees. Left eye swollen shut. First time I have had bees inside the veil. Several painful stings but it could have been much worse.

Ouch, did you sting them back? Show them who'se the boss?
__________________
Darcy
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr




declansdad is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #322
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave
 
theduck619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 9,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
I'm in ATA. I know there are some that may diss the program but I like it. How did you like teaching and why did you stop?
I loved teaching. I had a different career opportunity and we moved to Indy. ATA is good, I think it's bad wrap comes from some baggage a long time ago. I started TKD when I was a kid so I remember all of the fighting for recognition.

Since we homeschool I do teach my daughters but no one else. I have a 3rd degree black belt in TKD and. 2nd in Hapkido.

I don't think we have an ATA school in Indy anymore. We invited them to a tournament once and it was great, they brought something like 30 students!
__________________
(me - David) (DW) DS 10 & = 9 (twins) DS 9 DD 7 DD 5

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 12/9/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #323
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs
 
disdadIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,549

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615
Good morning guys. Looking forward to watching some football , even though the titans already played, and then tonight is the season premiere of the walking dead , anyone else watch that show? Of course I have to make sure DD is asleep before I watch it. I hope everyone's doing well.
Love walking dead!!!!
disdadIL is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #324
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs
 
disdadIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,549

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619

I loved teaching. I had a different career opportunity and we moved to Indy. ATA is good, I think it's bad wrap comes from some baggage a long time ago. I started TKD when I was a kid so I remember all of the fighting for recognition.

Since we homeschool I do teach my daughters but no one else. I have a 3rd degree black belt in TKD and. 2nd in Hapkido.

I don't think we have an ATA school in Indy anymore. We invited them to a tournament once and it was great, they brought something like 30 students!
That's awesome. I am really hooked. DD loves it too so we get to do something fun together
disdadIL is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #325
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs
 
disdadIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,549

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Thanks.

No blame. Just hate being sick.
Make fun of Brian twice and call me in the morning
disdadIL is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #326
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good
 
wasnotafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 3,432

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
I hope you feel better soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Arrrgggh Matey.

I didn't know there were some many bee's on the high seas...

Take Care of those bites.

Just a side question... were you going to do a pirate imitation this morning anyways? If so, the bees kinda screwed that up for ya...
Thanks, guys. Swelling is going down so I can open my eye now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Ouch, did you sting them back? Show them who'se the boss?
Sadly, honeybees die after stinging. The stinger is barbed and when they fly off after stinging, the venom sack and some of the ladies innards get ripped out. They give there all to protect the hive. The male bees, drones, just hang around, eat, mate and mess up the hive until the women throw them out in the autumn. They can't even sting.
__________________
May/June 98 - All Star Music Calypso
July 03 - All Star Music Rock
Sept/Oct 05 - POP Century 50's
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
wasnotafan is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #327
moose615
DIS Veteran
 
moose615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,365

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL

Love walking dead!!!!
I'm pumped about the premiere tonight, can't wait!
__________________
moose615 is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #328
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?
 
twokids0204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North of Toronto - Canada
Posts: 13,532

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
Make fun of Brian twice and call me in the morning
How'd I get stuck in the middle of that one...
__________________
1982 - Off Site * 1996 - Off Site * 1998 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Pop Century * 2010 - Pop Century * 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS10
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #329
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,120

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
I loved teaching. I had a different career opportunity and we moved to Indy. ATA is good, I think it's bad wrap comes from some baggage a long time ago. I started TKD when I was a kid so I remember all of the fighting for recognition.

Since we homeschool I do teach my daughters but no one else. I have a 3rd degree black belt in TKD and. 2nd in Hapkido.

I don't think we have an ATA school in Indy anymore. We invited them to a tournament once and it was great, they brought something like 30 students!
You are a certified bad a$$. We'll have no problem taking over the boat next year. You beat up everyone, and I'll just hang around, eat, and mess up the boat until you're done. I'll figure out how to drive the boat at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Sadly, honeybees die after stinging. The stinger is barbed and when they fly off after stinging, the venom sack and some of the ladies innards get ripped out. They give there all to protect the hive. The male bees, drones, just hang around, eat, mate and mess up the hive until the women throw them out in the autumn. They can't even sting.
if the life span was a little longer, I'd apply to be a male honey bee.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #330
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,120

David, how did you and your Colts hat get on the field at the ND game? Bravo.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, beer, dole whips, don, meat



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.