Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
*pixie*
Mouseketeer

Bed and Bedding, still searching for answers

I've been reading through threads, but I still don't think I've found my answer. I fell totally in love with the beds and bedding on the Fantasy (I know, who hasn't?). I have the Disney Resort Collection catalog from Beach Club and Poly. Now, from what I understand, the bed and bedding from WDW are NOT the same as what is on the Fantasy/Dream.

I know the Fantasy pillows can be ordered from harborcareathome.com.

I know the bedding is from Frette. I'm guessing you cannot order the *exact* same bedding, but what line would be closest?

Same thing with the mattress. I know they are Sealy Posturepedic Premium Plush Euro Top. There are several different "lines" that I can find online. Anyone know which one is the closest to what is on the ships?

I want to be able to sleep as well as I did on the ship!

2013 - Alaska on the Wonder
2012 - BC, Eastern on the Fantasy, and Poly
2010 - AKL, MNSSHP, and the Wonder
2008 - Pop and MVMCP
*pixie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by *pixie* View Post
I've been reading through threads, but I still don't think I've found my answer. I fell totally in love with the beds and bedding on the Fantasy (I know, who hasn't?). I have the Disney Resort Collection catalog from Beach Club and Poly. Now, from what I understand, the bed and bedding from WDW are NOT the same as what is on the Fantasy/Dream.

I know the bedding is from Frette. I'm guessing you cannot order the *exact* same bedding, but what line would be closest?

Same thing with the mattress. I know they are Sealy Posturepedic Premium Plush Euro Top. There are several different "lines" that I can find online. Anyone know which one is the closest to what is on the ships?

Are you sure this is the correct website? Looks like healthcare and hospice products?

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Zandy595 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
*pixie*
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
Are you sure this is the correct website? Looks like healthcare and hospice products?
Yes, they also have a commercial website for hotels, etc., but this is the consumer website. It's been mentioned on several threads here.

2013 - Alaska on the Wonder
2012 - BC, Eastern on the Fantasy, and Poly
2010 - AKL, MNSSHP, and the Wonder
2008 - Pop and MVMCP
*pixie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
Ready to go
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
You need to look under the pillow tab. I just posted on a different thread that I had read on Cruise Critic that one of the Fantasy stores sold the sheet sets. I, too, slept better than I ever have. The post did not indicate what the price of the sheets were but I did price sheets online through Frette and they are expensive!

Dream Fish Extender January 5, 2014 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...0SFNNV0E#gid=0
Ready to go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
Forever a Princess
One bottle of ketchup is not enough!

I'd like to know this info too!!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
MTmomma
DIS Veteran

This may help: DCL bedding
Old 07-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #7
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready to go View Post
You need to look under the pillow tab. I just posted on a different thread that I had read on Cruise Critic that one of the Fantasy stores sold the sheet sets. I, too, slept better than I ever have. The post did not indicate what the price of the sheets were but I did price sheets online through Frette and they are expensive!
We saw a sheet set on the Dream 2 weeks ago and I want to say it was $199. My husband raved about the bedding and I agree it was very comfortable!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Gold!): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska!), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, & 4/2014 Fantasy Next: 9/2014 (Dream for my Mom), 4/2015 Wonder & 6/2015 (Magic-Europe)
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #8
Castlepixie
Mouseketeer

I am looking into the Sealy Posturepedic Hotel Series Sandidge Plush ..hope it's the one! I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud!
Old 07-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
patches4me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *pixie* View Post

Does anyone know if the additional beds in the room are just as comfortable?
patches4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #10
greenthumbmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlepixie View Post
I am looking into the Sealy Posturepedic Hotel Series Sandidge Plush ..hope it's the one! I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud!
I have been looking for the mattress too! We did see some at Sams Club Sealy Posturepedic and it had the plush euro top and the rep thought that was the comfort factor of the bed on the wonder.
greenthumbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #11
boogabuzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
We saw a sheet set on the Dream 2 weeks ago and I want to say it was $199. My husband raved about the bedding and I agree it was very comfortable!

Heather
I saw the complete bedding set on Fantasy last week.
boogabuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #12
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know which of the types of pillows available on that harborcareathome website are the ones on the Fantasy? There are 5 different ones, 2 of which sound like they are for hospitals, so I'm guessing its one of the other 3 but not sure which?

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #13
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

I am anxiously waiting for my new mattress that arrives tomorrow. After a ton of research I ordered the Sealy Posturepedic Monograme 800 plush from the hotel collection....I decided not to get the pillow top because of "valley's" forming so will just get my own featherbed to put on top if needed.

I absolutely loved the Dream and Fantasy beds....so I hope this mattress is close!!!

http://www.mileswhileyousleep.com/in...y_id_int=16684

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #14
Snick
Mouseketeer

Will you let us know tomorrow if this is the right one?????
2010, Pop Century, 4 days
2012, Land & Sea: Bahamas 4 day cruise, Pop, 7 days
2013?????
Snick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #15
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snick View Post
Will you let us know tomorrow if this is the right one?????
Of course as soon as it is set up but that won't be until Monday!!! Being delivered tomorrow but we are painting this week and getting a new carpet on Monday...so hopefully Monday night. My husband was kidding around and saying maybe we should put portholes in instead of windows...hey OK with me!

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: