Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
Rags123
Earning My Ears

Jedi Training Academy Question

We're going to WDW for a short trip in December. I had originally planned on skipping on DHS in favor of AK because DS4 is a huge animal lover. We currently do not have Park Hoppers. I was thinking about doing MVMCP the night of our AK day when I noticed that DHS has EMH that night. Since there's not much cost difference, I'm now considering adding Park Hoppers and hitting DHS.

Anyway, finally the question - is Jedi Training Academy fun to watch (as a child) if you're not participating? DS LOVES Star Wars, but I can't tell by watching the videos on YouTube whether it would be a fun experience if we aren't there early enough in the day to sign him up to participate. Also, he's a bit shy so I don't know if he even would agree to do it. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Rags123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
cmh314
Mouseketeer

We visited when my DS was 4 and again when he was 5.5. Both times we watched the Jedi Training academy and he loved watching. I had asked him if he wanted to try to sign up to participat the last time, but he too is kind of shy in certain situations and didn't want to sign up, but definately enjoyed just watching.
cmh314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

I think it would be fun for kids who are Star Wars fans to watch. Vader interacts with the crowd quite a bit, and come on...it's VADER, in person. Also, the stage area wasn't too crowded because it was mostly people watching their own kids, and there aren't many per show (16? I think). My son had a good time watching, and his sister was only up performing for a minute or two.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
Rags123
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the input!
Rags123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
pmanko
Mouseketeer

sorry for the hijack

I am reading in my Disney for Kids book that we should sign up first thing in the morning.
The day we are going is on a Oct w-end (SAT) with EMHs in AM - so my question(s) are:
- will the signup be open at 8 AM or should we wait until 9
- is it really that busy in Oct that we need to worry too much about signing early
- I read also that the Jedi Knight selects audience volunteers (so why do we sign up?)
-any cost for sign up?

Wyndam Bonnet Creek (Nov 2010) MVMCP

BWV- Oct/Nov 2012 - MNSSHP
AKL-Kidani Village - Next trip - January 2015

pmanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
pmanko
Mouseketeer

some Q's answered.... anyone else help w/ the rest?

Ok - i did read where the sign ups do open w/ the EMH (or 8AM). So we will try to make our way there during the first hour - can anyone help out w/ the previous Q's I posted?

Wyndam Bonnet Creek (Nov 2010) MVMCP

BWV- Oct/Nov 2012 - MNSSHP
AKL-Kidani Village - Next trip - January 2015

pmanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #7
ghtx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmanko View Post
I am reading in my Disney for Kids book that we should sign up first thing in the morning.
The day we are going is on a Oct w-end (SAT) with EMHs in AM - so my question(s) are:
- is it really that busy in Oct that we need to worry too much about signing early
- I read also that the Jedi Knight selects audience volunteers (so why do we sign up?)
-any cost for sign up?
Signup is at 8am.
Yes, it is that busy and you should sign up right at the opening. Likely all of the day's spots will be full by 9 or 10.
They used to select volunteers, but now it is just sign up. There is also a chance that you can be selected from the audience if someone who had signed up is a no-show (but I might be wrong about that).
No cost.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #8
missmun52
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmanko View Post
-any cost for sign up?
You should make sure to get there FIRST as the park opens. We went during a relatively less busy time of the year and the line was sooo crazy, it was about an hour wait and thankfully we made it in for one of the last shows. Please remember that you have to have the child with you to sign up.

They did not select anyone from the audience as they now have the sign ups as a way to get participants for the show.

There is no cost to sign up for the show.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #9
missmun52
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags123 View Post
Anyway, finally the question - is Jedi Training Academy fun to watch (as a child) if you're not participating? DS LOVES Star Wars, but I can't tell by watching the videos on YouTube whether it would be a fun experience if we aren't there early enough in the day to sign him up to participate. Also, he's a bit shy so I don't know if he even would agree to do it. Any thoughts? Thanks!
My son enjoyed watching it very much and then..........at the end of it.......... he wanted to do it too..........
Old 10-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #10
drlaurafsu
Mouseketeer

We just did it last week. We went straight there during EMH and got in to the 11am showing. Our session was cancelled and rescheduled for later in the day (with a previously scheduled group)... this meant they had a Darth Vader and Darth Maul. One group was on the stage w/ DV and the other group in front of the stage with DM. I was very happy that the 5 & 6 yo with us got DV because 1) they don't really know who DM is and 2) DM is a little scary looking!

We split our group up right at the start and the mom's took the boys to sign up while DH went to TSM. This worked really well for us since TSM was down and didn't come up until almost 9. DH was first in line and had a set of FP. We were able to get a second set of FPs right before they opened back up.

DH was complaining about having to get up so early (7th day of our trip and had been out for a fireworks cruise the night before) but after seeing DS fight DV said it was worth getting up so early just for that!
drlaurafsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: