Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #331
katt789
DIS Veteran

Yay for so many updates! And YAY for a trip video!! Iíve always wanted to make one, but didnít really plan anything until this past Sept, and most of the trip there was only 2 people at a time, so that can be kinda hard to video cool things, bahaha!

Oh man, I totally do the same thing with my notes, or Iíll just write down stuff like Ėparade, Tiana, splash, snack, fireworks, and have no idea what happened in that time aside from that, bahahah. At least thereís always pictures to go off of!

Wow those pictures of Spaceship Earth! I love the black and white ones, so pretty!

Ahahahaa, oh Disney baconÖeverytime that I try it, I think, ďmaybe itíll be good this timeĒ and it just never isÖlikeÖwhat is it with the bacon?! Everything else is so tasty!

Rule breaker!! But those are awesome shots! I seriously wish that you could actually get good pictures on more rides (well, I guess people with actual camera skills and good cameras can get pictures, but I just managed some PPF pictures on my like, 11th trip, bahah!) How cute that Julia tattled!

A wait for Livin in the Land?! How weird! Iíve only been on the ride once and was still feeling queasy from Soarin, so I donít really remember itÖNEXT TIME!

I love the girls dresses! Thereís so many adorable outfits that kids can wear at Disney that adults just couldnít get away with. Iíve always wanted to do the tutu and tank top combo, but think that might just be weird, I just try to ďDisneyboundĒ as much as I can! Ah! Just noticed that all of you are matching! Such a good idea to keep everyone together and remember what theyíre wearing! Haha, my Mom lucked out with my super bleach blonde hair, she could always find me.

What is it with that queue!?! Itís always dead, and no one I talk to has ever seen it full, but itís so empty, and DARK!

AH! Just did the math and we were totes at Epcot that morning/early afternoon too! And definitely probably in the same spots at the same time!

Haha, I totally get the Duffy thing, heís adorable and I love him, but Iím not about to buy another stuffed bear that then Iíll want a million outfits for! Ahahahahaha,
Thatís great that the kids have new cuddle buddies! How cute!

I have to agree about the greaseyness of some of the food in Mexico, and I just had the chips and guac! Those mini churros look delicious though!

Oh my gosh those pictures of Brynn on the boat are adorable, she just looks so content and happy looking at everything. Thank goodness for boat rides! Oh Fiesta Margarita, they are so tastyÖand strong! It takes me until like, Germany, maybe even France sometimes to finish them, and I love my tequila! Hhaha.

I donít think Iíve ever spent that much time in the China pavilion, heck, I usually skim Epcot to a half or 3/4 day, haha, glad you guys got so much exploring done!

That certainly is a small little table! And for a meal served family style, plus coloring pages, that makes it even tinier! Dear god, looking at the table from the top, like, thatís a 4 person table, not a 5 plus a family served dinner, thatís insane!

Ahhhh! Sawyer with the ears on is so cute! That seems like quite the awesome day in Epcot despite the headache, Iím glad it didnít bother you for the rest of the week! So weird that we were in Epcot on the same day, Iím sure we crossed paths at some point out in WS, or even in the Land/Sea, who knows?! We did start in Canada, and end in Mexico, but somewhere in the middle, we mightíve walked right by each other! Weird! Excited to read more!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #332
LauraluvsDisney2
Earning My Ears

All caught up. Love all of the updates!!

LauraluvsDisney2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #333
kate_wdw
DIS Veteran

Fantastic updates! The girls look extra adorable with their faces painted.

I'm looking forward to the video!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #334
Cierese
Mouseketeer

Lovin' your TR! I admit I'm jealous of the super cute dresses on your girls. My daughter is turning 11 this year and not into cutesy dresses anymore. Maybe I'll make some shirts similar for her and my niece for our trip in Oct.

Also, that face painting tent in Epcot must have magic brushes! My youngest has SPD and can not stand for anyone or anything to be touching his face, but there he just laid back and let them do their work. Since his cousin was getting a pirate face, he begged to do the same and I gave in. I had warned them that he wouldn't last long and to just do something small like a mustache or pirate-ish face cut and that if he got fidgety to just stop. He ended up both and an eye patch!

June 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Caribbean Beach Resort!
Oct 2013 - Old Key West and POP!
July 2011 OKW - Big Family Vacation
Nov 2009 All Stars Music - Thanksgiving!
Sep 2004 Off Site -- Jun 2004 Off Site
July 2003 Off Site OIF Welcome Home Trip
Apr 1995 Don't Remember - Magic Music Days -Yes, I was a band geek!!!
Cierese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #335
JDailey
Mouseketeer

YAY for the new update!! I hate you had such a bad headache. That makes for such a bad time...you try to keep a happy face on for your family and inside you feel awful!!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #336
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Yay for so many updates! And YAY for a trip video!! Iíve always wanted to make one, but didnít really plan anything until this past Sept, and most of the trip there was only 2 people at a time, so that can be kinda hard to video cool things, bahaha!

Oh man, I totally do the same thing with my notes, or Iíll just write down stuff like Ėparade, Tiana, splash, snack, fireworks, and have no idea what happened in that time aside from that, bahahah. At least thereís always pictures to go off of!

Wow those pictures of Spaceship Earth! I love the black and white ones, so pretty!

Ahahahaa, oh Disney baconÖeverytime that I try it, I think, ďmaybe itíll be good this timeĒ and it just never isÖlikeÖwhat is it with the bacon?! Everything else is so tasty!

Rule breaker!! But those are awesome shots! I seriously wish that you could actually get good pictures on more rides (well, I guess people with actual camera skills and good cameras can get pictures, but I just managed some PPF pictures on my like, 11th trip, bahah!) How cute that Julia tattled!

A wait for Livin in the Land?! How weird! Iíve only been on the ride once and was still feeling queasy from Soarin, so I donít really remember itÖNEXT TIME!

I love the girls dresses! Thereís so many adorable outfits that kids can wear at Disney that adults just couldnít get away with. Iíve always wanted to do the tutu and tank top combo, but think that might just be weird, I just try to ďDisneyboundĒ as much as I can! Ah! Just noticed that all of you are matching! Such a good idea to keep everyone together and remember what theyíre wearing! Haha, my Mom lucked out with my super bleach blonde hair, she could always find me.

What is it with that queue!?! Itís always dead, and no one I talk to has ever seen it full, but itís so empty, and DARK!

AH! Just did the math and we were totes at Epcot that morning/early afternoon too! And definitely probably in the same spots at the same time!

Haha, I totally get the Duffy thing, heís adorable and I love him, but Iím not about to buy another stuffed bear that then Iíll want a million outfits for! Ahahahahaha,
Thatís great that the kids have new cuddle buddies! How cute!

I have to agree about the greaseyness of some of the food in Mexico, and I just had the chips and guac! Those mini churros look delicious though!

Oh my gosh those pictures of Brynn on the boat are adorable, she just looks so content and happy looking at everything. Thank goodness for boat rides! Oh Fiesta Margarita, they are so tastyÖand strong! It takes me until like, Germany, maybe even France sometimes to finish them, and I love my tequila! Hhaha.

I donít think Iíve ever spent that much time in the China pavilion, heck, I usually skim Epcot to a half or 3/4 day, haha, glad you guys got so much exploring done!

That certainly is a small little table! And for a meal served family style, plus coloring pages, that makes it even tinier! Dear god, looking at the table from the top, like, thatís a 4 person table, not a 5 plus a family served dinner, thatís insane!

Ahhhh! Sawyer with the ears on is so cute! That seems like quite the awesome day in Epcot despite the headache, Iím glad it didnít bother you for the rest of the week! So weird that we were in Epcot on the same day, Iím sure we crossed paths at some point out in WS, or even in the Land/Sea, who knows?! We did start in Canada, and end in Mexico, but somewhere in the middle, we mightíve walked right by each other! Weird! Excited to read more!
Oh, my gosh!! So neat that we might have crossed paths! You might need to look for yourself in my upcoming trip video!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraluvsDisney2 View Post
All caught up. Love all of the updates!!
Thanks! I am working on more now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate_wdw View Post
Fantastic updates! The girls look extra adorable with their faces painted.

I'm looking forward to the video!
Well, I'm glad you like it, because there was A LOT of face painting this trip! I do love Brynn's cat face, though, because she is always pretending to be a cat. It fit her so well!
I'm pushing for Brandon to finish it by this weekend, but we'll see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cierese View Post
Lovin' your TR! I admit I'm jealous of the super cute dresses on your girls. My daughter is turning 11 this year and not into cutesy dresses anymore. Maybe I'll make some shirts similar for her and my niece for our trip in Oct.

Also, that face painting tent in Epcot must have magic brushes! My youngest has SPD and can not stand for anyone or anything to be touching his face, but there he just laid back and let them do their work. Since his cousin was getting a pirate face, he begged to do the same and I gave in. I had warned them that he wouldn't last long and to just do something small like a mustache or pirate-ish face cut and that if he got fidgety to just stop. He ended up both and an eye patch!
They really are magic!! It is a struggle to get her to let me even wash her face, but she just sat there like she was in Heaven!! Her skin is super-sensitive, but not at the face-painting booths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDailey View Post
YAY for the new update!! I hate you had such a bad headache. That makes for such a bad time...you try to keep a happy face on for your family and inside you feel awful!!
Hehe...at least putting on a happy face this year was easier than putting on a happy face the year before when we all had the stomach virus!
I really did have fun, despite feeling like crud.

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #337
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Ah so many updates! Such amazing pictures- I hope I can get that talented one day! I CAN'T wait to see your video. Sounds amazing

Epcot and I have such a strange relationship. I know people LOVE it and I want to love it but I just don't! Last time we didn't even make it to the WS cause we were fed up after Ellen we left but I hoped the WS would bring up my opinion this time. While they did an excellent job with the theming and it is gorgeous, the food just doesn't seem authentic to me!

I did enjoy stalking characters in every country though!

Oh Duffy! I find him adorable and did have to resist buying his stuffed animal but he's so strange. I googled it and they definitely changed his back story! When we were just there, people were walking past him going "oh it's that random epcot bear!" But it's really cute that your kids love him!

Aw Julia's Crush question is too cute! How smart she is

People can be so rude and insensitive! It's SO hard for differently-abled children. They just want to enjoy themselves like everyone else but have so much going on.

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #338
mxkris
Mouseketeer

Your pictures are so AWESOME! I just can't say it enough! I can't wait for the video! And those Epcot outfits are just tooo damn cute!! I definitely saw you guys that day, right in front of Mission Space! We also ate at La Cantina that day for lunch, I'm so sad we weren't there around the same time so we could have talked some!! I feel your pain about the headaches! I get terrible migraines and carry around pills that are also like $60 for 10! But hey, they can seriously ruin your day, and who wants a Disney day ruined! Man, I wish I would have come up to you, I would have given you something from my bag of goodies for your head!

Wilderness Lodge -1994 Fort Wilderness Cabin - May 2004 - HS Graduation Offsite - September 2010 CBR - September 2012 CBR - September 2013 runDisney Enchanted 10k - February 2014 OKW runDisney Tot Ten Miler! - October 2014 POP
mxkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #339
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Holy updates, Batman! Aren't you the power poster?

I've been away from the Dis, but I'm all caught up now! As always, your kids are beyond adorable, and the photos are SO good! Hooray for a successful Epcot day!

Ugh...I'm so sorry about your headache (been there, done that, got the T-shirt)...very glad to hear you didn't have a repeat!!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #340
norybell
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Your family is beyond adorable. Loved the Pirates League pics! And I'm glad you enjoyed your Epcot day, despite the nasty headache. We ate at Garden Grill for the first time two years ago, and I enjoyed the whole experience -- food and characters -- a lot more than I'd expected.

Looking forward to more!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

norybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #341
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Ah so many updates! Such amazing pictures- I hope I can get that talented one day! I CAN'T wait to see your video. Sounds amazing

Epcot and I have such a strange relationship. I know people LOVE it and I want to love it but I just don't! Last time we didn't even make it to the WS cause we were fed up after Ellen we left but I hoped the WS would bring up my opinion this time. While they did an excellent job with the theming and it is gorgeous, the food just doesn't seem authentic to me!

I did enjoy stalking characters in every country though!

Oh Duffy! I find him adorable and did have to resist buying his stuffed animal but he's so strange. I googled it and they definitely changed his back story! When we were just there, people were walking past him going "oh it's that random epcot bear!" But it's really cute that your kids love him!

Aw Julia's Crush question is too cute! How smart she is

People can be so rude and insensitive! It's SO hard for differently-abled children. They just want to enjoy themselves like everyone else but have so much going on.
VIDEO IS READY!! YAY! Pictures are included in some parts, as well.
Honestly, Epcot is mostly about characters for us! Let's face it, we have three kids...AND ME!! So characters are what we're there for. The food is not authentic to me, either, except maybe the German pretzels and *some* of the pastries in France, but most things are delicious!!
Duffy is strange, but I just can't question the love they have for him!
I agree. People (and, yes, even me, even though I have a "differently-abled" child--love that!) seem not to be able to stop and think and separate themselves from a situation; it's all about THEM, not what may be going on with someone else. But there is never, ever a reason to be rude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxkris View Post
Your pictures are so AWESOME! I just can't say it enough! I can't wait for the video! And those Epcot outfits are just tooo damn cute!! I definitely saw you guys that day, right in front of Mission Space! We also ate at La Cantina that day for lunch, I'm so sad we weren't there around the same time so we could have talked some!! I feel your pain about the headaches! I get terrible migraines and carry around pills that are also like $60 for 10! But hey, they can seriously ruin your day, and who wants a Disney day ruined! Man, I wish I would have come up to you, I would have given you something from my bag of goodies for your head!
I cannot believe how close we were TWICE! I probably would have begged for some of your goodies!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Holy updates, Batman! Aren't you the power poster?

I've been away from the Dis, but I'm all caught up now! As always, your kids are beyond adorable, and the photos are SO good! Hooray for a successful Epcot day!

Ugh...I'm so sorry about your headache (been there, done that, got the T-shirt)...very glad to hear you didn't have a repeat!!
I had to power post because I had been away, too!!
Video is ready !

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Joining in! Your family is beyond adorable. Loved the Pirates League pics! And I'm glad you enjoyed your Epcot day, despite the nasty headache. We ate at Garden Grill for the first time two years ago, and I enjoyed the whole experience -- food and characters -- a lot more than I'd expected.

Looking forward to more!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks for joining! I love new readers!!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Old 01-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #342
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

You've all been waiting for it (and so have I...now I get my computer back!!), and here it is!!!

OUR DISNEY VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woo hoo:

Here's the link:
Disney World Family Vacation Video

I hope you watch the whole thing...yes, all 15 minutes of it...and enjoy! It really is amazing, if I do say so myself.

PLEASE feel free to share the heck out of it anywhere you'd like: facebook, twitter, with people who might be interested, and most importantly, here on the DIS! Brandon worked for a countless number of hours and I think he deserves the whole entire world to see his work!

And of course you will get an idea of what goes on the rest of our trip, but please come back and read the rest of the TR even so! I love you people too much for you to disappear!

Enjoy, and have a magical day!

Old 01-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #343
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Awesome update!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #344
Holly324
Mouseketeer

Ahhhhhh!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the video!!!!! I only saw the first few minutes of it, though, because my computer decided it didn't like youtube right now. I will be trying again later today. I can't wait to see the rest!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Holly324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #345
Cierese
Mouseketeer

Love, LOVE, love it!! Wish my kids were here to watch, but I know we'll be watching again this afternoon!

Awesome Job!!!

June 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Caribbean Beach Resort!
Oct 2013 - Old Key West and POP!
July 2011 OKW - Big Family Vacation
Nov 2009 All Stars Music - Thanksgiving!
Sep 2004 Off Site -- Jun 2004 Off Site
July 2003 Off Site OIF Welcome Home Trip
Apr 1995 Don't Remember - Magic Music Days -Yes, I was a band geek!!!
Cierese is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: