Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
Ladyshopper
Mouseketeer

Arghhhh, Can't Decide!!

Have a Med cruise booked for 31st August 2013.

However, for the same price, I could either do the 14 day transatlantic in May, or a 7 night Carribean on the Fantasy on the same date in August.

Flights from UK to Houston or Orlando would cost around the same (Houston would be 1 way and could use airline points to get from Barcelona to London, Orlando would be return).

Don't know what to do!!!

14 nights on the Transatlantic would be amazing - however would have to take the kids out of school for a week, and for those in UK who know about GCSE's my son is in Year 10 so potentially may have some GCSE module exams - am trying to find that out as don't want him to miss them.

Assuming he is not missing any exams, what would you do??
Ladyshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

7night Caribbean in the end of August is risky - the height of hurricane season... It would be on the Fantasy however...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
mom4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Have a Med cruise booked for 31st August 2013.

However, for the same price, I could either do the 14 day transatlantic in May, or a 7 night Carribean on the Fantasy on the same date in August.

Flights from UK to Houston or Orlando would cost around the same (Houston would be 1 way and could use airline points to get from Barcelona to London, Orlando would be return).

Don't know what to do!!!

14 nights on the Transatlantic would be amazing - however would have to take the kids out of school for a week, and for those in UK who know about GCSE's my son is in Year 10 so potentially may have some GCSE module exams - am trying to find that out as don't want him to miss them.

Assuming he is not missing any exams, what would you do??
I would go for the transatlantic. There will not be many chances to do this with your kids. Try to get as much school work done as you can ahead of time. Go for it!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
Ladyshopper
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
7night Caribbean in the end of August is risky - the height of hurricane season... It would be on the Fantasy however...
I did think that. I remember we went to Florida a few years ago in August and I said never again. But like you said, its the Fantasy, and would love to go on the Fantasy!

I do want to go on a Med cruise. However, I'm not sure I want to do it on Disney. The reason for this is we love the ship so much, and the Med cruises are quite port intensive, and I would want to get off at every port, so we wouldn't spend that much time onboard. I think I would rather do it on another cruise line that I didn't care so much about spending time aboard!

Transatlantic is the one I really want to go. Was hoping school teachers would reply to my email by today so I could consider booking over weekend, but no. If it was just school work it wouldn't be a problem, would happily take some with us. However, GCSE exams are hugely important and can dictate what they are allowed to go on and study, so thats why I need to make sure we're not missing any.
Ladyshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #5
miztressuz
Mouseketeer

if you can swing it, the transatlantic. i agree that with a port intensive schedule, i'd rather spend the money on the excursions rather than the ship. i'd pick another line to do med.

tough choice on the transatlantic vs Fantasy. but personally, if i'm going to fly that long distance it's going to be for more than 7 days. i would feel like i spent more time in the plane than on the trip. at least with the transatlantic it's only one long plane ride.

hope the exam schedules work out for you!
DCL
??? '16 Magic, maybe??
Dec '14 7 night Fantasy
Oct '11 4 night Dream
miztressuz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: