Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

Gift for a 6 Year Old Flower Girl?

We kinda, sorta have a flower girl. I originally wanted no wedding party (besides us, of course), but was persuaded to have my fiance's niece be our "flower" girl. I say "flower" because I don't even know if she's allowed to toss flower petals at Discovery Cove, so she may just carry a bouquet or ribbon wand or something.

She is SO excited to be our flower girl and it's all she can talk about (her older sister was one a few years ago and, apparently, it left quite an impression on her). I want to make her feel extra special as she's never been a flower girl and, likely, will never be one again.

At first, I was thinking about getting her a personalized robe or something like that as she's coming to my room before the wedding to get her hair done. Then I started thinking of getting her something a little more grown up and not something she would grow out of in a year. Would a little gold or silver neckalce with her initial on it or something be appropriate? Any other suggestions or ideas? Thanks for your help!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
celerystalker
Look! I'm yankeepenny!
I can't do without air!
I seriously have a Disney addiction

I'm in the same boat - I went from no wedding party to a matron of honor and flower girl in 2 days! Emma is the daughter of a friend and loves weddings so much - she's going to be thrilled when she finds out!
celerystalker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
belle2211
DIS Veteran

My flower girls were 6 and 8. I got them cutesy little stuff like a princess shirt with their name on it, coloring books, costume jewelry. But the main thing I got them was jewelry (earrings for one, a bracelet for the other and necklaces for both) that matched their dress. I wish that I had found a cute barette for their hair. They also wanted to have their hair done like the big girls did so I paid for that.
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
chris31997
Disney Kid at Heart

I know you said you wanted something that she would not grow out of. But how about her favorite stuffed Disney Character? My DD, who is 15, still has all of hers and collects their pins. The jewelry she got sits in a jewelry box too small, the tiaras are gone, and the dresses are in storage. But those stuffed Characters come everywhere with us when we move(military).

Chrissy
chris31997 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: