Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
luvtotraveldcl
Mouseketeer

Best--Cheapest Towncar Service from WDW Resort CSR to Fantasy Cruise???

It has been a few years since we have used a service but this time we are thinking that it would be better to just have someone come get us as opposed to keeping a rental and having the hassle of returning it early on Embarkation morning as we have a early boarding of 11:00AM

We've used Florida towncar in the past but wasn't sure of how they are currently----I did a quote on their site and it was $158----could I do better price wise with another company----trusted though that they would show up on time of the morning of our cruise to pick us up.

Florida Towncar will not pick us up until 10:00am because of the new port rules of being let into the area---does it take more than an hour to get for Cornado Springs REsort to the port?---I can' remember how long it took us the last time but it is very important that we are able to make our early boarding of 11:00am so we want to be there as close to that time as possible.

Just trying to find the best and quickest way to get from our resort to port with a good reliable, cost efficient, transport company----there are 3 of us---and yes we will probably have alot of luggage but I think we might be able to squeeze into a towncar but would prefer a van.

Any reviews on current experiences with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
luvtotraveldcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #2
tallen429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtotraveldcl View Post
It has been a few years since we have used a service but this time we are thinking that it would be better to just have someone come get us as opposed to keeping a rental and having the hassle of returning it early on Embarkation morning as we have a early boarding of 11:00AM

We've used Florida towncar in the past but wasn't sure of how they are currently----I did a quote on their site and it was $158----could I do better price wise with another company----trusted though that they would show up on time of the morning of our cruise to pick us up.

Florida Towncar will not pick us up until 10:00am because of the new port rules of being let into the area---does it take more than an hour to get for Cornado Springs REsort to the port?---I can' remember how long it took us the last time but it is very important that we are able to make our early boarding of 11:00am so we want to be there as close to that time as possible.

Just trying to find the best and quickest way to get from our resort to port with a good reliable, cost efficient, transport company----there are 3 of us---and yes we will probably have alot of luggage but I think we might be able to squeeze into a towncar but would prefer a van.

Any reviews on current experiences with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Contact Orlando Chauffered Services and specifically ask for Paul for your driver.
manager@ocs-orlando.com

I could seriously go on for half a page as to how amazing this company and Paul are! We used them over the summer but this is the first time I've posted about it. I checked several sites and got a lot of quotes but theirs was best and their communication was excellent.
Paul picked us up at MCO and took us to Cocoa Beach where we stayed before a four night cruise. He was waiting there when the ship docked and took us to WDW. While on the way he called all over the place and stopped TWICE to help us get a prescription filled. He was so amazing the kids kept ask for him every time we used a cab. LOL! Then he picked us up VERY early in the morning for an early flight (saving us the three hour deal with ME) and took us to MCO.
Wow, I can't praise the company enough.
We payed a little over $300 (plus GENEROUS tips for such a great driver!) for MCo to Cruise, Cruise to WDW, WDW to MCO. It was by far the best quote I got.
Good luck and have fun!!

tallen429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

The vast majority of towncar companies are going to charge you right around $200, r/t..give or take $30 or so. Then include tips.
A town car should be able to handle 3 people, plus luggage. So, that shouldn't be an issue.
And no, you aren't allowed to drop off or get in line at the ship until 10am. So, no use arriving much before that. It does take about an hour to get there from the WDW area. At least, that's what our times have been.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: