Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
glass half full
Mouseketeer

OK...i gotta do it. Thoughts on our 1st timer adr's

2/28 through 3/8 at the Poly on DDP.
All first timers. Me, DW, DD(10), DS (7) and FIL and MIL for the first 4 days
Arrival Day
Flight in @ 2:30, no Park Tix Shooting for 7:30 at T-Rex for the boy (anyone got the number? I couldn't find it during forum search)
Day 1
DD has a 8:40 at the BBB in the MK
CRT @ 12:55
BOG @ 6:45 Probably going to drop them both and do BOG for lunch. This is girls day and that's what they are leaning towards. Ressies for all 6 of us..

Day2 DHS
Rope drop for Jedi Training for me and boy...
7:10 Ohana (6ppl) This again might get dropped in favor of staying at DHS and going to Fantasmic

Day 3 EP
7:00 Via Nappoli

Day 4 AK
9:30 Boma (DW request)
7:50 Ohana since the first will most likely get cancelled (me and DW only for this one)

Day 5 EP
6:15 Coral Reef (4 ppl, MIL and FIL are out!)

Day 6 No park plans yet
8:00 Aloha Luau

Day 7 MK
9:00 Chef Mickey
6:30 Dessert buffet???

Day 8
Breakfast before leaving...

thanks
for your thoughts!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

May I suggest Garden View Tea visit for girls day. It is not on the dining plan but DD11 & I go every trip. We love it. It is open from 2-5pm daily & is so much fun. ADR is a must.

DD gets Mrs. Potts Tea & I get the Buckingham Palace. Very Good, very Girlie at the Grand Floridian. It is $40-$50 with tax & tip.

Then, DH & DS go do something together at the same time.

Our upcoming June 2013 trip DH & DS they are doing the arcade place at DTD & renting a sea racer.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Also, I haven't heard very good things about The Aloha dinner show. We went to hoop de doo musical dinner show at Ft Wilderness & loved it. Honestly, I have never been to the Aloha show.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass half full
2/28 through 3/8 at the Poly on DDP.
All first timers. Me, DW, DD(10), DS (7) and FIL and MIL for the first 4 days
Arrival Day
Flight in @ 2:30, no Park Tix Shooting for 7:30 at T-Rex for the boy (anyone got the number? I couldn't find it during forum search)
Day 1
DD has a 8:40 at the BBB in the MK
CRT @ 12:55
BOG @ 6:45 Probably going to drop them both and do BOG for lunch. This is girls day and that's what they are leaning towards. Ressies for all 6 of us..

Day2 DHS
Rope drop for Jedi Training for me and boy...
7:10 Ohana (6ppl) This again might get dropped in favor of staying at DHS and going to Fantasmic

Day 3 EP
7:00 Via Nappoli

Day 4 AK
9:30 Boma (DW request)
7:50 Ohana since the first will most likely get cancelled (me and DW only for this one)

Day 5 EP
6:15 Coral Reef (4 ppl, MIL and FIL are out!)

Day 6 No park plans yet
8:00 Aloha Luau

Day 7 MK
9:00 Chef Mickey
6:30 Dessert buffet???

Day 8
Breakfast before leaving...

thanks
for your thoughts!
Looks pretty good to me! You should be able to find a phone number for T-Rex on the Disney website. I would drop Ohana on day 2 and stay for Fantasmic and go to Ohana on day 4. Have you looked into getting the Fantasmic pkg? It makes the wait so much better because you only have to arrive 30 mins prior to show and you sit in a reserved area so you don't have to worry about not having a seat. I would highly recommend the pkg if you stay for Fantasmic! Now I will say my husband and I were not impressed and would much rather watch Wishes or Illuminations but if you have never seen Fantasmic you should see it! I highly recommend you making reservations for Kona on the day you leave, Ohana breakfast is another good one. It just really depends on what time you have to leave the resort.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #5
glass half full
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
Looks pretty good to me! You should be able to find a phone number for T-Rex on the Disney website. I would drop Ohana on day 2 and stay for Fantasmic and go to Ohana on day 4. Have you looked into getting the Fantasmic pkg? It makes the wait so much better because you only have to arrive 30 mins prior to show and you sit in a reserved area so you don't have to worry about not having a seat. I would highly recommend the pkg if you stay for Fantasmic! Now I will say my husband and I were not impressed and would much rather watch Wishes or Illuminations but if you have never seen Fantasmic you should see it! I highly recommend you making reservations for Kona on the day you leave, Ohana breakfast is another good one. It just really depends on what time you have to leave the resort.

Sent from my GalaxyS II
I'm pretty sure many of the things you brought up will happen...Fantasmic will win out over Ohana on day 2....I think we are going to grab a CS meal and bring in as opposed to the package. I'm also thinking Kona on last day.

I also gave the option of the Tea Party for the girls and they weren't interested. They are both huge Beauty and the Beast fans, so BOG was the focus that first day.

Hop Dee Doo sounded a lot of fun to me as well....But since we are only going to do one Dinner show, we figured we would take the one that we could walk back to room from.

thanks again All!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
DznyCrzy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass half full
I'm pretty sure many of the things you brought up will happen...Fantasmic will win out over Ohana on day 2....I think we are going to grab a CS meal and bring in as opposed to the package. I'm also thinking Kona on last day.

I also gave the option of the Tea Party for the girls and they weren't interested. They are both huge Beauty and the Beast fans, so BOG was the focus that first day.

Hop Dee Doo sounded a lot of fun to me as well....But since we are only going to do one Dinner show, we figured we would take the one that we could walk back to room from.

thanks again All!
Sounds like a great plan to me! Whatever you all make as your final decision I'm sure you'll be happy with it. There's not much in WDW that you can go wrong with!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 10-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
Tara D
Mouseketeer

You do realize that BOG is quick service only at lunchtime, right?

My only other thought is trying to get an earlier T. rex reservation. If you have 7:30, plan on being seated by 7:45 and eating for an hour. If you decide to build a Dino or any activity that puts you out well after 9 pm, then the ride back to your resort can take quite a while with buses so home around 10... Your kids might be tired from traveling and you will be up early with a big day ahead of you the next morning.
2008- Pop Century
2011- Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate Room!!)
2012- Agent trip
2013- Port Orleans French Quarter
2014- Coronado Springs

Planning our Feb 2015 trip at Caribbean Beach

I am a Disney travel agent
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #8
pugcrazy
DIS Veteran

I'd think about skipping Via Napoli. We ate there in September and were VERY disappointed. I'd recommend La Hacienda as the view of the fireworks during dinner was wonderful. It was almost like they put the show on just for us!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #9
glass half full
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara D View Post
You do realize that BOG is quick service only at lunchtime, right?

My only other thought is trying to get an earlier T. rex reservation. If you have 7:30, plan on being seated by 7:45 and eating for an hour. If you decide to build a Dino or any activity that puts you out well after 9 pm, then the ride back to your resort can take quite a while with buses so home around 10... Your kids might be tired from traveling and you will be up early with a big day ahead of you the next morning.
Good advice...I am aware of QS for BOG at lunch....one of the reasons it's more appealing. kids are picky eaters and the French fare for dinner will not go over so well. I like the idea of moving up the reservation at T-rex. I went for that time in case of travel delays....maybe we'll just wing it for T-rex....
Old 10-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #10
glass half full
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugcrazy View Post
I'd think about skipping Via Napoli. We ate there in September and were VERY disappointed. I'd recommend La Hacienda as the view of the fireworks during dinner was wonderful. It was almost like they put the show on just for us!
If I don't take DW to some place italian on each vacation I'll end up being DH (divorced Husband) and Nappoli gets better reviews than the place at DHS. Not a chance I would take my kids to one of the nicer italian places in disney....

The pizzas look nice and I've read some good reviews lately...hopefully we wont regret it!

thanks!
Old 10-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #11
DznyCrzy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass half full View Post
If I don't take DW to some place italian on each vacation I'll end up being DH (divorced Husband) and Nappoli gets better reviews than the place at DHS. Not a chance I would take my kids to one of the nicer italian places in disney....

The pizzas look nice and I've read some good reviews lately...hopefully we wont regret it!

thanks!
It's definitely worth a try!! My husband and I have eaten here 3 times and we have enjoyed it every time and never had a bad meal there. Their pizza is so good!!!

Old 10-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #12
hfuellgraf
DisneyMOM

STAY for Fantasmic!!! Dont' miss the Electric parade at MK either, try the dessert buffet. The tea idea is great, I've never gone, but may this trip. I recommend the Hoop De doo Review with the In laws, my parents and the kids.... LOVE it!
00-All star Movies Buzz; 03-All Star Movies Woody; 04-All star Movies Dalmations; 05 All Star Movies Buzz; 06-All star Sports; 07-CBR; 08-All star Movies- Fantasia;12-All star Movies-Dalmations Planning March-13-All star Movies OR AoA Cars Suite
hfuellgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #13
TinkerbellinLouisian
I think I'm going on my 21st visit in 47 years...

ADR's

Your ADR's look Great !

I highly recommend CRT !!!

I also highly recommend the Fantasmic Dining Package at DHS. I've done all 3 and my favorite is Mama Melrose...

We did this 5/28/2012 and the food was Fabulous....

I have trip reviews with pictures for the above....

I too love HDDR but totally understand wanting to stay with the Polynesian theme... So if I were in your shoes I'd probably do the same... We got married at the Poly and it is one of our

Have a magical visit !
Mary
1970 - (I was 5...it was just a movie being shown back then...still being built)...1974 - WDW - ?...1976 - DL - On the way to moving from CA to FL...1977 - WDW Lake Buena Vista...1981 - WDW High School Dance Competition...1982 - H.S. Dance Competition.....1983 - H.S. Dance Competition...1985 - Offsite...1991 - Offsite (HJ)..1993 - AS Movies...1994 - Offsite ...1995 - AS Music .....1997 - Offsite...1998 - Offsite...2000 - Offsite...2002 - Polynesian (Got Married!)...2004 - Beach Club...2006 - Beach Club...2008 - Beach Club...2010 May 9-14 BCV Graduation Celebration with DS18...2012 Surprising Family on details May Visit to WDW

TinkerbellinLouisian is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: