Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 05:11 AM   #256
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Ah, one more thing...about her not noticing disabilities. It is really awesome how children just see the person and not their differences. My dd is 4 and in pre-k also, and to hear her describe her classmates is really interesting. She/we are white and one day she was comparing a boy that is black, but she said that he looked like her because they both have brown hair And she regularly talks about a girl named Fatima in her class and says she is her best friend. I had mentioned that to one of her teachers one day, and she told me that Fatima speaks NO English...yet she agreed that Adison (my dd) and Fatima had forged a bond despite their difference in language. I wish we all saw the world through preschoolers' eyes.

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:58 AM   #257
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Ugh, the flu, how miserable!! I'm glad you're all feeling better!!

I'm so happy to hear that Brynn is enjoying school! It sounds like a wonderful program for her!!

Hahaha yep, I can't be in the Confectionary for very long without buying candy either!! The smell of sugar is too much to resist!!! I've never had a cake pop, but I've heard that they're super-rich too.
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #258
Kbendig
Mouseketeer

I am glad you're all feeling better!! The flu is horrid.

I'm glad Brynn loves school. You are so right about kids not noticing differences. My DS is in special ed and while people thought he would feel bad about it he is fine. Everyone is different, and he gets that. He'll even say sometimes that someone had trouble with work and he helped them, and they help him concentrate. He doesn't say it judging them, but in a "hey we all need help so we do it" kind of way.

I love the magical popcorn! I'm not a big popcorn person unless it's home, for some reason I always find it much saltier out. But Disney popcorn...I could have eaten the whole thing! We also found the pure sugar stands, and after 4 days my DH gave in. Not that I care really, but he had some stomach issues on the trip and I didn't want to add pure sugar to the mix...just in case. 7 days in Disney and he talks so fondly about that sugar.

DH
ME
DS5

Dude, Where's my Underwear TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3014168

You only have 2 years to make ADR's, an October 2014 PTR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024844
Kbendig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #259
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I sound like a broken record here, but beautiful photos!

We got sucked into the "build your own bag of M&Ms" more than once last trip. Hey, it's vacation!

Can't wait to hear about dinner-I'm guessing that it's Chef Mickey too.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #260
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Oh my gosh, the flu! How miserable! Glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Those confectionery goodies look yummy, I could really go for a Mickey rice krispy treat right now!

I have never actually watched Dream Along with Mickey (I know, what kind of Disney fan am I?) but I've listened to it a whole bunch on our parks CD. I'm glad Everett isn't the only one who likes to shout "Dreams come True"! It would be OK if it was at home, but he especially loves to yell it at places like Target and the grocery store, and then gets very incensed when I won't join in.

Looking forward to dinner!
Our Disney Target moment is when I put two of the kids in those buggies that fit two kids sitting side-by-side. As I push the cart, they pretend it's a ride, usually either Splash Mountain (where they scream about big hills loudly) or "it's a small world" (where they sing loudly). What is it about Target that brings out the Disney? I know their bathrooms smell like Disney bathrooms; maybe that's it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Yay Update!!

I forgive you for the delay Hope you are feeling better now.

The Emporium looks so pretty, I have to remember to spend some more time in there. Who doesn't love the candy store?? MMM, I could go for some of their fudge right about now.

My guess is that you are going to Chef Mickeys!! Looking forward to next update. -Amanda
We are all feeling great now, thanks!
I would love to take even more time to just look at the beautiful Emporium, but as you just saw, my kids can't go in there without grabbing things off the shelf that they MUST HAVE RIGHT NOW.
Hmmm...you might just have some great guessing skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
So sorry to hear you all got the flu. So glad to read your update. WOW that candy makes me drool
It's lunchtime now, and I just looked back through those pictures. I'm drooling, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningStitch View Post
Yayyyyyyy! You're back! I've missed this Trip Report (though I've been keeping up with goings on on the good ol' FB).

Such a fun update! That's awesome that Brynn was so excited to start school. When I was her age I was terrified of any kind of new situation/strangers, so I'm pretty sure I had a meltdown my first day.

I love the Emporium so much, though I have to admit I can never let myself buy anything on my first visit. I always look through and make a mental list of things I want to buy. Why I don't get things right away, I couldn't tell you, but it's one of those little quirks I have.

I need to try the Cake Pops there. I've only ever really picked up the Rice Krispy treats, but I'm going to have to change that this year.

Also, this update made me realize that though I loved Disney popcorn as a kid, I haven't had it for a good 10+ years. I may have to reward myself with one of their souvenir buckets this year.

Welcome back, and I'm glad you (and the family) are all feeling better!
Thank you so much!
I am of the opinion that one should compile a list and buy later, as well. My children, on the other hand, had different ideas. Constantly. You and I are quirky in the same great ways.
I'm going for a Rice Krispy treat next time. I didn't really appreciate having orange lips, no matter how tasty it was!
We used the popcorn souvenir buckets for trick-or-treating this year! See, if you go in September you can get a Halloween-themed one, too. I know you love to decorate for Halloween! (Please, September?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Yay for updates! I know what ya mean about the disney food play set, I kinda want one bahah!!

I love the confectionery, even if I don't want a treat, I can't stay away from it, and I usually get something by the last day haha.

UGH, dream along with mickey! Yay! I am very guilty of yelling dreams come true all the time, awesome!
I just love walking in the confectionery. It smells SO GOOD! And I love the theming. I'm usually not strong enough to wait for the last day to buy something, though!
There's nothing wrong with yelling "Dreams come true!" I mean, they do!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
I was SO HAPPY to see that you posted and updated! I mean, like Matt, I've been keeping up via Facebook but still, I've missed your posts!

That being said, I totally get the post-Disney blues business... I most certainly got it last time after our trip. It's really not appealing whatsoever, I have to say.

ANYWAY, onto other awesome things. So glad Brynn is loving school, she's just too cute!

Agh all of your photos are making me REALLY want some Disney treats, STAT!

I've never stopped for the show but I'm fairly certain whenever Matt and I walk past it we scream the DREAMS COME TRUE part, hahaha.

Popcorn! I NEED to have this in January! And perhaps bring home a souvie bucket just because I have heard how amazing Disney popcorn is.

I have no idea why people would bring their little dinky dogs into the parks; that just seems bizarre to me. Though Matt and I always joke to our puppies about coming with us on vacation and going on Splash Mountain. We're weird, I know.

Love the photos of the girls together while you were getting ready, too cute. I literally have no idea where you guys are going to dinner though, haha. It's been a long day so my thinking cap isn't on!
Disney blues suck. They were really rough this time around . And unlike you, little Missy, I don't get a DL trip! Sigh...
I totally get loving your pets. I even get wanting to see how they react on SM, sort of, in a really strange way. But aren't pets banned except for service dogs, or am I just imagining that?? I just want to know the "how" behind them being there even more than the "why." It was totally bizarre.
Halloween themed popcorn buckets are the best, so you have to go in September and get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
I have to go back and read the rest but I want to comment specifically about Brynn before I read more and lose track of my thoughts:
First of all, SO awesome that she started school! And I love her excited face! Also love her cupcake backpack - adorable.
It's really great that her classroom is going to be able to accommodate her needs, but too bad that the school isn't willing to pay for her OT & PT. I only know a marginal amount about this topic, having friends with SN kids who have dealt with 'the system,' so I might be way off base, but does your county have a program that would help subsidize the cost or pay it in full? I know a local friend (We are in upstate NY) has had therapy services provided by a county program since her dd was a baby (she's 6 now), and another friend not local (lives in MN) also has some services for her DS4 provided by her county while some are paid OOP by the parents.

I really hope I am not offending by suggesting, I know you probably have looked at all of your options by this point, but on the off chance that you haven't..worth a shot. I do also know that my friend in MN has pretty much had to fight an uphill battle with her son's school admin every step of the way, but the program is really good for her DS so obviously she just does what she has to.

Hopefully there is something out there to help defray the cost, but if not at least Brynn is IN the school now and getting the services that will help her to excel!
You absolutely did not offend me! In fact, I'm really touched that you even cared enough about Brynn to make suggestions!
We do have Babies Can't Wait that gives services to kids up to age three, I believe. And we have Children's Medical Services (my mom actually works for them as a nurse), which will provide services and clinics for certain diagnoses or to rule out certain diagnoses. They did pay for an MRI and EEG for her to rule out any brain abnormalities and absence seizures (she has paroxysmal spells, but they are non-epileptic). Unfortunately, the Autism Spectrum isn't on their list, so they won't pay for PT or OT for Brynn. They might pay for AFOs if she ends up needing them for her feet and ankles, but we won't know if she needs an orthopedist until her next regular pediatrician visit, which may be as late as April unless suggested she needs a visit earlier. We'll see on that.
I tried to contact Easter Seals to see if they could help last week, and they haven't gotten back to me. I'll have to try again. Other than that, I don't know of any other services that help the cost. What's unfortunate about our insurance is that they'll only pay for 20 visits of OT or PT, and they still make us pay a good (expensive) chunk of each of those visits. In her OT evaluation, they said she needs it twice a week, so our insurance would only give her ten weeks of therapy out of the year.
I am thinking I'll ask her school if they know of any suggestions after we get back from Thanksgiving Break. It's not a rush this year since her school is working with her so much, but next year when she's in "real" kindergarten in a normal classroom it will most likely be needed.

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #261
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
Ah, one more thing...about her not noticing disabilities. It is really awesome how children just see the person and not their differences. My dd is 4 and in pre-k also, and to hear her describe her classmates is really interesting. She/we are white and one day she was comparing a boy that is black, but she said that he looked like her because they both have brown hair And she regularly talks about a girl named Fatima in her class and says she is her best friend. I had mentioned that to one of her teachers one day, and she told me that Fatima speaks NO English...yet she agreed that Adison (my dd) and Fatima had forged a bond despite their difference in language. I wish we all saw the world through preschoolers' eyes.
See, I just love that! She came home and told me all about her new best friend and how he has glasses like Julia and what they played. She talked about him all week. On Friday, I met him, and he has Downs. I know so many people who would have said, "That boy who has Downs," just like they talk about her as "That girl with Aspergers" or "That girl who is different." It would never cross her mind to see a person as anything but who they are in their souls.
Similar to your story, Brynn told me about playing with one little boy and how they used the play doctor kit and took turns, and I found out he's almost completely non-verbal, but he'll talk some to her. I think she helps him with talking, and he helps her with social skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Ugh, the flu, how miserable!! I'm glad you're all feeling better!!

I'm so happy to hear that Brynn is enjoying school! It sounds like a wonderful program for her!!

Hahaha yep, I can't be in the Confectionary for very long without buying candy either!! The smell of sugar is too much to resist!!! I've never had a cake pop, but I've heard that they're super-rich too.
Doesn't it smell wonderful!?! Those cake pops are rich and dense. I have to say that it wasn't my favorite thing ever, but my kids and husband like that sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbendig View Post
I am glad you're all feeling better!! The flu is horrid.

I'm glad Brynn loves school. You are so right about kids not noticing differences. My DS is in special ed and while people thought he would feel bad about it he is fine. Everyone is different, and he gets that. He'll even say sometimes that someone had trouble with work and he helped them, and they help him concentrate. He doesn't say it judging them, but in a "hey we all need help so we do it" kind of way.

I love the magical popcorn! I'm not a big popcorn person unless it's home, for some reason I always find it much saltier out. But Disney popcorn...I could have eaten the whole thing! We also found the pure sugar stands, and after 4 days my DH gave in. Not that I care really, but he had some stomach issues on the trip and I didn't want to add pure sugar to the mix...just in case. 7 days in Disney and he talks so fondly about that sugar.
Kids are wonderful and loving little beings! What I really love about Brynn's class is that they all have different diagnoses and different skills and deficits, so they're all helping each other in one way or another, whether they realize it at age four or not. They are friends because they are friends. Simple as that.
I'm telling you, it really is magical! I don't even get movie theater popcorn, but I can't resist this! I guess that sugar is magical to kids, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I sound like a broken record here, but beautiful photos!

We got sucked into the "build your own bag of M&Ms" more than once last trip. Hey, it's vacation!

Can't wait to hear about dinner-I'm guessing that it's Chef Mickey too.
I think that I'm going with the M&Ms next time! We did a lot of jellybeans last year. There's always something new to try!
(You might be right about that guess!)

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Old 11-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #262
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm glad Brynn is enjoying school and making friends. It's really great how kids see others and the world sometimes!

Choosing a treat made of pure sugar, a girl after my own heart!

I'm also going to guess Chef Mickey!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #263
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm glad Brynn is enjoying school and making friends. It's really great how kids see others and the world sometimes!

Choosing a treat made of pure sugar, a girl after my own heart!

I'm also going to guess Chef Mickey!
Sugar AND food dye! Nothing better!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:57 PM   #264
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Hope yall all got to feeling better! CONGRATS TO BRYNN! I'm so happy for her, that's so awesome.

That case of treats just looks... wow. Amazing. Yum. Want.

I'm sorry... you saw DOGS at Disney? That weren't Goofy or Pluto or Dug? That weren't guiding people about? What on earth. That's just silly.

CHEF MICKEY'S!!!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #265
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hope yall all got to feeling better! CONGRATS TO BRYNN! I'm so happy for her, that's so awesome.

That case of treats just looks... wow. Amazing. Yum. Want.

I'm sorry... you saw DOGS at Disney? That weren't Goofy or Pluto or Dug? That weren't guiding people about? What on earth. That's just silly.

CHEF MICKEY'S!!!!!
Mmmmhmmmm. Dogs. And service dogs are usually marked, am I right? Plus, they were little yippy dogs. I know service dogs can serve a variety of purposes and come in a variety of breeds, but I seriously have my doubts.
()

Old 11-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #266
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post

Our Disney Target moment is when I put two of the kids in those buggies that fit two kids sitting side-by-side. As I push the cart, they pretend it's a ride, usually either Splash Mountain (where they scream about big hills loudly) or "it's a small world" (where they sing loudly). What is it about Target that brings out the Disney? I know their bathrooms smell like Disney bathrooms; maybe that's it!

I smiled when I read this. I love kids and their imaginations.
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL: 2/15 AK: 8/15 DLH

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #267
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Hi! Joining in late here. I haven't finished your TR, but I thought I'd comment anyway. You have a beautiful family, and your husband takes amazing pictures!! I also love your title - highly inappropriate *snicker*. Looking forward to reading the rest!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #268
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
I smiled when I read this. I love kids and their imaginations.
Me, too. Makes me so happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Hi! Joining in late here. I haven't finished your TR, but I thought I'd comment anyway. You have a beautiful family, and your husband takes amazing pictures!! I also love your title - highly inappropriate *snicker*. Looking forward to reading the rest!
You're not late! We're still on the first day! ::
Thank you so much for your kind words! Glad you'll be here for more of our highly inappropriate shenanigans!

Old 11-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #269
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Two updates in one week?? Now thats something to be thankful for! Or maybe just amazed by...either one.

For those who guessed we were headed to Chef Mickey's, you were absolutely right! Readers of my past TR might recognize those shirts we're wearing. We made them last year for our Chef Mickey's experience, and somehow they still fit us.

We hopped in the van and drove over to the Contemporary Resort. At the guard shack, they took our ID and gave it a quick glance and we told them we were there for dinner. We were told to park anywhere, which is different than last year when they pointed to a specified area. Of course, Brandon being the oblivious driver he sometimes is, we parked at the first spot he saw, which was so far away from the CR that we might as well have been at MK. I grabbed our park bag, Brandon grabbed Sawyer (sans stroller, which was accidentally housing the earmuffs...foreshadowing), and the girls trailed along with me for the very long walk.

My bladder being as it is, the first stop was at the restrooms for me. Obviously. And I can report that CR restrooms are pretty nice as far as restrooms go. While I took care of business, the kids did this:

I love how they serve to establish just how huge that mural really is!

When I was finished, we got in line to check in for our 5:30 ADR. And what a line it was! Thankfully, the line for pictures with the Mickey statue was short and we managed a family shot with nearly everyone looking.

Four out of five ain't bad!

While we waited for our pager to buzz, the kids were already getting a little wild and antsy. It wasn't a good sign. They were excited. They were distracted. They were climbing. We broke out the pipe cleaners (chenille sticks for the PC-minded) and let them build animals. We sat in the floor and tried to contain our masses, and another little girl joined us for some animal-building fun before we were finally called to our table, at least thirty minutes late.

Strike one.

They led us to our table. We took a left, went all the way to the left, and were seated in a corner that ended up being the very front of the restaurant...does that make any sense? Most likely not. Anyway, we were stuck in a corner, and while it kind of made me mad that we were so closed in at the time (tables were all around us in an "L" formation, with us forming that corner), it may have been a blessing in disguise. But for now, it just felt claustrophobic.

Immediately, I ran (literally) to the bar to grab as much food as I could before a character showed up. I could tell they were coming fast and furious! As soon as I sat the food down, Mickey appeared. Brandon didn't even have time to adjust the settings on his camera, so some of the pictures look odd.

The girls whipped out their autograph book and started their hugging.

Please note that lady on the right. You'll hear about her in a second.

Brynn wanted to find his autograph, and Sawyer barely noticed he was there, because FOOD, people!

At that point, this early into the meal, Brynn started getting hyper. And when I say hyper, I mean capital H Y P E R. She normally stands on her knees to eat because it makes her feel more stable, but she was bouncing on them this day. She was poking her head under the table. She was giving Brandon really hard hugs. She was being extremely loud and laughing maniacally. She was overloaded.

When she started grabbing condiment holders and silverware, we had to move them.

So much for a nice decoration!

We knew she needed her earmuffs and to have a little time to herself to block out the sensory overload. Earmuffs...earmuffs...in the van, left hooked to the stroller we thought we wouldn't need. Parenting fail. We were stuck with this for the duration of the meal. It really did stink because it made us feel like we needed the meal to end really fast, meaning we couldn't enjoy it that much. However, that probably didn't matter that much, as the characters and staff at Chef Mickey's didn't seem to want anyone having a great experience anyway.

I grabbed more food for the kids, but none of them were eating. I understand that characters are distracting, but I think I pretty much paid for Julia to take this one bite of pizza.

Sawyer moved his plate and decided he was done. Wed been there ten minutes and Brandon and I hadnt even gotten a plate yet.

I knew I needed to get my food as quickly as possible, and I loaded up my plate with mac and cheese, Parmesan mashed potatoes, fish, Mickey ravioli, some sort of other pasta, bread, and roast beef. I was shoveling it in as my kids proceeded to get louder, whinier, and wilder.

And that lady next to us? She eyed us the whole time. She was prim and proper, keeping one hand in her lap while she slowly took bites and chewed carefully, and her children sat silently and behaved. Yeah, yeah, you've got perfect table manners and you look down on us for our unruly behavior, I get it. But I have to say that their whole family looked like they had no idea how to have fun at all. Ever. They were afraid of fun. Judge away, lady, but please try to keep your tsk-tsking quiet while I try to get a bite of broccoli.

Minnie showed up in the middle of our chaos. She quickly signed the autograph book and posed for a picture or two.

Note the full plates of food. Minnie never noticed Sawyer, and I think he realize it. He was mad. Minnie really gave the kids no interaction and was gone in a flash.

Brandon tried to go get a plate of food before anyone else showed up. They weren't staying for long at all, so we didn't want to miss the ten seconds they were there!

Pluto was up next, and he ignored Sawyer as well. I was getting pretty angry and trying to direct the characters to him. I told the girls to stand near their brother to guide them over his way. No use. They pretended he wasn't there. It was just so, so different than our perfect experience last year. Please go read about our wonderful CM time in my other TR if you don't remember. You'll see the huge difference and why I was so disappointed with this meal.

Strike two.

He was gone and Goofy waited behind him and bombarded the kids before they had a chance to sit back down.

Yep, Sawyer was there. Pass it on to the Fab Five, cause they had no idea.

**CONTINUED DIRECTLY BELOW! KEEP READING!**

Last edited by Fantasyland Mom; 11-21-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #270
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

**CONTINUED FROM ABOVE**

Donald is Sawyer’s favorite! He was next, and poor Sawyer was craning his neck and yelling Donald’s name!

This picture makes me so sad. Sawyer wanted to be over there so badly.

Back to the table, I was begging and pleading for the kids to eat, bribing them with ice cream promises. No go. They didn’t care. So I went to the dessert bar for myself.

I had to get oreo bon bons and a little cheesecake. YUM. The kids decided to steal Brandon’s desserts. Finally they were eating something! Victory! Sort of?? He made multiple trips, and each time they’d filch his goods. It was sort of comedic, which I needed at that moment. I was near tears from the sucky character interactions, the ignoring of the baby, and the insanity my kids were creating in our little corner of the restaurant.

And then Goofy came by AGAIN, for his second round, and FINALLY a character was ready to play!

I decided I’d get in some pictures this time around. And Brynn was getting really, really physical. Do characters understand when kids are this rough with their love? I dunno. But Goofy handled it well.

We were finished with our food, and honestly we just wanted to leave. The problem was that we hadn’t seen our server since she brought us our first drink and told us to go get food.

Strike three.

You’re out. The first dinner of the trip was pretty much a failure.

When Mickey came back around, I decided to physically force him to be near Sawyer.

And we sort of got a family picture.

He actually interacted with hyper Brynn while I stood nearby to help her calm down, and Julia took some pictures with her camera. Yay! An interaction! You’d think I paid for that or something!

Pluto came by after that, but we were just so very done that we didn’t even bother with pictures and waived him on.

We were sitting.

Our plates were stacked, our things were packed, and it was certainly obvious we were ready to leave.

But did our waitress notice? Heck, I guess not since she was never even on the floor! I had to ask someone else to go find her so we could leave.
When she came, she was all, “Is there anything else I can get you?”

Hmmm…well, it would have been nice if you’d been here the last hour and a half to ask that. Obviously not now. Except the check. NOW.

We paid for the meal using a meal credit and dragged our bouncing children out of there.

We knew what poor Brynn needed. Earmuffs. Sunglasses. Space to herself in her stroller. She calmed down immediately and all was well.

I do not want to be too harsh on Chef Mickey’s. Yes, the characters were definitely nowhere near what they were last year (I’m telling ya, go read the part in my last TR. You’ll see.). The food was good, though, and it’s not their fault that my child(ren) was overloaded and that no one ate.

Will we go back? Absolutely. We were all having an off day that meal. Plus, I can’t live without those parmesan mashed potatoes!

I didn’t think Brynn’s behavior boded well for the other multiple sit-down meals we had planned for the week, and I was a little scared. Was I right to be scared? You’ll find out.

But for now we were focused on something completely different. With Brynn now calm and the sun setting, we had one place on our mind…one place within walking distance…one show we knew we needed to see…

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: