Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
lindsroc
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 949

Beer and wine in the MK? I dont believe it.

I was reading on a website that they will serve beer and wine at the new Beauty and the Beast rest.??? Is this correct? I dont mind having a glass of wine or a beer every now and again...but theres just something about drinking IN the MK that bugs me. Leave it for the other parks. I hope this isnt true.
__________________



1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
lindsroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 58,853
DISboards Moderator

Yes, it is true.

Only beer and wine (no liquor), only at dinner at Be Our Guest, and the alcohol may not leave the restaurant.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Kernersville, NC
Posts: 4,520

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsroc View Post
theres just something about drinking IN the MK that bugs me. Leave it for the other parks. I hope this isnt true.
It's true.

But, you CAN just pretend that it's not there.
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
bwang123
Posts: 1,457,177,981
 
bwang123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Location: Location
Posts: 778

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob NC View Post
It's true.

But, you CAN just pretend that it's not there.
not with all of the people urinating in bushes and throwing up on Main St. after having a beer inside the restaurant.
__________________
OCT '15 | MAY '15 AKL | OCT '13 VWL (MNSSHP) | MAY '13 BWV | DEC '12 SSR/AKV | MAR '12 ASM/ASSp/BLT | MAR '11 POFQ/CBR | MAY '08 CS | '95 DL Offsite | '93 & '94 DW Offiste

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
jenandjuice
Mouseketeer
 
jenandjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 345

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123 View Post
not with all of the people urinating in bushes and throwing up on Main St. after having a beer inside the restaurant.
Maybe I'm mistaken, and I totally might be. But I don't think there is a bar in BOG and they are only allowing people to drink WITH dinner. So the span of an hour maybe 2 drinks at the most of beer or wine. I don't think that would make some throw up or urinate in the bushes...

I plan on having a glass of wine with dinner when when eat there next month, but in no means will I be a "rowdier" individual after dinner because of that one glass.

I could see the point if there was a bar where people sat at and got sloshed then toured about the park, but a drink with dinner isn't a huge deal to me.
jenandjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
smcabee
Boomer Sooner
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123 View Post
not with all of the people urinating in bushes and throwing up on Main St. after having a beer inside the restaurant.
Cant wait, I been eyeing up the perfect bush the past 15 years.
smcabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
OKWAnneMarie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 886

what's the difference if people have beer/wine with dinner at the MK or in Epcot, etc.?
OKWAnneMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #8
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 58,853
DISboards Moderator

MK has been traditionally dry (except for private events) since it opened, the reason being because Walt Disney intended for Disneyland to be a dry park with no alcohol sales to the public. That philosophy was carried over to MK. (It was also carried over to Disneyland Paris, but Europeans weren't having any of it - alcohol sales were instituted in that park soon after it opened.)

Those who oppose it seem to be more against the break with tradition than against guests having a glass of wine with dinner.

Personally I'm still working on deciding which Belgian beer I want when I have dinner at Be Our Guest in January.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #9
lindsroc
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 949

Im not worried about people peeing and puking in the bushes! LOL
And like I said, I will definitely have a drink if I am at Epcot or AK etc. But, I was always under the impression MK was supposed to be a dry park. I mean, its honestly not a big deal, especially if it is only with dinner and cant leave the restaurant. The website i saw this on made it seem a lot worse. Put it this way, there was a picture of snow white on the ground chugging out of a beer bottle. (Edited to add, it was a cartoon drawing).
__________________



1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
lindsroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #10
lindsroc
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 949

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
MK has been traditionally dry (except for private events) since it opened, the reason being because Walt Disney intended for Disneyland to be a dry park with no alcohol sales to the public. That philosophy was carried over to MK. (It was also carried over to Disneyland Paris, but Europeans weren't having any of it - alcohol sales were instituted in that park soon after it opened.)

Those who oppose it seem to be more against the break with tradition than against guests having a glass of wine with dinner.

Personally I'm still working on deciding which Belgian beer I want when I have dinner at Be Our Guest in January.
Yes....you said it perfectly!!!! It has nothing to do with the drinking, just the tradition. Thank you. "Those who oppose it seem to be more against the break with tradition than against guests having a glass of wine with dinner."
__________________



1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
lindsroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
jenandjuice
Mouseketeer
 
jenandjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 345

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsroc View Post
Im not worried about people peeing and puking in the bushes! LOL
And like I said, I will definitely have a drink if I am at Epcot or AK etc. But, I was always under the impression MK was supposed to be a dry park. I mean, its honestly not a big deal, especially if it is only with dinner and cant leave the restaurant. The website i saw this on made it seem a lot worse. Put it this way, there was a picture of snow white on the ground chugging out of a beer bottle.
LOL oh wow! Now that is something I'd have a problem with!
jenandjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #12
snarfblatt
Mouseketeer
 
snarfblatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: missouri
Posts: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcabee View Post
Cant wait, I been eyeing up the perfect bush the past 15 years.


:r otfl2:
__________________


DS (9) DS (6) Dh ME
2000- All Star Music
2005- Sheraton Vistana
2010- Sheraton Vistana
2012- PORFQ
snarfblatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #13
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

 
KapBoy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcabee View Post
Cant wait, I been eyeing up the perfect bush the past 15 years.
KapBoy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #14
bookgirl2632
DIS Veteran
 
bookgirl2632's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 1,026

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123

not with all of the people urinating in bushes and throwing up on Main St. after having a beer inside the restaurant.
If you see me puking at MK, the likely culprit will not be "a beer", but rather too much spinning on the Teacups.
__________________
Carrie


1976 Offsite 1990 Offsite in Kissimmee 2001 CBR 2006 POR 2010 HRH
bookgirl2632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #15
Tanyabeth8
Mouseketeer
 
Tanyabeth8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 287

I'm hoping to get rip roaring drunk at Magic Kingdom on my next visit and lift my shirt for the photo on splash mountain and after I'm going to urinate behind the grave stones on the haunted mansion. Woohoo to beer and wine and BOG ;p
Tanyabeth8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Š 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.