Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
smooreo
Mouseketeer

Tolls from WDW to PC

We are staying at CR/BLT and will be renting a car in DTD and driving to the port (from the hotel). Mapquest says to take the 536 to the 417 and then to the 528. Can anyone please tell me what we can expect in tolls? We're going to turn off the electronic pass and pay cash. I searched and found one old post from 2009 that said the tolls were about $5.00 but I'm sure it's increased since then.

Was Mapquest correct in it's timing....about 1 hour and 20 minutes?

We'd also like to stop at a Publix/Walgreens/Albertsons.....where is the best place to stop en route to the port?

Thanks so much. I really appreciate any assistance.

Sarah
Old 10-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #2
crafty91
DIS Veteran

I'm sure if you grab a roll of quarters you'll be fine. I think when we drove through from WDW to PC its wasn't much more than $5. Yes Mapquest is correct but you can usually get there a bit quicker than that if no traffic (depending on the time of day you are headed to PC.) As for a Publix et al, I'm not from the area but I tend to stop for those kinds of places near WDW, usually just go past Downtown Disney towards Orlando and there are plenty of places at the main intersections before you get to I-4.
Magic March 2010
Wonder March 2011 Mexican Riviera
Fantasy Maiden Voyage March 2012
Fantasy Western July 2012
Fantasy Western March Spring Break 2013
Fantasy March 2014 Western Caribbean

NEXT: Magic Mediterranean July 2014

Beyond: Fantasy Eastern March Spring Break 2015
crafty91 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

As above, the time is a bit over an hour and the tolls are about $5. There are toll booths with persons in them, so correct change is not needed.

You'll pass an exit with a Wal-mart on the way to the port. There is a very expensive grocery store in CrossRoads shopping center just across the street from WDW. There is a Publix on the same road as the port/car rental places. It is initially called "Astronaut Blvd," but I think there is another name change. OK, Publix is about 4-5 miles past the turn off for the terminal on the right side of the road. It is near the THrifty car rental place and across the street from the Best Western hotel.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooreo View Post
We are staying at CR/BLT and will be renting a car in DTD and driving to the port (from the hotel). Mapquest says to take the 536 to the 417 and then to the 528. Can anyone please tell me what we can expect in tolls? We're going to turn off the electronic pass and pay cash. I searched and found one old post from 2009 that said the tolls were about $5.00 but I'm sure it's increased since then.

Was Mapquest correct in it's timing....about 1 hour and 20 minutes?

We'd also like to stop at a Publix/Walgreens/Albertsons.....where is the best place to stop en route to the port?

Thanks so much. I really appreciate any assistance.

Sarah
At the intersection of 536/535 turn right and go up the road about a mile there's a Super Walmart on the right. About another mile up the road is a Publix on the left.

Tolls will be right around $5 as indicated above.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #5
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
There are toll booths with persons in them, so correct change is not needed.
On/off ramps that have toll booths are not manned and will be exact coin or eToll only. Only the main line toll plazas have manned booths.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #6
RedxPanda
DIS Veteran

As you get close to the port, in Cocoa on 528, the Clearlake/524 exit has a nice quiet Publix. There is also a Walmart down a road to the left and a pharmacy or 2. I would assume both are much less busy/crazy than those in Orlando.

I find taking I-4 from Disney to 528 to be quicker, less toll money, and is my preference in driving home. Could differ depending on what time you are driving (rush hour, etc).

This Toll calculator will tell you what to expect to pay. https://www.oocea.com/TravelersExpre...alculator.aspx

Past Sailings/Recent Trips
CCL Triumph - 7N E. Caribbean - 12/2006
NCL POA - 7N Hawaii - 3/2010
CBR - 4 Parks 4 Days - 5/2010
Disney Magic - 4N Bahamas - 5/2012 - Trip Report
Disney Wonder - 5N W. Caribbean - 1/28/2013 - CC Review - Trip Report
CCL Dream - 7N W. Caribbean - 6/22/13 - Port Reviews
RedxPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #7
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedxPanda View Post
As you get close to the port, in Cocoa on 528, the Clearlake/524 exit has a nice quiet Publix. There is also a Walmart down a road to the left and a pharmacy or 2. I would assume both are much less busy/crazy than those in Orlando.

I find taking I-4 from Disney to 528 to be quicker, less toll money, and is my preference in driving home. Could differ depending on what time you are driving (rush hour, etc).

This Toll calculator will tell you what to expect to pay. https://www.oocea.com/TravelersExpre...alculator.aspx
Yes, this is what we do.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #8
smooreo
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for all your replies! We're hoping to leave the hotel by 10 at the latest (maybe by 9 if we get the rental car easily) on Sunday the 28th. I'm hoping traffic will be lighter than usual that day.

Interesting about the I4 being faster. Mapquest says it will take about an hour and 50 minutes. I'll print out both sets of directions to have with us. Is there a radio station anyone recommends that gives traffic every 10 minutes? We have one here that does and it's great for keeping on top of it.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #9
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooreo View Post
Thanks so much for all your replies! We're hoping to leave the hotel by 10 at the latest (maybe by 9 if we get the rental car easily) on Sunday the 28th. I'm hoping traffic will be lighter than usual that day.

Interesting about the I4 being faster. Mapquest says it will take about an hour and 50 minutes. I'll print out both sets of directions to have with us. Is there a radio station anyone recommends that gives traffic every 10 minutes? We have one here that does and it's great for keeping on top of it.
An hour & 50 minutes? It didn't take us more than an hour to get to the coast.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #10
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedxPanda View Post

I agree with you about the Publix/Walmart off of Clearlake Rd in Cocoa.

The tolls via 536/417/528 are $5.00 each way, and a bit less if you take I-4 to 528. However, I'd much rather pay more in tolls and have less traffic on 417/528.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #11
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I agree with you about the Publix/Walmart off of Clearlake Rd in Cocoa.
We also chose to stop at the Publix off of Clearlake Road. It is such an easy off/on. Also there is a Liquor Store next to the Publix that we frequently stop at as well.

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: