Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Raidra
Mouseketeer

Is This Possible?

We have a package reservation for January. I'm not sure if we'll be able to make the final payment in November. If we did a room-only reservation, we'd certainly have enough money to pay for everything when we arrive in January. But the package is cheaper than doing it all separately.

Is it possible to also book a room-only reservation, pay the deposit, and just cancel one of the reservations as the 45 day mark approaches? Can I use the package discount on that reservation and the room-only discount on that reservation? Can I have discounts on both reservations?

I'm just worried that if we do need to switch to a room-only reservation and wait until November, what we want won't be available.

Thanks!

Next trip: September 2014

My Etsy Store: dreamseadesigns
Raidra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

I'm a little confused by what you want to do, but to answer what I believe is your main question...yes, you can have multiple reservations and each can have a discount. You cannot combine the discounts from a room-only and a package into 1 reservation. You will need to pay the required deposit for each reservation. A room-only reservation does not need to paid in full before arrival, and can be canceled just days prior to arrival. A package must be paid in full 45 days prior to arrival and you risk a penalty if canceled after that point.

Good luck!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidra View Post
We have a package reservation for January. I'm not sure if we'll be able to make the final payment in November. If we did a room-only reservation, we'd certainly have enough money to pay for everything when we arrive in January. But the package is cheaper than doing it all separately.

Is it possible to also book a room-only reservation, pay the deposit, and just cancel one of the reservations as the 45 day mark approaches? Can I use the package discount on that reservation and the room-only discount on that reservation? Can I have discounts on both reservations?

I'm just worried that if we do need to switch to a room-only reservation and wait until November, what we want won't be available.

Thanks!
You can't have two reservations in the same name, but if you have a SO you could put the r/o res under their name, pay the deposit and use the r/o discount.

Just make sure you cancel the package before the 45 day mark for a refund if necessary and cancel the r/o as soon as possible once you know you'll keep the package so you aren't holding up rooms that other people could book.

Doing it this way is probably unpopular on the boards, but yes, it can be done.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
SharonZ
DIS Veteran

It may help you to keep your current package and reduce the tickets on your package to one-day passes for everyone. You can always upgrade them to length of stay and/or hopper/water park options when you arrive. Hopefully, that will save you enough money to make your 45-day payment date.
SharonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #5
Raidra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonZ View Post
It may help you to keep your current package and reduce the tickets on your package to one-day passes for everyone. You can always upgrade them to length of stay and/or hopper/water park options when you arrive. Hopefully, that will save you enough money to make your 45-day payment date.
I feel like a total idiot. That would totally fix the problem. Duh. Thank you so much!

Old 10-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonZ View Post
Just wanted to add that if you also have the DDP included in the package, that could be taken off now as well and added back on later, but must be added at least 3 days prior to arrival .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
Raidra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Just wanted to add that if you also have the DDP included in the package, that could be taken off now as well and added back on later, but must be added at least 3 days prior to arrival .
Well, I do have the package discount that came out today.. I wonder how much I could downgrade it without losing the discount. I don't want to take the tickets and dining plan off completely..

I'll call tomorrow, I've already spent enough time on the phone today.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #8
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidra View Post
Well, I do have the package discount that came out today.. I wonder how much I could downgrade it without losing the discount. I don't want to take the tickets and dining plan off completely..

I'll call tomorrow, I've already spent enough time on the phone today.
If you have the S/P/D package discount you won't be able to remove dining from the package. If you're using the r/o discount you could remove dining and at it back on later.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #9
ladyfoundhertramp
Mouseketeer

We ran into this issue last year for a late January trip. They allowed us to pay 30 days before arrival and we had a package booked. Best thing to do is call and talk to a CM. they didn't cancel our trip and we paid on dec 15 and left on jan 21

ladyfoundhertramp is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: