Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #16
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

That's nice of them! We had a nice lunch and caught up on some DVR'd shows. I'm working tomorrow, have Saturday free and then we're taking the girl scouts to a corn maze on Sunday. Sunday night may work

That's way too cold for me too. I tell my girls that my idea of camping is the Marriott.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #17
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

I feel guilty at home with a nice warm fireplace when they are out freezing, but I'm no fool. No winter/fall camping for me. In fact, I prefer no spring or summer camping either. Man, how did I ever get to be a cub scout leader?

Anyway, I found SVCuts website and I have been watching tutorials most of the morning.....so much for working today! I'm gonna try out some of the information when I get time on Sunday. If I get stuck or have questions I might give you a text to see if you have time to talk. If its not a good time I wil justl catch up with you on Monday.

Have a great time at the corn maze. They are so much fun! Hope we can find the time to get to one this year, but with college visits the next 2 of 3 weekends I'm doubting we will get there this year. I hope DS finally decides where he wants to go and what he wants to do soon. I'm starting to worry about getting applications in. BOYS!

TTFN
Danielle

tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #18
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

We canceled because the weather was horrible this morning. Wasn't looking like it was going to improve, and it did. Ah well, we're going to try again in 2 weeks.

Hope you're having a good weekend, I don't blame you for not doing any fall/winter camping.

Seven years later and I'm *still* not sure how I ended up a girl scout leader...
Old 10-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #19
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Jennifer,
Didn't get home until after 9 last night, so no scrapping for me this past weekend. My mom called yesterday morning and asked me to come help her make a "few" apple dumplings. 45 dumplings later.....and I'm too sick of smelling them to even eat one.

Have cub scouts tonight....trying to make "authentic" native american drums. Our cubs are going as cowboys and indians in the halloween parade and of course my group wants to do indians. Would have been so much easier to put on blue jeans and a hat and bandana, but I guess we don't do easy.

Maybe will get time tomorrow night and Wednesday to play with the little bit I learned online for fonts and welding. If I run into a problem would it be ok to text you?

Thursday night we have to build a teepee and a cowboy fort for on the parade float. Friday night is football game and Saturday we go to look at yet another college. Guess my next big hope for spending hours scrapping is on Sunday. I hate weeks like this. Seems like they are never ending.

Hope you have a good one,
Danielle

Old 10-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #20
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

OMG, that's a lot of work for a boy scout leader! I don't envy you. I would have pushed the cowboy

I'm off tomorrow, working Wednesday, but I'll have my phone (and I can get email on it too), so feel free. Did I PM you my number? (I'm so forgetful!).

Have a great day!
Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #21
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Hey, Danielle, how's it going?
Old 10-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #22
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Nope, I don't think I have your number. Would you mind sending it to me? That way when i have my meltdown tonight I can send you a text. The guys at work think I'm bipolar today. Ever have one of those days when you just can't seem to pull it together? That's where I am today and I think they're scared......as they should be.

I made the mickey head bells and swirlies last night and they turned out really cute. Thank you so much for giving me the files! I also made the mickey halloween parade sign for my partner in the swap (I didn't like the one I made last week. The colors were off). Then I tried out welding letters together, but it was after 10 p.m. and I was tired and cranky and it didn't turn out very well. Going to try again tonight. I get to ship all the boys off to work on scout stuff, so I will have the house to myself for about 2 hours. Didn't even attempt to clean up the mess I made. I figured I would just drag it all back out tonight anyway.

I think the font I was working with was just too thin. I think I need to start out with something thicker while I'm still learning and then when I'm comfortable try using the thinner types. Does this sound right?

I'm also trying to come up with a title to use for the christmas trees at Disney and nothing seems right. Any suggestions?

Old 10-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #23
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyniknate View Post
Nope, I don't think I have your number. Would you mind sending it to me? That way when i have my meltdown tonight I can send you a text. The guys at work think I'm bipolar today. Ever have one of those days when you just can't seem to pull it together? That's where I am today and I think they're scared......as they should be.

I made the mickey head bells and swirlies last night and they turned out really cute. Thank you so much for giving me the files! I also made the mickey halloween parade sign for my partner in the swap (I didn't like the one I made last week. The colors were off). Then I tried out welding letters together, but it was after 10 p.m. and I was tired and cranky and it didn't turn out very well. Going to try again tonight. I get to ship all the boys off to work on scout stuff, so I will have the house to myself for about 2 hours. Didn't even attempt to clean up the mess I made. I figured I would just drag it all back out tonight anyway.

I think the font I was working with was just too thin. I think I need to start out with something thicker while I'm still learning and then when I'm comfortable try using the thinner types. Does this sound right?

I'm also trying to come up with a title to use for the christmas trees at Disney and nothing seems right. Any suggestions?
But you tried it

Christmas Trees is a good title.

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
JohnsonsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #24
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyniknate View Post

Yes, use a thicker font. I'm at work, but I'll check for my favorites when I get home tonight. I know one is LD Buttercream (but it's not a freebie - they have it at Lettering Delights or their sister site, ScrapNFonts.

Good job for trying! I'd love to see how your swirls and bells came out, you can email me a picture so your partner doesn't see...

As for the Christmas trees...I like Rachal's idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post
But you tried it

You're a riot
Old 10-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #25
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post
But you tried it

Was thinking I needed something a little more Disney-ish, but this might be a good backup plan. We will see how much patience and creativity I have tonight.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #26
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Jennifer -

I will take a pic and email it to you tonight or tomorrow. I'm pleased with how they turned out.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #27
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

sometimes!

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
JohnsonsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #28
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyniknate
Jennifer -

I will take a pic and email it to you tonight or tomorrow. I'm pleased with how they turned out.
Can't wait to see them.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 10-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #29
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Sent you my pics from my first welded title. I'm going to have to be careful that these don't become an obsession for me.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #30
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Aren't they awesome?! Saw your stuff, came out great!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: