Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #16
okw2012
Mouseketeer

Games make great gifts! I like to buy a simple card game I find fun to play, say Jungle Speed, Werewolves or Bohnanza. All about 15$. The trick is to make sure you know the rules well and introduce them to the game by offering to play with them. May work better for younger men/families. I also like to offer time/help for home improvement projects. Works well with women!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #17
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

A nice card filled with a few scratch off tickets.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #18
scrapquitler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post
What are some great Birthday gifts to buy for adults, that your not really close to but that are nice but inexpensive. I need 3 Bday gifts for 1 female and 2 males(one is 18 the other 40). I know what to buy close family members or friends but not people that I'm not really close to or dont really know but i need gifts to take to the party.

This month has so many Bdays. It will cost me 6 gifts

Gifts for female adult?????

Gifts for male adult 18 and 40yrs old???

BTW gifts other than money and giftcards and inexpensive but nice
I'm just thinking hmmmm....because in my 'group' of people, adult birthday parties are not gift giving affairs. Usually they are more of just go to the party and buy the birthday girl a drink kind of things. I just know that most of the people I know are trying to simplify a bit and cut down on clutter and carefully watch the budget.

If I were going to to a party and I felt I had to buy a gift, I'd get something more along the lines of a bottle of wine, a scented candle, a six pack from a local microbrewery, a bottle of the guys favorite liquor, a banana bread I baked in a cute ceramic loaf pan, a plant, etc. Stuff more like a hostess gift.
scrapquitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #19
lilouisianagal
Mouseketeer

Sooo I'm the cheapo.....if I don't know you well enough to know what you would like as a gift...you don't get a gift. SIL and DH are about to stop exchanging gifts because the gifts just don't get used anymore. But a good gift card to a common store (Walmart, Target, etc) usually gets used. Movie theatre gift cards also work well (they pair well with those big candy boxes from Walmart too!).

DisneyLand Hotel 1988 Carribean Beach 1992, 1995, 2006, 2007 , 2009 Dixie Landings 1997, 1999Port Orleans 2002 Off Site: MissionAir 2004 Disney Cruise Line (Honeymoon on the Wonder): May 24-28, 2009 Pop Century 2011 Disney Cruise Line: May 27- June 1, 2012 Coronado Springs Resort 2013
lilouisianagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #20
worm761

I speak just to hear my own voice
I about died laughing when i heard that!!!

I know you don't want to give gift cards but honestly, for an 18 year old, I would probably make a gift card tree. 18 year olds are often broke and can't afford some of the luxeries like going to the movies and out to eat.
worm761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #21
irishsharon
DIS Veteran

Giftcard for the 18 year old or cash! Great set of beer mugs $20,drink shaker $10 and a book on mixed drinks $4(got these for dh at homegoods)For women I love to give a beautiful platter with cookies and brownies,bottle of wine with 2 pretty wine glasses or wine charms.Right now coldwater creek has great sales on gloves,scarfs(under $10).I love to give flowers in a beautiful water pitcher.Give me wine and chocolate and I'm your best friend
irishsharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #22
jacksmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
This year for Christmas I'm seriously considering making "grilling" baskets for most of the men in my life. I'll probably seek out some gourmet type BBQ sauces, rubs, marinades, etc, throw in some utensils, and figure out a creative way to wrap them together.
Most of the men I know hardly ever cook, but they're very serious about their grilling.
I love this idea! I bought some grillin utensils 70% off at Target a few weeks ago and would love to make them into a basket with some added grillin sauces as a Christmas gift! Just not sure how to package it?
Old 10-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #23
ceecee
DIS Veteran

Since you don't know them, I wouldn't buy alcohol...a lot of people don't drink. Why do you need to get adults a gift? The parties we go to for adults don't usually give gifts.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #24
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

I only know one of the people celebrating my relative was married to them but they've been divorced for years. I havent seen this person in 20 years. The 2nd person is a cousin i never meet but he is related to the first person i mentioned. The 3rd person and 4th person i've never meet but are connected to the 1st person i mentioned.

I was reconnect to the 1st person by FB. I really dont know any of their likes but i thought it would be nice to be reunited with them. I dont know if they expect gifts for each person or if its a come and have fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: