Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #406
GrimGrinningStitch
A Swinging Wake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post

I HOPE SO! Because you'll have to make ADRs mid-March...and I just happen to have to great ADR selections just in case you want an entertaining meal with a vibrant family of five! We're there Sept 13-22. I booked a portion of our trip last night! EEEEEEK! IT'S REAL!
Weellllllllllll very reliable sources have informed me there is a 90%+ chance we will be going from Sep 12th-22nd. Still lots to be worked out (where we would be staying, etc), but I'm pretty confident that'll be happening, barring random unforeseen life/work events.
GrimGrinningStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #407
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningStitch View Post
Weellllllllllll very reliable sources have informed me there is a 90%+ chance we will be going from Sep 12th-22nd. Still lots to be worked out (where we would be staying, etc), but I'm pretty confident that'll be happening, barring random unforeseen life/work events.
AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I literally just screamed out loud at my computer and got tears in my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hype r:

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #408
GrimGrinningStitch
A Swinging Wake

Quote:

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I literally just screamed out loud at my computer and got tears in my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hype r:
:

We're pretty darn excited as well! Hooooooraaaaay!
Old 01-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #409
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It really was a wonderful breakfast.
I didn't blame the girls much, either...now, if Brynn had chosen to eat bacon and sausage over hanging out with the actual pig Piglet, that might have seemed a bit uncouth...
We're trying 1900 Park Fare next trip! I think we're doing dinner, though. Have you ever had dinner there?

Hahahaha good point with Piglet

We only had breakfast but I've heard only wonderful things about dinner especially the stepsisters! And it's such a lovely restaurant! I'm sure you guys will love it!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #410
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

This update brought to you by tornado warnings, which are keeping Sawyer and me in the downstairs half-bath today. Fun times with sirens.

We headed out of Crystal Palace and walked toward our next destination, which was in Fantasyland. We veered toward the left of the castle to use the pathway, but we immediately noticed someone very special meeting and greeting with absolutely NO line--TIANA!

We walked straight up to her and sent the girls her way, deciding to keep Sawyer strapped in. They took this picture, then Tiana asked, "Who is that cutie in that stroller wavin' at me? You want to come see me, don't you, Suga'?" And she insisted we bring Sawyer over, where she sweet talked him for a bit before posing for another picture that included her new sweetheart!

Since we have waited for hours before, and even missed meeting her altogether due to closed lines, we were so pleased to have such a quick and truly memorable meeting with her!

With that done, we fought Sawyer back into the stroller and headed out to something we'd promised Brynn we'd do immediately...any guesses?!

OF COURSE it was "it's a small world!" You know we have to see how many times we can fit IASW into our trip just for her! Along the way, we grabbed Fastpasses for Winnie the Pooh , which came with the obligatory Dumbo "bonus" fastpasses, and were soon sailing on the happiest cruise that ever sailed!

See? Told ya. That's proof.

Brynn decided the lamb was her favorite today.

And Brandon's favorite is always the hippo with the eyes that are usually closed...but he caught it just right!

Immediately, our FPs for WTP were ready. Obviously we really needed them that morning. We did ride it, but I have no photo evidence for some reason...perhaps Brandon was still in a stupor of amazement from the spectacular IASW. (Perhaps not.) We do have video of the ride, so I know we were there! Plus, my notes say so! I'm sure we all enjoyed it very much, though it's quite possible we didn't. I dunno.

Afterwards, it was time to test our huge muscles. Again. Because we've been so successful in the past?? No, because we just never give up.

I distinctly remember having to get onto Julia for trying to take over Brynn's turn. She really, really believes that she of all people should be able to pull the dang sword out of the silly stone (anvil?). Maybe one day she will, but until then she needs to give others (and give peace!) a chance.

We were going at our leisurely pace and decided that since we were ahead of schedule we should go for a spin on the carousel. Rather, the girls and I should spin while the little one stayed in a stroller and the big sicky stood around trying not to be ill just watching it turn.

The girls carefully chose their horses...and then they chose again because I informed them that they needed to be together. Finally, they settled on two lovely gals and immediately named them (duh!). Julia named hers "Jewel." Creative, naming one something similar to your own name...Brynn named hers "Rambling Rose." I kid you not.

After that thrilling ride, we decided to make the looooooooong journey all the way to the Fastpass machines at Splash Mountain. We got three FPs and a baby swap pass, then headed off to lunch. Anyone else agree with me that this will be the good point of the Fastpass+ thing? I, for one, hate walking into that congested area of SM and BTMRR just to grab FPs and have to claw my way out against determined and/or already-wet guests. If I can enter it on my iPad and avoid that bottleneck, I will be ecstatic.

So, LUNCH.

It was a no-brainer! We LOVE Columbia Harbour House and headed straight there, nearly dying in the heat on the way over.

We parked our strollers and began to walk inside, only to be stopped by the town crier so the girls could ring his bell! And while they rang it, he did a little dance and sang "Mahna Mahna" from the Muppets! I KID YOU NOT! How awesome is that!?! No pictures, but it is in our video if you saw it, though the audio is not. Audio fail, because that was freakin' hilarious! He also let us in on a little secret that his granddaughter is the bird in FOTLK! He wanted to be a proud grandpa and just had to tell someone who made Disney a truly family affair just like they do--that was us! He was bursting with pride; it was so sweet!

We reluctantly headed inside and we got everyone situated upstairs at one of the circular tables in a little alcove that overlooks Liberty Square on one side and Fantasyland on the other.

I took everyone's order, knowing full well that someone wouldn't eat what she insisted on. That someone was Brynn, who demanded a tuna sandwich. Now, she likes to eat Mac and Tuna, but I kept telling her she wouldn't eat tuna salad. I was right and she didn't even take a bite.

Anyway, I went down to gather food, and a nice CM who barely spoke English knew enough to want to help me with my trays upstairs. Gosh, I love that!

The girls had been playing with their pipe cleaners (er, chenille sticks) while they waited.

Sawyer was using his as a sword. If he couldn't pull it out of the stone, he'd just make his own.

Julia and I both got fish plates with apple tarts. Brandon had the shrimp, as usual.

You just can't go wrong with this! Always delicious. She graciously gave a piece to Sawyer, as we didn't order him anything but yogurt.

We love this place. It's the first restaurant we ever ate at in WDW, so we have warm fuzzies about it.

So, full of yummy food, we headed out for an afternoon of fun...and an evening of mishaps.

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #411
GrimGrinningStitch
A Swinging Wake

boo for tornado warnings, but hooray for another update! Hopefully the weather calms down for you soon.

First thing I need to call out before anything else: Ramblin' Rose? That is the best name EVER. I don't know why, but that makes me happy.

I'm sure you guys had a wonderful time on Winnie the Pooh. How can you not?

We also love Columbia Harbor House, but didn't get to eat there at all this past trip! We tried to go once, but it was just after 5 and they had closed. It was a sad day in the Magic Kingdom (well, not really, but you know what I'm saying).

The teaser for your next update sounds ominous. DUN DUN DUN!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #412
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

Another great update!!! Even to this day I always get a feeling before trying to pull out the sword from the stone "maybe it will come out this time" I know, I'm weird.... I don't think I've we have ever been to Harbor House (not a seafood fan) but I'm glad you had a good meal there.

I hope the tornado warning pass quickly. Can't wait for your next installment.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #413
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Funny- I'm on the DIS avoiding my wet basement. Seems the sump pumps couldn't keep up with the floodlike rains we've been having.

Sounds like an awesome meeting with Tiana! She is one that always seems to be perfectly in character.

I can't believe that you rode IASW!!! J/K i know how much you love it.

Rambling Rose huh? That's fantastic.

Oh no, mishaps to come? Do tell.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #414
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

How scary about the tornado warnings! I hope that you all remain safe!

Great update Brynn seems like such a creative little girl - I love the name that she gave to her horse! I'm glad that you had such a great interaction with Tiana too, such cute pictures.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #415
thegib95
Mouseketeer

Stopping by to say I am In.... Read through all of last years, and caught up t today on this years....

Thank you for being so detailed, its making like I'm living through a WDW vacation right now, as I count down till December.

Me DW DD (1.4.11)

Trips: 1982: Mom's Belly | 1992-CB | 1997-PO | 1998-BWV | Summer 1999-BWV | Christmas 1999- BWV | Summer 2001-BW | Summer 2002-YC | Spring 2005-BCV | March 2010- POFQ
September 2012 -- BCV |December 2013-AKL |September 2014-AKL

thegib95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #416
thegib95
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We're trying 1900 Park Fare next trip! I think we're doing dinner, though. Have you ever had dinner there?

We went in March 2010 for Dinner... Cindy was so so, Prince was alright, but the interactions with the Step Sisters and Lady Tremain were incredible....
Most memorable of the trip...

Food was pretty standard Buffet Food if I remember, the Cold Strawberry Soup was amazing.

Me DW DD (1.4.11)

Trips: 1982: Mom's Belly | 1992-CB | 1997-PO | 1998-BWV | Summer 1999-BWV | Christmas 1999- BWV | Summer 2001-BW | Summer 2002-YC | Spring 2005-BCV | March 2010- POFQ
September 2012 -- BCV |December 2013-AKL |September 2014-AKL

thegib95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #417
katt789
DIS Veteran

Thatís so great that you guys got a great experience with Tiana with no wait! Iíve noticed that her line is usually way better in the morning, but Naveen doesnít come out til later, maybe thatís why? Lol.

Rambling Rose! How adorable! Haha, I love that the girls named the horses, cute!

ACK! I know what you mean, that cluster of Splash & BT is just not fun to fight through, especially for fast passes, itís so congested down there and drives me crazy!!

Iíve only managed to eat at CHH once, I tried again the last trip, but it was closed early for MVMCP! Sad! I want to try something else aside from the salad, baha!

AAAAAHHHH ARE YOU SSEEEERRRIIOOUUSSS?!?! That bird dancer in FOTLK is my ultimate dream! Itíd be so amazing!! AH, crazy!! You guys certainly had an awesome experience before you even got into the restaurant!

Looks like a great meal overall, and a yummy one!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #418
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I hope no tornado actually formed in your area.

Looks like a productive morning. Love the meeting with Tiana. So sweet that she insisted on seeing Sawyer.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #419
Vickyrowe
Only 4 Months Until My Birthday Trip !!!!!

OT but just had to say, I love your trip video and have forced DH to watch it several times, well I was on the way to my first job interview in 5 years and whilst listening to the local radio station they played a song from your video. It put me in such a good mood remembering your video I had a great interview Thankyou xx
Vickyrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #420
merbobear
DIS Veteran

CHH was our first Disney restaurant too! Well, as a family. Mike & I had both been to Disney World before we had ever met I lovelove the Light House Sandwich. YUM. I want one right now!

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: