Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #1771
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
That's terrible. I hope the recovery is not too bad. Did you take the pics or did someone else?
They were taking by my friend that met with me up there. I got carted off in the meat wagon.

I have some pics of it on the lift at the garage getting the work started on it soon hopefully.

Last edited by Venomhatch; 11-03-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #1772
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Ok well I have some not so good news...

On Thursday of last week I got rear ended on I4 near US 17-92. It was bad to where I have been in the hospital since that day. After several x-rays and tests, I find that my L1-L6 on pinched and may have to under go quite long rehab and perhaps surgery. I am home now and bound to bed and light movement. Here is some off topic images, sorry no not looking for sympathy but to just, I guess, explain where I have been.

Wow, hope you feel better, but it could have been a lot worse, hit just cleared that gas tank, looks like it was a fast hit by how pushed in the reinforcement is
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #1773
baseballmickey
DDC #644

haven't been on much lately.

just popping in to say I hope everyone that will be affected by the storm stays safe over the next few days.

venom, sorry to hear about your accident and injury. That wasn't nice of your nemesis to put a hit out on you.

not much to report on my end. long awaited day off tomorrow will be spent taking down all the halloween decorations and putting away any potential projectiles that are in the yard.

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
Old 10-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #1774
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They were taking my my friend that met with me up there. I got carted of in the meat wagon.

I have some pics of it on the lift at the garage getting the work started on it.
Ahh I was wondering how you would have taken them given how banged up you are. I hope there able to get your car back to pre accident state. It's a really nice looking M3

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 10-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #1775
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmickey View Post
haven't been on much lately.

just popping in to say I hope everyone that will be affected by the storm stays safe over the next few days.

venom, sorry to hear about your accident and injury. That wasn't nice of your nemesis to put a hit out on you.

not much to report on my end. long awaited day off tomorrow will be spent taking down all the halloween decorations and putting away any potential projectiles that are in the yard.
Do I have a nemesis? I don't remember. Thanks to you both. Trooper says their initial investigation is the guy was traveling at 75mph in a 55. Yeah I was lucky about the gas tank not getting hit. It's going to take close to 8500 to fix the car. But love insurance. Going to bed.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #1776
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
Ahh I was wondering how you would have taken them given how banged up you are. I hope there able to get your car back to pre accident state. It's a really nice looking M3
Its not fixed yet but after the Florida troopers take their pics on monday work can start on it. Thank you about the car. It was a gift from my parents. They upgraded to a newer model and they knew I wanted it.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:02 AM   #1777
moose615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch

Its not fixed yet but after the Florida troopers take their pics on monday work can start on it. Thank you about the car. It was a gift from my parents. They upgraded to a newer model and they knew I wanted it.
Man, sure glad your ok, looks like it could if been a lot worse, I hope you have a speedy recovery!!! And get well soon
Old 10-28-2012, 04:52 AM   #1778
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Dave....

Brian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner,
Boomer Sooner, O-K-U!
Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma,
Oklahoma, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, O-K-U
I'm a Sooner Born, I'm a Sooner Bred,
and when I die I'll be a Sooner Dead!
Rah Oklahoma! Rah Oklahoma!
Rah Oklahoma! O-K-U!
How did that work out for you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
How has everyone been this weekend? Sick as a dog here and been in bed most all day....Hopefully tomorrow will be better. It is our 12th anniversary tomorrow. I am a lucky guy to have found her....
Steve, hope you guys get to feeling better soon

Quote:

On Thursday of last week I got rear ended on I4 near US 17-92. It was bad to where I have been in the hospital since that day. After several x-rays and tests, I find that my L1-L6 on pinched and may have to under go quite long rehab and perhaps surgery. I am home now and bound to bed and light movement. Here is some off topic images, sorry no not looking for sympathy but to just, I guess, explain where I have been.

Donald, sorry to hear about your accident. Prayers for a speedy recovery

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 10/4/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 10-28-2012, 04:53 AM   #1779
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Happy Sunday everyone

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 10/4/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 10-28-2012, 05:53 AM   #1780
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
We Got The Better Belding
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Happy Sunday everyone
Happy Sunday to you too!
Old 10-28-2012, 05:57 AM   #1781
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589
So help me, if you're encouraging any penguin obsession, things are going to get ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
good luck eastcoasters!!! if you look at the path of the storm, its going over our heads,again. we are expecting 40-60 sustained winds and 8-10 plus inches of rain. i liftef the rug and everything up in the basement. got the pump and generator ready. tammys mom and dad left for florida today so i have there house to watch also. hopefully one of us will have power. if not, i will try to keep in touch through the cell phone. so, we will be praying for everyone and will talk to you when its over!!! good luck and stay safe!!!
Stay safe Dave. We're going to get less rain up here, but looking like the winds will be pretty bad. Stocked up on batteries, etc. yesterday, now it's the waiting game.

Feel bad for DD, last year they didn't do trick or treating on halloween up here because of the freak snowstorm, now there's a chance that it will get postponed/canceled this year again if we have major power outages. I'm hoping it's not that bad and we're back to normal on Wednesday... Loaded up on candy in preparation!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:19 AM   #1782
RodBelding
DIS Dad #589

Quote:

Sorry to hear, that's awful. Hope the recovery is quick.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #1783
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Morning Gents.

I hope everyone stays safe for the next few days. The storm is supposed to veer inland before it hits our east coast so I guess we will get nothing but some rain.

Our soccer final is later this afternoon and then the pub for the league wrap-up. DS has skills camp before that so I should just stay at the field. Well maybe a 4 hour warm-up would be a bit much. But then again it is a masters soccer league.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 10-28-2012, 06:34 AM   #1784
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:

Yikes it looks like you got hit by a plough! Glad to hear your doing better.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 10-28-2012, 06:42 AM   #1785
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:

Wow! Get better soon. Disney needs you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Stay safe Dave. We're going to get less rain up here, but looking like the winds will be pretty bad. Stocked up on batteries, etc. yesterday, now it's the waiting game.

Feel bad for DD, last year they didn't do trick or treating on halloween up here because of the freak snowstorm, now there's a chance that it will get postponed/canceled this year again if we have major power outages. I'm hoping it's not that bad and we're back to normal on Wednesday... Loaded up on candy in preparation!
Same thoughts to everyone on the East coast. Do what you have to do to stay safe and get ready.

Seton Hall cancelled classes on Monday and Tuesday. The Pirate Princess had a midterm on Monday so she is looking on the bright side. Today is an excursion to Target and she is prepping her friends on what they need to get. Probably one flash light for all of them and a bunch of junk food. The University sent out word that they are stocking up on supplies so the kids don't starve.
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, beer, dole whips, don, meat

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: