Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #421
Cierese
Mouseketeer

Sounds (and looks) like you guys had a magical morning! At Disney, not home! Hope you stayed safe through that crazy storm.

I've taken my kids many times in the past, but there are still many things we've not done/rode/eaten. We have a huge list! The more I read your TR, the more my list grows!! Makes me so excited for this fall!!!!

June 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Caribbean Beach Resort!
Oct 2013 - Old Key West and POP!
July 2011 OKW - Big Family Vacation
Nov 2009 All Stars Music - Thanksgiving!
Sep 2004 Off Site -- Jun 2004 Off Site
July 2003 Off Site OIF Welcome Home Trip
Apr 1995 Don't Remember - Magic Music Days -Yes, I was a band geek!!!
Cierese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #422
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

I finally watched your video!

Love it! So cute! You and your DH are great photographers/video-graphers(Is that a word? )

Ugh...I can not WAIT until we finally get to go! Life keeps getting in the way!
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #423
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

It seems like you guys had a great time meeting Tiana! And even better that there was no line.

Fastpass+ will be AMAZING when you donít have to go over to the machines. I hate going over to the FP machines and dealing with stupid people who donít know how to one, speak English, and two, get in a line and not cut you off when you have been waiting there forever.

I have seen TONS of pictures and reviews about Columbia Harbor House and I need to try it on my next trip. The food looks delicious and it would be a nice place to get away from the heat and see the views of Fantasyland and Liberty Square.
LifeIsDis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #424
nannye
DIS Veteran

ahhh ha ha love it!

love both updates!

On that Video thread, i just posted a link to my park fare dinner video. Because of this V is a park fare fan for life! we also did the breakfast last time and it was nice as well. I hated our seats for both. Tiny seriously tiny table for two. I'm going to ask for a bigger table next time. it would be fine for two adults but I had a kid who needs room to moove! That might be your only downfall as a party of 5 but can't be any worse than crystal palace.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Last edited by nannye; 01-30-2013 at 09:16 PM.
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:56 AM   #425
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Your meet with Tiana sounds so sweet!

Awwww that CM outside of CHH sounds awesome!!! I love that he was such a proud grandpa too!!! Someday we have to get to CHH, we are just never nearby when we get hungry for lunch!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #426
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningStitch View Post
boo for tornado warnings, but hooray for another update! Hopefully the weather calms down for you soon.

First thing I need to call out before anything else: Ramblin' Rose? That is the best name EVER. I don't know why, but that makes me happy.

I'm sure you guys had a wonderful time on Winnie the Pooh. How can you not?

We also love Columbia Harbor House, but didn't get to eat there at all this past trip! We tried to go once, but it was just after 5 and they had closed. It was a sad day in the Magic Kingdom (well, not really, but you know what I'm saying).

The teaser for your next update sounds ominous. DUN DUN DUN!
Brynn loves to name things. LOVES. And she's so good at it that often write down the names. They're either really beautiful, or really made up and hard to pronounce!
We have tried them for dinner before not realizing they were closed. That was a bummer. It's lunch every time now.
Next update= and .

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520 View Post
Another great update!!! Even to this day I always get a feeling before trying to pull out the sword from the stone "maybe it will come out this time" I know, I'm weird.... I don't think I've we have ever been to Harbor House (not a seafood fan) but I'm glad you had a good meal there.

I hope the tornado warning pass quickly. Can't wait for your next installment.
Oh, I feel it too, and each and every time they fully believe, I believe as well. Even for non-seafood fans, there are several options, including a pretty darn good salad with chicken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Funny- I'm on the DIS avoiding my wet basement. Seems the sump pumps couldn't keep up with the floodlike rains we've been having.

Sounds like an awesome meeting with Tiana! She is one that always seems to be perfectly in character.

I can't believe that you rode IASW!!! J/K i know how much you love it.

Rambling Rose huh? That's fantastic.

Oh no, mishaps to come? Do tell.
YIKES! We have no basement in this house (reason for the half-bath cramming), but our town is pretty soggy and flooded in several places now.
Tiana is always spectacular. I'd be lying if I said that the lack of wait wasn't just as spectacular.
I know, I shocked everyone with IASW. That was out of left field!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
How scary about the tornado warnings! I hope that you all remain safe!

Great update Brynn seems like such a creative little girl - I love the name that she gave to her horse! I'm glad that you had such a great interaction with Tiana too, such cute pictures.
Thank you, we ARE safe, aside from some flooded areas and some trees down. The town we moved here from, unfortunately, is not so lucky (Adairsville), as they took a direct tornado hit. It is in the middle of nowhere and the town didn't have much, anyway. Now it has less .
Brynnie is so full of creativity. She never fails to shock us and make us laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegib95 View Post
Stopping by to say I am In.... Read through all of last years, and caught up t today on this years....

Thank you for being so detailed, its making like I'm living through a WDW vacation right now, as I count down till December.
WOW! Thank you!
I'm glad you're joining us! I can't help but be detailed--it's like me in real life...I never stop talking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegib95 View Post
We went in March 2010 for Dinner... Cindy was so so, Prince was alright, but the interactions with the Step Sisters and Lady Tremain were incredible....
Most memorable of the trip...

Food was pretty standard Buffet Food if I remember, the Cold Strawberry Soup was amazing.
Oooooh, THIS is where the strawberry soup is!? YUM! Can't wait to try that! I'm hoping my kids enjoy the step sisters and Lady Tremaine as much as they claim they're going to . I know they'll love CIndy and PC, of course. And I'm going to love FINALLY getting to see inside GF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Thatís so great that you guys got a great experience with Tiana with no wait! Iíve noticed that her line is usually way better in the morning, but Naveen doesnít come out til later, maybe thatís why? Lol.

Rambling Rose! How adorable! Haha, I love that the girls named the horses, cute!

ACK! I know what you mean, that cluster of Splash & BT is just not fun to fight through, especially for fast passes, itís so congested down there and drives me crazy!!

Iíve only managed to eat at CHH once, I tried again the last trip, but it was closed early for MVMCP! Sad! I want to try something else aside from the salad, baha!

AAAAAHHHH ARE YOU SSEEEERRRIIOOUUSSS?!?! That bird dancer in FOTLK is my ultimate dream! Itíd be so amazing!! AH, crazy!! You guys certainly had an awesome experience before you even got into the restaurant!

Looks like a great meal overall, and a yummy one!
We didn't mention that Naveen would be out later. Problem solved!
Dude. I want to be that bird. I was so close to begging him to take me to her RIGHTTHISSECOND, but the family was hungry. I wanted to let her know that I wanted to be her...not creepy, right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I hope no tornado actually formed in your area.

Looks like a productive morning. Love the meeting with Tiana. So sweet that she insisted on seeing Sawyer.
Well, it did hit our previous city pretty hard. We actually wanted to move here for a couple of reasons, but one of them was definitely that it seems to be constantly getting tornadoes and straight line winds and our time there was spent in the basement or dodging the trees falling on our house. It's only thirty minutes from here, so I'm not sure why they're always getting horrible weather and we don't. But I'm telling you that I'm so thankful we live here now instead.
I'm telling you, the CM experience was a fluke, because the characters ADORED Sawyer for the rest of the trip, for the most part! That made me so happy...ya know, until I had to force him back into the stroller...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickyrowe View Post
OT but just had to say, I love your trip video and have forced DH to watch it several times, well I was on the way to my first job interview in 5 years and whilst listening to the local radio station they played a song from your video. It put me in such a good mood remembering your video I had a great interview Thankyou xx
THAT IS AWESOME!!!! I read this to my DH. I think this is one of the best comments we've had! How touching. I'm so pleased you had a great interview, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
CHH was our first Disney restaurant too! Well, as a family. Mike & I had both been to Disney World before we had ever met I lovelove the Light House Sandwich. YUM. I want one right now!
I've never tried it, but I keep swearing I'm going to. I can never say no to the fish basket, though! Decisions, decisions...

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #427
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cierese View Post
Sounds (and looks) like you guys had a magical morning! At Disney, not home! Hope you stayed safe through that crazy storm.

I've taken my kids many times in the past, but there are still many things we've not done/rode/eaten. We have a huge list! The more I read your TR, the more my list grows!! Makes me so excited for this fall!!!!
That's the whole reason I love to read TRs...ideas! I keep lots of lists.
This fall will be amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier's*Sweeties View Post
I finally watched your video!

Love it! So cute! You and your DH are great photographers/video-graphers(Is that a word? )

Ugh...I can not WAIT until we finally get to go! Life keeps getting in the way!
I'm so glad!
Gosh, thanks! It's all him, though! Even though I did hold the video camera half the time, I didn't really know what I was shooting, and I did none of the editing. Gotta give the man credit; he worked so hard!
SOON you'll get to go. SOON. Sigh, life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
It seems like you guys had a great time meeting Tiana! And even better that there was no line.

Fastpass+ will be AMAZING when you donít have to go over to the machines. I hate going over to the FP machines and dealing with stupid people who donít know how to one, speak English, and two, get in a line and not cut you off when you have been waiting there forever.

I have seen TONS of pictures and reviews about Columbia Harbor House and I need to try it on my next trip. The food looks delicious and it would be a nice place to get away from the heat and see the views of Fantasyland and Liberty Square.
I agree with all that!!
CHH is so cozy, especially in the quiet of the upstairs (once you do upstairs, you'll never sit downstairs again!). It's really like you're in a whole other time and place. Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
ahhh ha ha love it!

love both updates!

On that Video thread, i just posted a link to my park fare dinner video. Because of this V is a park fare fan for life! we also did the breakfast last time and it was nice as well. I hated our seats for both. Tiny seriously tiny table for two. I'm going to ask for a bigger table next time. it would be fine for two adults but I had a kid who needs room to moove! That might be your only downfall as a party of 5 but can't be any worse than crystal palace.
I hope my kids love it as much as V! Yeah, I am worried about the table issue, but it would honestly be no different than several restaurants already have been. We handled CP and GG, so we can handle it, I think. Anything for those characters! I do think I'll ask that they make sure our table is big enough, though. I need to learn to speak up about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your meet with Tiana sounds so sweet!

Awwww that CM outside of CHH sounds awesome!!! I love that he was such a proud grandpa too!!! Someday we have to get to CHH, we are just never nearby when we get hungry for lunch!
He was such a sweetie, and so funny!
We weren't near CHH, really, and it was exhausting and hot getting back to it, but it was worth it! (Except to Brynn, who didn't take a bite of anything. She doesn't know if it was worth it or not.)

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Old 01-31-2013, 01:35 PM   #428
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Hi, my name is Monica and I'm Georgia girl too, Woodstock to be exact. I discovered your video on You Tube and loved it so much that I just had to find your trip report. We were at WDW the same week as you guys (fall break for us too). And we were at the MK at the same time. It was my first September trip but the free dining and the timing were perfect. I'm curious about how you handled the rest of the week as all I remember is rain, rain and more rain.

My 9yr old daughter was recently diagnosed with Misophonia (sensory issues that is include aversion to certain sounds) and we ear muff it too. We went to an audiologist yesterday and she recommended these little things that look like hearing aids but they produce a low level of white noise that block unpleasant noises and kids with sensory issues find it soothing. It helps them get through everyday life, especially school. I don't know if this would help Brynn but I'm always looking for ideas for my Maggie. It's called Tranquil Simplicity II by the General Hearing Co. And thanks to you, I learned about the Guest Assistance Card which will really be helpful for Maggie on our upcoming Spring Break trip.

Oh, I wanted to ask where you got your "Chef" shirts, they are cute as can be!

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #429
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
Hi, my name is Monica and I'm Georgia girl too, Woodstock to be exact. I discovered your video on You Tube and loved it so much that I just had to find your trip report. We were at WDW the same week as you guys (fall break for us too). And we were at the MK at the same time. It was my first September trip but the free dining and the timing were perfect. I'm curious about how you handled the rest of the week as all I remember is rain, rain and more rain.

My 9yr old daughter was recently diagnosed with Misophonia (sensory issues that is include aversion to certain sounds) and we ear muff it too. We went to an audiologist yesterday and she recommended these little things that look like hearing aids but they produce a low level of white noise that block unpleasant noises and kids with sensory issues find it soothing. It helps them get through everyday life, especially school. I don't know if this would help Brynn but I'm always looking for ideas for my Maggie. It's called Tranquil Simplicity II by the General Hearing Co. And thanks to you, I learned about the Guest Assistance Card which will really be helpful for Maggie on our upcoming Spring Break trip.

Oh, I wanted to ask where you got your "Chef" shirts, they are cute as can be!
Canton/Holly Springs here!
We love our September trips. We did end up in some rain, but some of the time we just so happened to be back at the resort or doing something indoors when it happened...except sometimes we got drenched...you'll see.
I am going to see about those! Not sure she'd like something sticking in her ear, though. It might be finding out which bothers her more!
The GAC was so helpful to us. The bigger she gets, the harder it is for us to handle both her meltdowns and when her legs give out. I'm so glad we found out about it, and I'm so glad you know about it, too!
We actually made those Chef shirts last year! Brandon found an image online and digitally "painted" it. I think they were coloring book or cook book images from the eighties. The girls got Minnie with a cake, the boys got Chef Mickey, and he added on their names. I used our printer and iron-on paper. I actually do that quite a bit! The shirt Sawyer wore the day before (Mickey head with his name) and the one he's wearing on this day (Pooh) were both made by me, as well as some more you'll see coming up. It's the cheap way of getting Disney clothes for me, as I can't pay to have all the kids have personalized clothing for trips.
Glad you're here! Love having a fellow Cherokee Co. gal around!

Old 01-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #430
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Location: On the westside of the cornfield and to the east of the soybeans

Oh Jen with your previous Disney mishap history it makes me nervous when you say a update filled with mishaps!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2970848
MrsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:38 PM   #431
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBearcat View Post
Oh Jen with your previous Disney mishap history it makes me nervous when you say a update filled with mishaps!
For good reason!! No worries, it's not a sickness or anything, and it's just one incident, although it is quite a biggie...especially to me. Don't be nervous!! (That helps, right ?)

Old 01-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #432
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Ohmygosh I hope you are safe from tornadoes today!!

Love their persistence with the sword! The law of averages right? One day it'll have to come out for them. Maybe not? But love that they keep trying

They're too cute naming the horses. Rambling Rose is too adorable

CHH sounds really good! We're gonna have to try it some time.

Uhoh. That's some foreshadowing you have going!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #433
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Ohmygosh I hope you are safe from tornadoes today!!

Love their persistence with the sword! The law of averages right? One day it'll have to come out for them. Maybe not? But love that they keep trying

They're too cute naming the horses. Rambling Rose is too adorable

CHH sounds really good! We're gonna have to try it some time.

Uhoh. That's some foreshadowing you have going!
We are just fine! Thanks for your well-wishes.
Those kids are nothing if not determined! I really hope it happens for them one day...although if it happens for one and not the other, there will be meltdowns for sure. I shudder to think of that.
CHH is definitely one of the top CS places. You HAVE to try it! I don't know of anyone who dislikes it. (And if someone is reading this and dislikes it...sshhhhh!)

Old 02-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #434
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
Well, it did hit our previous city pretty hard. We actually wanted to move here for a couple of reasons, but one of them was definitely that it seems to be constantly getting tornadoes and straight line winds and our time there was spent in the basement or dodging the trees falling on our house. It's only thirty minutes from here, so I'm not sure why they're always getting horrible weather and we don't. But I'm telling you that I'm so thankful we live here now instead.
I'm telling you, the CM experience was a fluke, because the characters ADORED Sawyer for the rest of the trip, for the most part! That made me so happy...ya know, until I had to force him back into the stroller...
That's pretty scary! I'm glad that you guys moved out of that area then.

It's great that the characters are so great at interacting with kids. I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I was actually a bit jealous/upset that the characters would pay so much attention to Claudia and none to me. She's too young to really realize what was going on, or to feel the magic, so I wanted to be the ones to get the hugs and stuff. I'm so grown up. Shhh!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #435
1000HappyWishes
I know every mile will be my worth my while.

Finally caught up with this TR! Looking forward to the rest of it!

WDW: 2001, 2003, 2013
Disneyland: 2007
Universal: 2013
1000HappyWishes is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: