Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
tinks_1989
need a like button

I have been bitten

... bitten by the booking bug

Ok so that didn't take long did it?

I know I said I was disappointed with our last trip but we have booked again for a quick Christmas break.

Found good price flight and hotel and with a little bribe from Disney we decided to book!

We are travelling on the 2nd December for 2 nights at the Sequoia Lodge Montana room! Can't wait to sit and have a cocktail in front of that fire :D

I have always wanted to go for Christmas and this year was our last chance before Elsie starts school (that scares me )

I have no expectations for this trip we aren't doing any table service meals keeping it nice and cheap. Just hoping Elsie will wait the 2 hours to meet Santa.

Go on tell me off.... be gentle though!
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

im only back yesterday evening and im already pricing up trips. i just need disneyland paris to do a half year halloween and my life is complete lol. its my fave time of year to go.

i hope you have a lovely trip and hopefully the wait wont be that long for santa. i went in november one year and didnt wait very long at all.

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Wow, did you get an AP rate on your hotel? I love the look of the SL, a bit sad we aren't staying there but Mum wanted to stay at the DLH and she persuaded me on the possibility of it being very cold!

We won't see you as we leave on the morning of your arrival day! Just think you then have WDW not long after - lucky thing!!

I can't wait for my girls to meet Santa in Disneyland! I'm sure that you are the same .

My DD1 is distraught that Easyjet are no longer flying from Newcastle and keeps asking me if there is another way we can get to Paris. She told me today that we could fly or get a train to London and then fly from there....

Later today she asked me where my favourite place in the world is... I mentioned a few (not picky me!) and then she said "Disneyland Paris is the BEST place in the World Mummy!". Can't wait to tell them both they are going again....

Here's a few santa smilies to keep us going:

Old 10-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2ash View Post
im only back yesterday evening and im already pricing up trips. i just need disneyland paris to do a half year halloween and my life is complete lol. its my fave time of year to go.

i hope you have a lovely trip and hopefully the wait wont be that long for santa. i went in november one year and didnt wait very long at all.
Thats good. Im hoping that being the first Monday in December that it won't be to bad and that most kids will be at school!

I am sure Carrie will come and crush my hopes now and tell me that they are all off that one day lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
Wow, did you get an AP rate on your hotel? I love the look of the SL, a bit sad we aren't staying there but Mum wanted to stay at the DLH and she persuaded me on the possibility of it being very cold!

We won't see you as we leave on the morning of your arrival day! Just think you then have WDW not long after - lucky thing!!

I can't wait for my girls to meet Santa in Disneyland! I'm sure that you are the same .

My DD1 is distraught that Easyjet are no longer flying from Newcastle and keeps asking me if there is another way we can get to Paris. She told me today that we could fly or get a train to London and then fly from there....

Later today she asked me where my favourite place in the world is... I mentioned a few (not picky me!) and then she said "Disneyland Paris is the BEST place in the World Mummy!". Can't wait to tell them both they are going again....

Here's a few santa smilies to keep us going:

We didn't actually it was much cheaper through expedia! With 12% cash back as well even better.

I would love to stay at DLH again but just can't afford the extra £!,000

How exciting that you have kept it a secret Elsie knows before Dave in our house lol!

You could fly to Somerset stay with your Dis Board friend and fly from Bristol!

Do Airfrance fly from your airport?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
scampbunny
The most fab of surprises!
doesnt take much to set me off when its about dlrp
It's emma's fault

ha ha ha dont blame u for booking!!!! christmas was lovely when we went (still remember the goosebumps hearing the music on main street just before it snows!!!)

altho, oldest, having seen sonyas fab pics, wants to go again for halloween!! not sure itll ever happen as youngest is really struggling to cope with things

im ever hopeful things will change as i would absolutely love to go to america and go to one of the parks, but theres more chance of pigs flying than that happening (so will b lookin forward to ur tr from that!!)

christmas will b amazing...... and it makes everything seem so magical!! (and everyone raves bout sequoia at xmas!!)

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights
Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Sept 2012 - Day trip!!
Feb 2014 - Hotel Cheyenne 4 nights
scampbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by scampbunny View Post
ha ha ha dont blame u for booking!!!! christmas was lovely when we went (still remember the goosebumps hearing the music on main street just before it snows!!!)

altho, oldest, having seen sonyas fab pics, wants to go again for halloween!! not sure itll ever happen as youngest is really struggling to cope with things

im ever hopeful things will change as i would absolutely love to go to america and go to one of the parks, but theres more chance of pigs flying than that happening (so will b lookin forward to ur tr from that!!)

christmas will b amazing...... and it makes everything seem so magical!! (and everyone raves bout sequoia at xmas!!)

Oh I hope you get to go again soon! and one day to WDW!

I really hope the decorations the music will just make it amazing! x
Old 10-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
princessjodiebo
Mouseketeer

Thats the day we go as well !!

We are staying in HNY and the kids wont know we are going until the day before which is my birthday so if you see a british family with assorted disney hats and a 14 year old taller than her mum thats us !!!

Have never been at that time of year and am hoping its all twinkly and festive
Old 10-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #8
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjodiebo
Thats the day we go as well !!

We are staying in HNY and the kids wont know we are going until the day before which is my birthday so if you see a british family with assorted disney hats and a 14 year old taller than her mum thats us !!!

Have never been at that time of year and am hoping its all twinkly and festive
I will look out for you x
Old 10-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
scampbunny
The most fab of surprises!
doesnt take much to set me off when its about dlrp
It's emma's fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
Oh I hope you get to go again soon! and one day to WDW!

I really hope the decorations the music will just make it amazing! x
if u like christmas and have a child - ull love it!! lol
i loved our trip *** we were cold, but not very cold - so cold enuf to make it feel xmassy, and then all the music and decorations and tree.... oh it was magical and i remember coming back and wanting it to b christmas so i cud continue the feeling (we went 8th dec i think it was lol)

plus i love seein the characters in diff outfits (altho im always a sucker for pooh bear in a costume - hes so cuddly!!!)

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights
Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Sept 2012 - Day trip!!
Feb 2014 - Hotel Cheyenne 4 nights
scampbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #10
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post

We didn't actually it was much cheaper through expedia! With 12% cash back as well even better.

I would love to stay at DLH again but just can't afford the extra £!,000

How exciting that you have kept it a secret Elsie knows before Dave in our house lol!

You could fly to Somerset stay with your Dis Board friend and fly from Bristol!

Do Airfrance fly from your airport?
Oh cool on the hotel booking then! Actually I've found the AP rates quite good but never think to look at expedia - when I have I've never found a good deal!

I just don't know about the DLH at Christmas - hoping it will be festive enough - think the SL will be totally Christmassy!

Ha ha about the flights - yes Air France & Flybe fly (well not so sure what is happening with Flybe as they don't appear to have any flights after March 2012 at the mo?). But, she doesn't know that - it's all part of the ploy for telling them, I am such a cruel Mummy as clearly it is bothering her that she doesn't think we can get there anymore AF are much more expensive than EJ were tho! But fortunately we'd booked our flights with AF for this trip back in about Feb this year - so at least they were booked! Not sure when we are going to tell them this time - perhaps the weekend before, don't fancy doing it on the day we go this time... would like them to have a build up over the week I think.

Thank you for the kind offer to stay with you . I keep toying with staying in France next summer for 2 weeks at a key camp site but it's the travel that puts me off - loooong drive for us to the ferry or euro tunnel from here.... Adds a huge amount on to the trip for 2 little girls! But we'd need the car while there so no way we could fly - to fly and hire a car would just be way too expensive! Those sites are really expensive too so just weighing it up. Wouldn't book until after November trip anyway as DH is reserving judgement after all the issues we had in June .

Anyway, you need to sort out some thermals Missy! Mine are sorted - as are the girls. Was eyeing up some new boots or us all at the weekend too - we have snow boots but they aren't up to much! I managed to get DD2 two Disney hoodies and long sleeved tops cheap in Sports Direct at the weekend too - obsessed -moi???
Old 10-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #11
IsobelJackmummy
Mouseketeer

Ha ha! Knew it wouldn't be long.

I love SL, only staying at NY next time as DH wants a hot breakfast, and the price was only a tiny bit more. But I would still opt for SL every time (unless DLH was the same price-I wish!)

1999 -WDW off site, 2003 - WDW off site, Feb 2010 - DLRP SL, Oct 2010 -DLRP SL, Feb 2012 - DLRP SL, Feb 2013 - DLRP HNY
IsobelJackmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #12
nicola
Tinkerbell
Bring it on baby!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
Oh cool on the hotel booking then! Actually I've found the AP rates quite good but never think to look at expedia - when I have I've never found a good deal!

I just don't know about the DLH at Christmas - hoping it will be festive enough - think the SL will be totally Christmassy!

Ha ha about the flights - yes Air France & Flybe fly (well not so sure what is happening with Flybe as they don't appear to have any flights after March 2012 at the mo?). But, she doesn't know that - it's all part of the ploy for telling them, I am such a cruel Mummy as clearly it is bothering her that she doesn't think we can get there anymore AF are much more expensive than EJ were tho! But fortunately we'd booked our flights with AF for this trip back in about Feb this year - so at least they were booked! Not sure when we are going to tell them this time - perhaps the weekend before, don't fancy doing it on the day we go this time... would like them to have a build up over the week I think.

Thank you for the kind offer to stay with you . I keep toying with staying in France next summer for 2 weeks at a key camp site but it's the travel that puts me off - loooong drive for us to the ferry or euro tunnel from here.... Adds a huge amount on to the trip for 2 little girls! But we'd need the car while there so no way we could fly - to fly and hire a car would just be way too expensive! Those sites are really expensive too so just weighing it up. Wouldn't book until after November trip anyway as DH is reserving judgement after all the issues we had in June .

Anyway, you need to sort out some thermals Missy! Mine are sorted - as are the girls. Was eyeing up some new boots or us all at the weekend too - we have snow boots but they aren't up to much! I managed to get DD2 two Disney hoodies and long sleeved tops cheap in Sports Direct at the weekend too - obsessed -moi???
OMG....honestly...you are not seriously doubting how beautiful the DLH is with christmas decs etc?? Please please please trust me....from someone who has stayed at SL and DLH several times at Christmas...you will LOVE the DLH...it has THE most beautiful xmas decs...truly victorian in style!! its in a class of its own

2 trips to WDW in early 90's
May, 2003 DLP NPBC
June, 2004 DLP HNY
May, 2005 DLP HNY

Nov, 2005 DLP DLH (Yea!!!)

nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #13
nicola
Tinkerbell
Bring it on baby!!!

of course the SL is VERY beautiful at this time of year too

2 trips to WDW in early 90's
May, 2003 DLP NPBC
June, 2004 DLP HNY
May, 2005 DLP HNY

Nov, 2005 DLP DLH (Yea!!!)

nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:49 AM   #14
mum2threemonsters
Mouseketeer

Just to let you know we did early Dec last year (perhaps 4/5 days after the 2nd) and it was just magical. There were hardly any crowds, most rides were walk on's and we could pick our spot for the parades! Absolutely fantastic!!!

I would do the same again this year but the silly OH has decided for us to get married next summer and spend 3 weeks on honeymoon in Italy (pfff not DLH) and so the kids miss time off school then. Therefore we are going NYE which will be great but its cost us 4 times more than early Dec and we know the crowds will be horrendous!

Where abouts are you based for travel? We are in Nottingham and we quite enjoy the drive - my OH wont have it any other way now as he loves being able to pack the car full. My boys LOVE P&O ferries and the extra £20 we pay for a Premier Inn the night before is soooo worth it as we are all excited about getting up early for the ferry! If we split the drive into 2 halves like that its only 3 hours ish each side. We spend more than that in the car some days running errands! Also we did Eurocamp (North Paris site) and it was fantastic for the kids. We went early June and there was sooo much on site for the kids we could have stayed there longer. So many nice families around and the kids made friends easily.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]COLOR]
mum2threemonsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:08 AM   #15
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicola View Post
OMG....honestly...you are not seriously doubting how beautiful the DLH is with christmas decs etc?? Please please please trust me....from someone who has stayed at SL and DLH several times at Christmas...you will LOVE the DLH...it has THE most beautiful xmas decs...truly victorian in style!! its in a class of its own
I agree one thousand percent with nicola - the DLH is absolutely stunning at Christmas season, just beautiful. You guys are making me want to go again for Christmas (it was always my favourite season at DLP, but Halloween was always my DD's, and Sonya's photos have put me right in the mood for another Halloween trip too).

Congrats on the booking Tinks!

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: