Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #136
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Oh my goodness, Brynn looks so cute when she is getting transformed into a mermaid. I seriously LOVE the makeup they do for the mermaid. It’s probably really sad that I want to go to Pirate’s League but sadly, I am too old for it.

Julia looks so pretty! I love all of the sparkles.

The pictures Brandon took for the photo shoot are just incredible. The ones of Brynn are so cute, especially the ones where she is “swimming.”

I just love the girls faces on the Barnstormer! Julia looks so excited.
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #137
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

I love the makeovers. I hadn't seen the mermaid but I love it and love that Brynn got totally into character. Those pics are awesome.

Jill in CO
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #138
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

awe, what a great update jenn! Brynn did WONDERFUL and now I want to go to PL! I may actually look into it as a surprise for the kids! Maybe a wedding gift for them too lol! I didn't do it in years past because of the September heat.. Jack walks out and is instawet!

LOVE the action shot, well all the shots, bravo brandon!

Btw, no lie, your pics are awesome too! So pat yourself on the back!

and to back track a bit, awesome pumpkins! We/re going this weekend! Our farm does painted pumpkins every year, and had Monsters Inc the past few years, so it always makes me smile!

Looking forward to more~!
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #139
Mrs. Gumdrop
DIS Veteran

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

First of all, Title Shout out! Highly Inappropriate! Secondly, I adore how committed both girls were to their roles. The photo shoot DH did was so much better than anything the Disney photographers could have captured. That was some serious memory making. Personally, I would be delighted to see a little mermaid "swimming" her way through Fantasyland. Imagination is what Disney is all about. Perfect!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #140
mxkris
Mouseketeer

Best TR i've ever read!!! The pictures are just GREAT!!! I love the girls at Pirates League and on the Barnstormer, OMG it seriously just captured their emotions perfect!!! I'm so sad I didn't get to meet you guys!!! I knew that was you guys at Epcot that day I just was too shy to say Hi!! I dunno how I missed you guys I on this day since the girls were all done up.. I certainly looked for you, but never saw you! Oh well! Next time! Maybe we can meet up locally sometime even!!

Wilderness Lodge -1994 Fort Wilderness Cabin - May 2004 - HS Graduation Offsite - September 2010 CBR - September 2012 CBR - September 2013 runDisney Enchanted 10k - February 2014 OKW runDisney Tot Ten Miler! - October 2014 POP
mxkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #141
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

The transformations seem to fit the girls perfectly! Julia really has spunks and attitude as a little pirate and Brynn looks so ethereal as a mermaid. Love it! In fact, don't say it too loud, but I think I prefer the mermaid make-over to the princess one. Shhh!

I have to agree with you. Those barnstormer pictures are totally commercial-worthy and should be used on the Disney website!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #142
Holly324
Mouseketeer

Wow!!!! The pictures are just amazing!!! It makes me just want to be there. Pirate's League was a winner...we loved it on our trip! I love how they totally immerse you in everything pirate-y. The Barnstomer looks like fun! I love how the picture captured the emotions and feelings. And I agree....they TOTALLY should use that pic for their new ads!

Holly324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #143
disneychic33
Mouseketeer

The pictures he took are amazing and so are yours Kudos to you. The girls look they are having a great time! You have two special characters there, this will be a special memory for years to come.The mermaid make up was great. I like the way they did used it around the eyes.
disneychic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #144
merbobear
DIS Veteran

I'm subscribing! I know I am going to love your TR because I am obsessed with pictures (I'm the one behind the camera in our family, though) and we too spent hundreds on a shiny new video camera so that I could make an amazing vacation video. I have hours of video, but no editing done yet (and we went in May this year..oops). Are you editing the videos yourself or is dh doing it? What editing software are you/he using?

Anyway, the kids are adorable! I love your family's coordinating attire (we do that too..or is it everyone at WDW that does matchy matchy outfits? ). Oh and the annoying smoking men at the MK entrance..I had to laugh, because when I saw their backs in the Ferry sign, I was kind of like "Hmm..." Something was just 'off' about them in that picture to me, and then lo & behold they are smoking in a non designated area! UGH! I don't hate on smokers either, but just keep it in its place!

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #146
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

LOVED the picts of the roller coaster....Brynn looked like she was having a blast, Julia, not so much!!!! LOL!

And it seems as if Brynn has the mermaid lips down pat! The one picture of her by herself, she really looks like a beautiful undersea mermaid!

RAther pee then #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
starann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #147
FaithTrustPixieDust5
♕ it's so easy to make believe ♕

I'm reading!

This is such a great TR! Your pictures are amazing. Definitely borrowing a fancier camera from my family for my upcoming trip! The pictures on the Barnstormer are definitely disney website worthy.

I wasn't crazy about Pirate's League from what I'd heard, mostly because it seemed like BBB had all the magic. But after reading that update, I wish I wasn't too old to participate! By the way, the girls had those pirate/mermaid poses down!

Can't wait for more!

FaithTrustPixieDust5

1997-2009: Day Trips
June 2012: Best Friend Trippin' w/ Lunafav123, WDW Swan
May 2013: Father/Daughter Trip, Grand Floridian Resort
December 2013: Birthday Trip, Off-site
March 2014: Disneyland Solo-trip, TBA

tinkpunzel.tumblr.com
FaithTrustPixieDust5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #148
GrimGrinningStitch
A Swinging Wake

A September 2013 trip is a very real possibility at this point!

I love this update. The Pirates League looks like tons of fun, and I LOVE that Brynn stayed in character the entire time. It's a shame the "wench" wasn't too friendly, but I'm glad the makeover artists were better.

Yay for the first ride of the trip! Those are some great pictures.
GrimGrinningStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #149
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Fantastic Pirates League photos! Brandon is a very talented guy.

I'm so glad that the girls loved it. Maddie is beginning to think that pirates are okay (and you're right-it's because of Jake), but I don't think she'll ever actually jump sides. They do an amazing job with the makeup there-I love the detail on Brynn's mermaid makeup.

Great Barnstormer pics! That's Maddie's new favorite ride. Poor you- I think I may have bought a new shirt. I'm very sensitive to smells and a little crazy, so I'd have been smelling that little souvenir all day.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:05 AM   #150
Kbendig
Mouseketeer

What an amazing first few hours!!

I'm sorry that wench was such a wench, as if no other kids decide they need a page to write their names? I love that they stayed in character all day, their pics were priceless. That really is a lot of make up, but I guess they need to make sure it stays on. At least the face pain doesn't seem so...grown up.

Last time we went we brought a pack of diapers, which all leaked. I don't know why I didn't go buy a new pack, I think I thought of it the last day. Anyway, I walked around covered in pee most days. I assumed people would think I was wet from a ride or spilled my drink. At least I hoped so!! So I feel ya, been there (and I'd imagine most moms have as well).

DH
ME
DS5

Dude, Where's my Underwear TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3014168

You only have 2 years to make ADR's, an October 2014 PTR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024844
Kbendig is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: