Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
luvtotraveldcl
Mouseketeer

Cabin 6146 FANTASY--ANYONE HAD THIS CABIN---GOOD REVIEWS??

Would love to hear from anyone who has been in this cabin or area in the last few months since the Fantasy has come out. WE chose this based on the location we like from the Magic but I know it will be different with it being a bigger ship and all.

Also would love to know if we will have a great room host---this always means alot to us and I have seen a few reports on here of some of them not being very good lately.

Also, if you have stayed in this cabin---can you see the ocean straight down from the verandah??? or do the lifeboats obscure it----it looks like from the photos of the outside of the ship that there is a space where the cabin is and the lifeboats stop---DD is concerned about not being able to see down at the water especially at night---she loves to go out on the verandah and watch the water go by .

Thanks for your help
luvtotraveldcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

I have not stayed in this stateroom.....yet.....we will be in #6146 on the Fantasy in Oct. 2013. So, like you, I wanted to know what the view would be like. In my search I found the following thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....eam+staterooms

This thread is for 6146 on the Dream, but I believe the layout of rooms is the same on the Fantasy. And although the title says Stateroom 6646 (starboard side), someone posted pictures of Stateroom 6146 (port side), even a picture of where it is located from the outside. Because this room is right above the extended verandah rooms on Deck 5, when you look down you see the verandah below (according to the picture). I am really excited about staying in this room next year.
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western

Last edited by abitagirl916; 10-10-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Clarified some information
abitagirl916 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
luvtotraveldcl
Mouseketeer

Anyone else Is this a good location?? We love aft but with a bigger ship there is more aft to travel.

Is there an aft staircase that would take us right up to cabanas just like on the Magic??

Also, would really like to hear something about the room hostess/host in this area even if you didn't have this particular room.

Thanks
luvtotraveldcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtotraveldcl
Anyone else Is this a good location?? We love aft but with a bigger ship there is more aft to travel.

Is there an aft staircase that would take us right up to cabanas just like on the Magic??

Also, would really like to hear something about the room hostess/host in this area even if you didn't have this particular room.

Thanks
I could be wrong about this, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that the stateroom host/hostesses don't necessarily keep the same section cruise after cruise. They can/do get moved around. So the one the people staying in 'your' cabin on the cruise prior to you won't necessarily have the same stateroom host that you may have. So a review of good or bad service won't really be of help to you for certain...

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: