Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
bentopher
Mouseketeer

Breakfast ADR

I only have 4 ADR's to book for myself and my 2 boys.. (6 and 5 years old).

ADR preferences for me are those with characters. My boys and I are pretty plain/simple eaters.

I know for sure I will be doing Tuskers for breakfast one day (did before and loved it). And I will likely be doing Hollywood & Vine for lunch.

I'd like to do one more breakfast.... having a hard time deciding between Crystal Palace and the Beach Club: Cape May Cafe.

I like Crystal Palace cuz I like the idea of having breakfast and starting the day off at MK. Whether we get an early ADR or not so early is fine by me. BUT, my boys really aren't huge Winnie the Pooh fans (and I don't think Cinderella's table is an option for us).

So, I'm leaning towards Cape May Cafe instead.. since the characters are more appealing. We will be staying at POP. Is it going to be difficult to get from POP to the Beach Club?

As I'm typing this.. does Chef Micky offer breakfast too? with characters??

Hmmm... Ok.. if you had to choose between Cape May Cafe and Chef Mickey for breakfast... what would you choose? Same type of buffet items??

And I still need one dinner ADR... preferably with characters. We've done Garden Grill... and again Cinderella is not an option. Suggestions?

Thanks

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
sanapp
DIS Veteran

Yes Chef Mickey's is a popular breakfast spot and I believe that they might start at 7:00 or 7:30 for serving breakfast. I personally do not love them for dinner, but they look quite good for lunch.

I agree our favorite must do each time is Tusker for breakfast.

There aren't really nearly as many good character choices for boys as there is for girls.

Rather than a character dinner which for boys would either be Chef Mickeys or Garden Grill what about doing something fun like Sci Fi, T Rex or Rain Forest. I am sure that they would enjoy those choices.
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
dgagnon519
DVC member AKL since 2008

For boys I would say Chef Mickeys or Ohanas breakfast. They will be easier to get to for MK. Ohanas has lilo Stitch Mickey and Pluto. The food is really good and the Poly is beautiful.

I also agree with the OP. Trex or Sci Fi would be good choices too for boys.
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 8 nights
Villas at Wilderness Lodge - 2 nights
Old Key West - 2 nights
Art of Animatition - 1 night
2011- Calypso Cay (off property) - 5 nights
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo - 4 nights
Baylake Tower - 1 night
Saratoga Springs - 3 nights
Boardwalk - 2 nights
2010 - Old Key West - 4 nights
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo - 4 nights
Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani - 4 nights
2009 - Pop Century - 10 nights
2007 - All Star Music - 8 nights
dgagnon519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
bentopher
Mouseketeer

I think I'm leaning towards Chef Mickey's for that breakfast.

I have 37 days left to figure out the other one.. lol
I'm hoping May hours will be magically posted by then. Cuz I like to plan my parks based on EMH, and once I have my parks it's easier to figure out where I'm eating. Wishful thinking

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

if you haven't done chef mickeys for breakfast yet, i say give it a shot. everyone should try it at least once. your boys will love it. food is better at cape may and crystal palace thou. my fave is CP. so yummy! cape may is a quieter atmosphere. great food.

my 12yr old son isn't into winnie the pooh either but once he's there he loves it. we go every trip cause we love the buffet, for all meals. esp breakfast!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards App

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: