Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
disbride713
Loves Disney

Help with Transportation

I'm trying to determine how I can creatively arrange the transportation for the day of the wedding to save on costs. We have 40 guests, but 15 have their own car. We currently have a mini motorcoach for 5 hours and a limo for 4 hours reserved. There are 2 resorts that guests are staying between for pick-up, and the ceremony is at the WP and reception at the BW.

I was thinking it would be possible to eliminate the limo and utilize the motorcoach as the means of transportation. What are your thoughts or suggestions? What did you do for transportation?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

The minibus holds 25 people, which makes it perfect for the number of people you need to transport. You could remove the need for that limo if you added an hour to the charter and had the minibus take the bridal party to the ceremony site before it picks up the guests.

We did the whole chartered motorcoach + limo thing and way overspent because we were not given any alternative options. That's why I'm on a mission to help other couples avoid the same fate!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
disbride713
Loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
The minibus holds 25 people, which makes it perfect for the number of people you need to transport. You could remove the need for that limo if you added an hour to the charter and had the minibus take the bridal party to the ceremony site before it picks up the guests.

We did the whole chartered motorcoach + limo thing and way overspent because we were not given any alternative options. That's why I'm on a mission to help other couples avoid the same fate!
Thanks Carrie - I was thinking the exact same thing. I caught this as I was reading the BEO line by line..so important to do that!

I've emailed my planner so now I will just wait for their response!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: