Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
DH just requested I fit this in for dinner..have not been in 5 years. How has it been recently?
We went in July, and sadly, while this used to be one of our favorites and must do's...we have decided not to return on next trip. The food was not BAD, it just wasn't as good as it used to be.

The schnitzel used to be chicken...now it's pork and not as good. The atmosphere is still fun and the service was great but the food was just okay...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
stcav2000
Mouseketeer

We just got back and loved it! I like the change to pork schnitzle and the meatballs were amazing. My daughter said it was her favorite meal of the trip. We hadn't been there in years and I was not too impressed last time but this was a great experience. My husband enjoyed being there during Oktoberfest as well.

stcav2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
smcabee
Boomer Sooner

We went in May and It was great. Im going again this Friday so I will post back if the experience is any different this time.
smcabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
lovemy3girls
DIS Veteran

We have been twice in the last 8 months. Once for lunch, once for dinner. We enjoyed it both times. The potato salad is to die for, and we love the meatballs. We were not impressed with the desserts, though. We will probably go back if its the only thing available in the World Showcase or I get a craving for that potato salad!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran

Fabulous again in June!!!

DS(8) DS (11)DD (12)

POR July 2011, POR May 2012, BC June 2012 ; POFQ, AKL, & BC June 2013 (23 night stay!!); POR December 2013,
ASMo for Princess Half Marathon- February 2014
POP/AKL - June 2014; Disney Dream June 2014;
Disneyland - DLH July 2014;
**Coming soon*** ASMu October 2014
goofyredraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #7
Dudetrue
Mouseketeer

We went last Nov and I made ADR for this Nov. I had seen reviews that said it wasn't good but I was enchanted last year! I thought the show was wonderful. The food was so-so but the whole atmsophere was great. The restaurant needs an update but I am looking forward to it. Edelweiss made me a little teary..
Dudetrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #8
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, Recently Ordained.

Our Ratings of Biergarten: (rev 8/10/12)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . characters: B (entertainment, not characters)

NOTE: Seating is on long beer-hall tables, so other families will be
seated with you. Although entertainment at lunch and dinner, the
dinner show is far more fun. At dinner you get more Oom-Pah music
and dancing, let alone be chosen to participate. Although WDW likes
to Americanize its food, Biergarten remains relatively authentic. It
is good, above average German comfort food. The tables are in seats
of 6-8-10-12. (There are three tables for 4 along the mezzanine wall.)
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Location: Overland Park, KS...recently moved from Orlando area

I've been twice within the last week and a half. We went once for lunch on Epcot's 30th anniversary and then were invited to join friends for dinner on the Sunday after.

I had only been to this restaurant one other time for dinner and I absolutely loved it. However, both for lunch and dinner I was a little bit disappointed. I absolutely loved the show. It's so amazing and fun for the whole audience. But, the food just was not as good as I remembered. There were not as many selections and the quality was just so-so.

Some of the food I loved were the meatballs, the warm potato salad and the cold potato salad, the sausages and sauerkraut, the pretzel rolls and the cauliflower soup (really delicious). Sadly my favorite thing was the macaroni and cheese which isn't even German, this was seriously delicious.
Most of the food that I brought back to eat I left on my plate because either the meat was dry or the taste was just off (really disappointed in the schnitzel, it used to be so good). I also agree with the other poster that I was underwhelmed with the desserts. None of them are standouts. The Bavarian cheesecake is the best in my opinion although it more closely resembles a napoleon.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't eat here again because I do love the entertainment, the staff is so amazing and kind, and there is some food I like, but for the price they charge I was expecting there to be more food options and better food quality.
Deb loves Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:40 AM   #10
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

We just went last week & had a great time. great food & great beers. We were only 2 people & sat with a sweet couple from NY & talked to them at dinner. It was a fun time!

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on WDW Trash cans & custodial show at Tokyo DL!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #11
carol-lamb
DIS Veteran

I had lunch there last week on Epcot's 30th and I thought it was good. I have eaten there several times and have my favorites so those are what I ate. Love the cauliflower soup and pretzel bread, the meatballs and hunter sauce are my favorite, and the potato salad is good. I like the salad with the creamy herb dressing. I had some kind of hot sausage that was pretty good. I also liked the roasted potatoes. The desserts are just okay - I had black forest cake which was nothing special - and apple streudel which was kind of tasteless. I can't remember if I had any other dessert.
Spring '86, Summer '89, Spring '92, Summer '97, Summer '98, Summer '01, Spring '03, Summer '04, Summer '05, Christmas '05, Summer '06, Christmas '06, Summer '07, Christmas '07, Summer '08, Christmas '08, Winter '09, Summer '09, Fall '09, Christmas '09, Easter '10, May '10, Summer '10, Fall '10, Christmas '10, Spring '11, Summer '11, Fall '11, Christmas '11, March '12, Summer '12, Fall '12, Christmas '12, January '13, March '13, April '13, June '13, Disneyland August '13, January '14, March '14, June '14, July '14! August '14, Disneyland August '14, Sept. '14,
carol-lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #12
baldy6060
Mouseketeer

My wife and I went in May. It was our favorite meal inside any of the parks. Everything seemed fresh. The warm meats were awesome, the cold salads & such were great. Not a fan of the cold meats. Like eating bologna out of the package, but that's my opinion. I disagree with everyone else on the desserts. Every single one was amazing! I thought so, wife thought so, couple across from us began the conversation about how good they all were. The berries with the cream sauce was our surprise favorite. And it was a really fun experience as well. We are shy people but had no problems here.
baldy6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

We went last year, we thought it was decent. Not great or outstanding, just decent. I wasnt fond of a lot of the meats. I loved the schnitzels thou. But the rest was just meh. I would go back, but not for a while.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #14
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

We went in March, and the food was great!

I'm disappointed we are not eating there again in December. But I had requests for Le Ceiller and La Hacienda and Tuto Italia and fish from the stand by the Rose and Crown, and I just can't fit in another sit down at Epcot!
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #15
RockvilleMom
Earning My Ears

We ate there 2 weeks ago for the first time. The pot roast was one of our favorite dishes the whole week! (It was only on one side of the buffet, so be sure to look for it!). I was pleasantly surprised at how kid-friendly it was (we had a very early dinner reservation). Our 2-year-old had the best time dancing to the band! Sitting with others really re-created the feeling of a German beer garden so we didn't mind at all.
RockvilleMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: