Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
Cheerbear
Earning My Ears

1900 Park Fare or Crystal Palace

I have ADR at Crystal Palace at 12:15 for lunch on 10/21, but I just found an ADR for 1900 Park Fare for the same day at 5:55 pm. I can't do both, so I have to choose - please help me decide, since I have never been to any character meals before. It will be me and my DD4, who loves princesses, but also likes Tigger/Pooh/Eeyore, although maybe not as much as she loves princesses. That being said, I don't think she really loves the stepsisters all that much, but I think she would really enjoy seeing them in real life, since she really likes the Cinderella movie. Also have heard somewhere that sometimes Suzy and Perla may appear at 1900? THAT would make it totally worth it for DD! Is it true that they may randomly show up there?

I've read some not-so-good reviews about both places on tripadvisor, so I'm not sure what to make of either. I would like to choose the one that has better reviews on food, but it's hard to tell.
Also, I'll be travelling to GF from MK, but the return would be on a bus to DTD and then back to POP - anyone know how long that will take? With CP, the good thing is it's right in the park, but...since it's already a shortened day - maybe sitting for an ADR would be a waste of time? I was going to plan on leaving the park around 4 or 5 pm anyway because of the MNSSHP.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
kam1011
Mouseketeer

I definitely prefer 1900!

2000s:
5 off-site trips
All Star Music Family Suites
Beach Club
Wilderness Lodge Villas (x2)
Old Key West (x2)
Saratoga Springs
AKL - Kidani Village
Bay Lake Tower

I may have missed some...

kam1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
everythingALICE
I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.

Having been to both, I would go for CP over 1900 PF any day. The food at CP is WAY better, IMO. Much more variety and considerably better quality. The character interaction is really great as well - super creative and fun!!

1900 PF is probably the only WDW restaurant I would never return to (unless I hear it has improved drastically). I was really disappointed in the food, even for a buffet...I know many folks will say that you don't go to a character meal for the food, etc., but there ARE character meals with decent food, so personally I wouldn't bother with the ones that don't. 1900 PF is also by far the loudest and most hectic WDW restarant I've visited, and it took the characters the longest to make their way around the room (we waited long after we finished our meals to see all the characters).

Suzy and Perla were not there when I went, so I can't really comment on whether they may drop in from time to time. Are you going to be visiting Epcot at all? I think the food and character interaction at Akershus in Norway is awesome - delicious food and lots of princesses!

everythingALICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #4
Cheerbear
Earning My Ears

I forgot to mention that we do have ADR the day before at CRT, so DD will already have gotten a chance to meet Cinderella. I am getting a little worried about the food, I have read so many bad reviews about it...
Old 10-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
Cheerbear
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerbear View Post
I forgot to mention that we do have ADR the day before at CRT, so DD will already have gotten a chance to meet Cinderella. I am getting a little worried about the food, I have read so many bad reviews about it...
The food at 1900 PF, not CRT!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #6
HPS3
Disney Fanatic

Crystal palace if you are more concerned about the quality of the food, but you have to consider the character experience too. Do you have small children, girls especially? They would love 1900 park fare for dinner because it's Cinderella and Prince Charming AFTER their wedding. They dance with the kids and everything. It was very cute. But the food was definitely not my favorite. CP has great food for all three meals and the character interaction is fun as well with Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eyeore. Really it's about preference.
HPS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #7
Quin
DIS Veteran

Since you already have CRT, I'd go with CP.

Or, of course, if the timing works out you could cancel the 2-credit CRT in favor of the 1-credit Akershus (also wall-to-wall princesses), and that way you could go to both CP AND 1900PF! Completely maximize your character experiences: she'll only be 4 once and the characters are so much more magical at that age.

And you're overcomplicating your return from 1900PF to your resort. To get to 1900PF, you can take a long monorail ride (GF is the last stop on the loop before MK) or a short boat ride from just outside the MK main gate to the GF. After dinner, take a short monorail or boat ride back to the MK and get on the Pop bus there. You don't have to go back into the park to transfer.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #8
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Keep CRT Great experience for 4 year old girl. We took our DD to CRT at 4 almost 5 & she loved it. She is now 11 and not as interested in being a princess anymore. I am glad I took her.

We have been to both CP for Breakfast & Dinner and to 1900 for Breakfast & Dinner.

While CP (note: just my opinion) has more of a variety of food choices and more plain food choices for pickey eaters. Where 1900 has less variety and more complicated food choices for pickey eaters. I hope that makes sense, haha! I do not think there is a different quality in food just different choices.

Since, your DD is 4 & more into princess right now I think you should take her to 1900.

CP can wait for when she is older. Our DD loves eeyore for the last 3 years, so she hugs him like crazy at our CP visits.

Hope this helps you make a decision.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #9
Cheerbear
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for your help! I asked DD 3 times today (she probably thought I was crazy) and all 3 times she said she wanted to see the stepsisters and Cinderella. Even DS was trying to convince her by telling her that Pooh was "so cute", but that didn't change her mind! It's 1900 then! I won't cancel CRT because it was so hard to get that ressie, so we'll skip CP for now.

Can't wait! 6 more days!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #10
Zeppelin
DIS Veteran

another vote for CP....the atmosphere, location, setting beats 1900 (which reminded me of a cramped meeting room) by a mile...the lunch at CP is also outstanding- food good, variety good and very relaxed...
Old 10-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #11
3PRINCESSMOM
Used to be 3PRINCESSMOM, but alas she nows has a PRINCE

We do both almost every trip...

Come on people, they are both buffets. You can always find something edible! Both are chosen more for experience than for food quality (IMO). We enjoy both immensely. 1900 PF has been consistent every visit, great service and charater interaction. We had the most fun during one of our dinner visits. The step-sisters were really putting on a show!

Who doesn't like Pooh, Tigger, Eyeore and Piglet? Plus eating while glancing at the castle... no brainer to visit here, as well, (if not this time, then next).

REMINDER: as another post mentioned, no need to go into DTD to transfer to Pop bus, just head back to MK from GF.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: