Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
lolobug
DIS Veteran

Disney visa

Can someone explain the 0% promo for 6 months followed by 14.26% apr to me? If I pay this off in full every month am I accruing interest on purchases I make?
Thanks!
lolobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
Minnie Momma
Mouseketeer

The first 6 months is 0% -- meaning that you will not accrue any interest during these months. You can carry a balance and not owe more than what you have charged.

After that first 6 months you will be charge interest on any balance you carry without paying the bill in full.

Hope that helps.

The Wilderness Must Be Explored (for 15 days!)- A Mother/Daughter Trip!
Minnie Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
lolobug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Momma
The first 6 months is 0% -- meaning that you will not accrue any interest during these months. You can carry a balance and not owe more than what you have charged.

After that first 6 months you will be charge interest on any balance you carry without paying the bill in full.

Hope that helps.
If the bill is paid in full every month (no balance) will there be 14.26% on monthly (up to date) purchases?
Old 10-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobug View Post
If the bill is paid in full every month (no balance) will there be 14.26% on monthly (up to date) purchases?
No, if you pay your balance off (charges that you made in that billing cycle), there will be no interest charged. Even if you have a 0% vacation balance remaining, you will not have interest charged on that for 6 months from the day the charge is made.

Does that make sense??

HLAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
lolobug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn

No, if you pay your balance off (charges that you made in that billing cycle), there will be no interest charged. Even if you have a 0% vacation balance remaining, you will not have interest charged on that for 6 months from the day the charge is made.

Does that make sense??
I think I got it, cards just scare me!
We are going to Disney next January 2014, I was going to open one and use it all year on all of our expenses (gas, groceries, etc) and pay it off every month in full. Can I do that or is it only for the vacation?
Thanks!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #6
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Unless you have received a certain new cutomer offer, the only charge you get 0% for 6 mos. on is when you book a Disney package. All other charges will earn interest if the bill is not paid in full at the due date. As long as you pay your full balance when it is due, you will never pay interest. We have had a Disney Visa for several years and have never paid a penny in interest. We use it for everything possible and pay it off every month. We upgraded to the Premier card, so now we are earning even more rewards. We have earned thousands of rewards dollars. Gotta love free money.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
lolobug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425
Unless you have received a certain new cutomer offer, the only charge you get 0% for 6 mos. on is when you book a Disney package. All other charges will earn interest if the bill is not paid in full at the due date. As long as you pay your full balance when it is due, you will never pay interest. We have had a Disney Visa for several years and have never paid a penny in interest. We use it for everything possible and pay it off every month. We upgraded to the Premier card, so now we are earning even more rewards. We have earned thousands of rewards dollars. Gotta love free money.
Yay! That's what I wanted to hear!
Can I open this now (a year before our vacation)? Could I put our trip on it later with 0% with 6 months to pay off the trip (a year from now)... Does that make sense?
Old 10-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay! That's what I wanted to hear!
Can I open this now (a year before our vacation)? Could I put our trip on it later with 0% with 6 months to pay off the trip (a year from now)... Does that make sense?
Sure! You don't even have to ever book a trip. You could just use all your reward dollars at a Disney Store if you wanted to. The 0% for 6 months is good forever.

I have never used that feature, though. I always still pay it off at the end of the month. I don't like owing people money.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
lolobug
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sure! You don't even have to ever book a trip. You could just use all your reward dollars at a Disney Store if you wanted to. The 0% for 6 months is good forever.

I have never used that feature, though. I always still pay it off at the end of the month. I don't like owing people money.
I feel the same way! Just so I'm clear- I can open it, use it all year (paying off balance in full each month). Next January I can pay for my Disney package with my card and have 6 months to pay it off in full without penalty... Correct?
Also, does the 6 months only apply to packages? (not room and tickets without dining plan?)
Thanks!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #10
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I feel the same way! Just so I'm clear- I can open it, use it all year (paying off balance in full each month). Next January I can pay for my Disney package with my card and have 6 months to pay it off in full without penalty... Correct?
Also, does the 6 months only apply to packages? (not room and tickets without dining plan?)
Thanks!
Correct, and yes, it must be a package, but you do not have to have a dining plan. Room and tickets booked together are considered a package.

ETA: Oh and by the way, to the Disboards!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #11
lolobug
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Correct, and yes, it must be a package, but you do not have to have a dining plan. Room and tickets booked together are considered a package.
You made my night! Thank you, so much!!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You made my night! Thank you, so much!!
You're welcome! Happy to help!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #13
them2854
Earning My Ears

I wonder if you can pay for an entire trip with Disney Dollars?

11/2008 * 4/2011 * 2/2013 - POP
DD-4 DS-15
them2854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #14
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by them2854 View Post
I wonder if you can pay for an entire trip with Disney Dollars?
I don't see why you couldn't as long as you have accrued them. There used to be an earning limit of 750 reward dollars per year, but I think they got rid of that. Regardless, they don't expire for 5 years anyway, so if you put a lot on the card and don't go to Disney very often, it would be possible to do.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: